• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the ultimate dipping experience?

In summary, when using olive oil as a dip, it is important to choose a high-quality oil as there is a noticeable difference in taste between cheaper and more expensive varieties. This can make the difference between enjoying the dip or finding it disgusting. Some people like to add fresh herbs, garlic, or other flavors to their olive oil dip, while others prefer to keep it simple. It is important to remember proper etiquette when dipping, similar to that of fondue. Overall, olive oil is a versatile and essential ingredient in the kitchen, and can be used for a variety of dishes, but is especially delicious as a dip for bread and other foods.
DebPC
Staff member
Just a quick note to all who are doing shows using the new dipping set.
If you are not familiar with using olive oil in this way, be sure you do not buy a cheap store brand. Unlike other foods, you can really taste the difference between an inexpensive olive oil and the more expensive varieties. It will make the difference between enjoying the dip and thinking it is disgusting (in the words of one of min downline = )!)
Michelle Wilson

At our local Italian restaurant, they put fresh grated parmesan cheese in the olive oil, and I LOVE it!! I'm doing it at my shows too. I set the green SA platter across the large white platter, and put three of the dipping bowls in it. Then, I take the mustard colored bowl, and I fill it with fresh parmesan cheese, and put in to one side of the green platter. The other side is filled with cubed beer bread. In the dipping bowls, I fill them with olive oil, Italian seasoning, pepper, and parmesan cheese. For the bowl in the middle, I put in the Rosemary Seasoning instead of Italian. Then, I just talk about how they can add some of their own fresh herbs, garlic, lemon zest, basil, etc.
April Wahl, WI

Here is what I do at home and at restaurants that I've been to. I haven't
actually done this at a show yet. Even my four and one and a half year old
boys love this. We had this at dinner last night and my four year old asked me
if we were having a party; they had so much fun dipping!

Anyway, I had one bowl with extra virgin olive oil, splash of balsamic
vinegar, and fresh ground black pepper (from our Salt/Pepper Mill), second bowl
with olive oil, Italian Seasoning and roasted garlic, third bowl with fresh
parmesan, and the fourth bowl was filled with fresh basil (we didn't use it for
the bread, but I had it out to sprinkle on the Chicken Alfredo Soup from the
Soups and Stews Recipe cards). We dipped the bread into one of the oil
sauces and then into the parmesan if we chose too, otherwise the oil blends
themselves were also fabulous just on their own. Get creative with different
seasonings and cheeses or just go with extra virgin olive oil and pepper if you
want it simple. I also had some sundried tomato and garlic pesto in my
cupboard (dried flakes that need to be reconstituted) that I added some olive oil to
. . . also delicious for dipping.

The etiquette is pretty similar to doing Fondue. Don't double dip if you've
already taken a bite! Break your bread into smaller pieces if you don't
want to go dip-less on the last bite.

P.S. Today my son had leftovers for lunch and he was adamant that he needed
"dip" for his bread! How cute; he really loved the whole set up!

Melissa Krajniak

Dipping Oils that Will Pamper Your Guests

Make your guests feel like they're dining in a chichi restaurant by offering them a warm loaf of bread and a delicious dipping oil when they sit down to dinner.

Types of Olive Oil

Walk into a supermarket and you are likely to be overwhelmed by the vast array of olive oils from which to choose. Greek, Italian, American, Spanish? Expensive or inexpensive? Extra virgin, virgin, first cold press, pure or pomace?

You should pick your olive oil based on what you plan to use it for. Pure or pomace olive oil is ideal for deep frying or baking because of its absence of flavor and its higher flash point. If you are planning to use the oil for drizzling on salads or dipping bread, you should choose the best quality extra-virgin olive oil you can afford. Paying a few extra dollars for the best quality will ensure the best flavor and you won't need as much of it to season your food.

Enjoying Olive Oil
Olive Oil is an essential kitchen staple that can be used to prepare just about anything you can imagine from salads to cooked meats and vegetables to baked goods. But, one of the best ways to enjoy the flavor of top quality olive old is simply as a dip. You can keep it simple and use just a top-quality extra virgin olive oil as a dip, or you can add a number of ingredients to your oil. From spicy to savory, the possibilities are endless. Here is one sample olive oil dipping recipe that uses plain extra virgin olive oil as its basis.

Olive Oil Dipping Recipe:
¼ cup olive oil
Coarse sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. dried or fresh herbs such as rosemary, basil or tarragon, minced. Pour the olive oil into a dipping bowl. Stir in the herbs. Season lightly with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Makes enough to delight four people. Can be prepared immediately before serving or 30 minutes ahead of time, so the herbs can infuse into the oil. Use fresh - store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Garlic: Everyone knows that garlic helps cut cholesterol, tastes great and also keeps vampires away, but when you use garlic to flavor oil, be sure that its used within a couple of hours. DO NOT keep it on a shelf and/or for more than 2 hours, because its very possible it will breed botulism, for those of you who don't know, botulism WILL KILL you!

classes of olive oil
(a) virgin olive oils (i.e. those which have not been refined) and
(b) the chemically refined oils (called "olive oil" or "pure olive oil").

Virgin olive oil fit for consumption as is (i.e. "natural") includes:
1) Extra virgin olive oil: virgin olive oil which has a free acidity, expressed as oleic acid, of not more than 1 gram per 100 grams
2) Virgin olive oil: (the qualifier "fine" may be used at the production and wholesale stage): virgin olive oil which has a free acidity, expressed as oleic acid, of not more than 2 grams per 100 grams
3) Ordinary virgin olive oil: virgin olive oil which has a free acidity, expressed as oleic acid, of not more than 3,3 grams per 100 grams

Rhonda Feuer

At my show tongiht, everyone love the Southwest Seasoning and DILL WEED the most!!! Go figure!
Holly Stephens

I haven't tried the dill (I usually have that in a veggie/dip combo), but I
do fill one with oil and freshly cracked pepper (S&P Mill), one has freshly
grated parmesan cheese, one has balsamic vinegar (because it tastes SO
good!) and one has rosemary herb or Italian with the oil.

All delish!
Gail Shendelman

I chop olives ( no pimentos) and add oil- yummy and demos the chopper!
DebPC

Watkins sells an oil that is great for dipping. It is called Grapeseed Oil. The flavors are: Original, Black Pepper, Cirtus & Cilantro, and my personal favorite Garlic & Parsley. Grapeseed Oil is rich in linoleic acid and is one of the only foods shown to both lower LDL ("bad") cholesterol and increase HDL ("good") cholesterol.

For more info on how you can get these great tasting oils please email me at [email protected]

1. What is "Dipping for Dummies"?

"Dipping for Dummies" is a collection of easy and delicious dip recipes that are perfect for any occasion. These recipes are designed to make entertaining and snacking easier for anyone, even those who may not be comfortable in the kitchen.

2. Are the ingredients for these dip recipes easily accessible?

Yes, all of the ingredients used in "Dipping for Dummies" can be found at your local grocery store. They are simple and affordable, making it easy for anyone to create these tasty dips.

3. Can I customize the dip recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! "Dipping for Dummies" offers a variety of dip recipes that can be easily customized to fit your dietary needs. Whether you are looking for gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegetarian options, there is a dip recipe for you.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make these dips?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make the dips in "Dipping for Dummies". Most of the recipes can be made with basic kitchen tools such as a mixing bowl, spoon, and blender.

5. Can I use these dip recipes for other dishes besides just dipping?

Definitely! While these recipes are designed for dipping, they can also be used as spreads or toppings for sandwiches, wraps, and other dishes. Get creative and experiment with different ways to use these delicious dips!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • quiverfull7