• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Sounds so Simple but I Use the Dill Mix Sprinkled on Steamed

In summary, the conversation is about different ways to use and combine various seasonings to enhance the flavor of different dishes. Some suggestions include using Italian seasoning in spaghetti sauce and on pizzas, using BBQ seasoning on chicken and ribs, and using Southwestern seasoning in tacos and on grilled meats. The conversation also includes tips for making a garlic dipping sauce and a vegetable pizza. Different people in the conversation also mention using seasonings for breakfast foods like scrambled eggs and coffee. Overall, the conversation highlights the versatility and convenience of using seasonings in cooking.
DebPC
Staff member
This sounds SO simple but I use the Dill Mix sprinkled on steamed vegetables instead of salt, pepper or butter. It adds so much flavor but doesn't add things that are bad for you.

As for the Italian seasoning, I buy CHEAP spaghetti sauce (Hunts in the can, on sale for .77), add a couple of teaspoons of Italian seasoning and a clove of fresh garlic to my ground beef and it makes awesome spaghetti sauce!
I buy the cheapest 8 oz tomato sauce,
add press garlic, Italian seasoning for
the best pizza sauce!

. . . can be warmed & put on sub buns for Meatball
subs, Spicey italian subs, etc.
or use warm for bread/breadstick, pizza
dippers! - like those little containers from the
pizza parlors!

Of course, we make our own garlic dipping sauce
too! Butter, garlic & a little seasoning; heat in Micro- Cooker, serve either or both sauces in SA/fondue,
if desired!

We use the seaonsing with a little olive oil (can add
garlice too) and brush on our whole chickens, when
on the spit on the grill.

In good taste, hmmmm
Bonnie

> > As for the Italian seasoning, I buy CHEAP spaghetti sauce (Hunts in
> the
> can, on sale for .77), add a couple of teaspoons of Italian
> seasoning
> and a clove of fresh garlic to my ground beef and it makes awesome
> spaghetti sauce!
>
> Laurie Kenyon

BBQ sauce...
For a quick meal. Cut up some chicken breast (cooked or left over) and Kielbasa sausage. Put in Grill Pan, sprinkle generously the BBQ seasoning and continue to brown (my family actually likes it burnt!)...Just put the seasoning on the meat (and maybe a little olive oil) and brown in the gril pan! EASY!

.Serve with what ever!
Southwest seasoning.......

I brown ground meat in the large micro cooker in the microwave, add a can of tomato sauce and (to taste) southwest seasoning. Back in the micro for a few more minutes to evapoate some liquid and "stew" the spices with the meat. Instant tacos!

Holly Stephens

Cinnamon - cinnamon rolls any recipe that calls for cinnamon, bread pudding,
add a tsp. to coffee grounds before "perking" to spice up plain coffee, add to
hot cocoa

Italian - any sauce ( I add it to store bought spaghetti sauces) , pasta e
fagiloi, chicken - whole, breast, add to bread crums when making chicken
parmesaen, veggies, add to butter, top cheese garlic bread, add to roll mix

Rhonda Feuer
BBQ- we make the dip (on the label), and use it on baked potatoes, dip
prestzels in it (and chips, etc).
Also, coat pork ribs well, put in our "roasters" at 350 for about 2 hours and
you have ribs to DIE for!! Add extra BBQ if you prefer.

Asian- with stir frys- or on steak with some extra pressed garlic, rub in and
grill!

All-purpose Dill-don't forget the oldie but goodie-VEGETABLE pizza, simple
recipe-shows LOTS of tools (chopper, stone, garlic press, knives, cutting board,
batter bowl-shall I go on?????)

Mary Kammer

Southwestern Seasoning

Brown ground meat in the large micro cooker in the microwave, add a can of tomato sauce and (to taste) southwest seasoning. Back in the micro for a few more minutes to evapoate some liquid and "stew" the spices with the meat. Instant tacos!

Sprinkle on scrambled eggs, add to refried beans for bean dip with fresh garlic, fresh salsa

Mexican Potatoes....chop potatoes, onions and peppers with Food Chopper add the seasoning, cook until tender and grate Cheddar cheese all over...yummy!

The dip on the Southwestern seasoning is great for tostitos (sour
cream/mayonnaise) and low carb too for those Atkins dieters. It's great on
baked potatoes for those non-Atkins dieters too! We love the Southwestern seasoning on just about anything that we grill (hamburgers, chicken breasts,
etc.)

Bake tortillas cut in triangles with the pizza cutter on a flat Baking stone until crisp (400° for 10-15 minutes). Grate cheddar cheese over the chips, and sprinkle Southwestern on them. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with salsa

Italian Seasoning

Buy CHEAP spaghetti sauce (Hunts in the can, on sale for .77), add a couple of teaspoons of Italian seasoning and a clove of fresh garlic to my ground beef and it makes awesome spaghetti sauce!

Use for pizzas, spaghetti sauce, sprinkled on French bread before baking with Parmesan cheese.

Buy the cheapest 8 oz tomato sauce, add press garlic, Italian seasoning for the best pizza sauce!

. . . can be warmed & put on sub buns for Meatball subs, Spicey italian subs, etc.or use warm for bread/breadstick, pizza dippers! - like those little containers from the pizza parlors!

Garlic dipping sauce... Butter, garlic & a little seasoning; heat in Micro-Cooker.

Use the Italian Seaonsing with a little olive oil (can add garlice too) and brush on our whole chickens, when on the spit on the grill.

Put the Italian Seasoning in all of your pasta sauces and on top of garlic bread.

Italian dressing recipe found on the side of the Measure Mix-N-Pour...use the seasoning in place of the basil and oregano.

Add to bread crums when making chicken parmesaen, veggies, add to butter, top cheese garlic bread, add to roll mix

Barbecue Seasoning

BBQ sauce...a family favorite.

For a quick meal. Cut up some chicken breast (cooked or left over) and Kielbasa sausage. Put in Grill Pan, sprinkle generously the BBQ seasoning and continue to brown (my family actually likes it burnt!)....Serve with what ever!

The Barbecue Seasoning smells just like the chips so if you are watching what you are eating,
you can just lay on the couch and sniff the spice.

Dill Mix

Make Herbed butters:
1 stick of butter softened, press 4 or more cloves of fresh garlic and add 1 to 2 Tablespoons of Dill Mix (or Rosemary Herb Seasoning.) Mix well and chill ultil firm enough to handle. Roll into a log, wrap with saran and store in freezer bag. To use, slice a piece, microwave to melt and baste fish with the Dill and chicken or pork with the Rosemary Herb.

Use the Dill Mix sprinkled on steamed vegetables instead of salt, pepper or butter. It adds so much flavor
but doesn't add things that are bad for you.

Use the Dill Mix in scrambled eggs, baked salmon, in mayo as a sandwich spread, egg salad, deviled eggs.

Salmon Spread - 1 pkg. Cream cheese, 1 can drained, flaked, skinless, boneless salmon, 1-2 T. Dill Mix

Rosemary Herb Seasoning

Wonderful added to vegetable soup, on roasted chicken, roast beef, over sautéed veggies such as zucchini

Slice zucchini and yellow squash with the USG and saute on med. high heat in sauté pan with a T. of olive oil, stirring constantly until tender. Before removing from pan, sprinkle lightly with seasoning and stir, cooking several seconds more, then serve. A small amount of butter can be added with the olive oil to add flavor while sautéing, but oil must be used with butter to keep butter from burning.

Korintje Cinnamon

As little as 1/2 teaspoon a day of cinnamon will help regulate blood sugar and cholesterol. Add to cooked cereals, toast etc.

Use the cinnamon for anything that calls for cinnamon and it makes it twice as good!

Cinnamon rolls any recipe that calls for cinnamon, bread pudding, add a tsp. to coffee grounds before "perking" to spice up plain coffee, add to hot cocoa.

FLUFFY PEANUT BUTTER DIP
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 container (8 oz.) Vanilla yogurt
1/8 tsp. PAMPERED PANTRY KORINTJE CINNAMON
8 oz. thawed whipped topping
1/4 c. peanuts
2 Granny Smith apples
2 pears

Measure peanut butter into SMALL BATTER BOWL with MEASURE-ALL CUP. Mix in yogurt with STAINLESS STEEL WHISK. Add cinnamon with ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOONS. Measure 2 cup whipped topping into mixture with MEASURE-ALL CUP; fold in with CLASSIC SCRAPER. Place dip in CHILLZANNE MINI- BOWL. Chop peanuts with FOOD CHOPPER; sprinkle over dip. Fill EASY ACCENT DECORATOR with remaining whipped topping, pipe rosettes on the top of the chopped peanuts.

Peel, core and slice apples with APPLE PEELER/CORER/SLICER. Wedge pears with APPLE WEDGER.
Cinnamon Plus

Use in place of all other spices in your pumpkin pie recipe.

Use in pancake mix with vanilla added, too. Also, in any muffin mixes, blueberry, orange cranberry, etc.

SPICED APPLE TOPPING
3 Granny Smith Apples
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
1/3 c. apple juice
1 T. corn starch
2 T. butter or marg.
Peel, core, and slice apples with Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer, cut in half. Combine brown sugar and spice , set aside. Whisk juice and corn starch together using S.S. Whisk. Set aside.

Melt butter in Stir-Fry Skillet over med. Heat. Add apples and stir fry for 2 min. Stir in brown sugar mixture continue cooking 2 more min. Stir in juice mixture, bring to a boil. Cook 1 min, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened. Serve over ice cream crepes waffles or pancakes.

Asian Seasoning

Use with teriyaki sauce to marinate steaks, any stir-fries, this sounds weird but it's REALLY good....1 pkg. Cream cheese, finely chopped green olives and 1-2 T. Asian Seasoning. Makes a GREAT spread.

Spices left in the cupboard can diminish in flavor after a period of time. The recommended shelf life of most dry seasonings is 6 - 12 months. You may want to start fresh and buy the whole set of Pampered Chef Seasonings.

Mary Jo Oyer

Pampered Chef Italian and RosemaryIf you want to use the Italian and Rosemary mix them with olive oil and
brush them on breadsticks, bake them on the stone. Cut them into bite size
pieces and have those for tasting. You can also make some broad hints about
the dipping sets we are going to have available October 1st.

Gail Carlson

Seasonings Shelf LifeShelf Life for Seasoning Mixes
According to The Pampered Chef Test Kitchen, our Seasoning Mixes have a shelf life of one year whether or not Mixes have been opened. There's an 8-digit code printed on the package of Mix that tells the
manufacture date. First two numbers in are year of manufacture, second
two numbers in the 8-digit code are the month of manufacture, and the last four numbers in the 8-digit code are batch numbers within that month. Product will expire one year from the month/year of manufacture printed on the bottle.
Nancy Jo Ryan

Thanks for informing us about how to find & read the expiration date on our seasonings. I knew about the shelf life of seasonings but never knew how to read the number codes.

Just wondering...what about other seasoning manufacturers (like Schilling or McCormick), does anyone know how to read the numbers on their bottles? Where could someone get this information? I'd be curious to find out how old some of the seasonings I haven't used in a long time are.

Sharon

Re: SeasoningsDoes anyone know how to read the codes now? This topic is from 2004.
I made the Chili-Lime meatballs and my bottle of Asian Spice mix was all clumpy. I was just curious if it was out-of-date.
My bottle of Creole Rub has this code: B162T0901
The Asian bottle has an entirely different code type.

Re: SeasoningsMy Asian mix is clumpy too and I bought it six months ago.

Re: SeasoningsThe Asian will get clumpy. There's a fair amount of salt in it, and that clumps up with humidity. The oils in the sesame seeds contribute to that, too. Heck, I've opened new jars and found small clumps.

Re: SeasoningsThanks for letting me know that new bottles of the Asian Seasoning can be clumpy.
I will contact HO about reading the expiration dates.

Re: SeasoningsPlease let us know about the expiration dates. I just checked my bottles and I cant' make out a possible date from the numbers there. They are small black letters and numbers printed on the plastic bottle at the very top. Thanks for looking into this.
Deb

Re: SeasoningsSo interesting you all posted this about the Asian mix- I opened mine last night and it was VERY clumpy and I assumed it was outdated, but now I'm curious... Thanks!

Re: SeasoningsYikes, my bad...I forgot about emailing HO and asking! I just did though, and will let you know what they say.

Re: SeasoningsI'm hoping they will reply with a better answer. So far, all I got was this:
There is a date code printed on all of our products. Please send back this information so that we can decode it for you.
Which I guess I can do, but what a hassle.

Re: SeasoningsMost companies freely print human-readable expiry dates on their product. I wonder why PC does not.

Last edited:
Re: SeasoningsSeasonings don't really expire. Once opened, they'll lose their potency over time and sometimes get a bit clumpy, but they'll never spoil.

Re: SeasoningsThat's mostly true, Rae. The sesame seeds in the Asian seasoning will go rancid, even if the bottle is still sealed.

Re: SeasoningsI didn't even think about sesame seeds in the Asian. I never use that one. I'd better check it.

1. How do I use the dill mix on steamed vegetables?

To use the dill mix on steamed vegetables, simply sprinkle a small amount of the mix onto the vegetables while they are still hot. Alternatively, you can mix the dill mix with melted butter and drizzle it over the steamed vegetables for a delicious flavor boost.

2. Can I use the dill mix on other dishes besides steamed vegetables?

Yes, the dill mix can be used on a variety of dishes. It is particularly delicious on baked fish, roasted potatoes, and even in dips and salad dressings. Get creative and experiment with different ways to use the dill mix!

3. Is the dill mix suitable for people with dietary restrictions?

Our dill mix does not contain any gluten, dairy, or nuts. However, it is always best to check the ingredients list for any potential allergens before consuming.

4. How long will the dill mix last in my pantry?

If stored in a cool, dry place, the dill mix can last up to one year. Be sure to check the expiration date on the package for specific shelf life information.

5. Can I make my own dill mix at home?

While you can certainly make your own dill mix at home, our Pampered Chef dill mix is expertly blended with the perfect ratio of herbs and spices for maximum flavor. Plus, it is conveniently pre-packaged and ready to use whenever you need it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • Jennie50