• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Aren't My Contacts Migrating to Beta?

In summary, tech support told Rae she should not have to migrate her contacts, but she did anyway and now her old website is not working. She also found out she had forgotten to cancel her PWS.
cochef
Gold Member
Trying to get my feet wet in Beta so I just did the "migrate contacts" thing and only 4 showed up on the Beta site. I have LOTS of contacts in P3. Help - what's wrong?

cochef said:
Trying to get my feet wet in Beta so I just did the "migrate contacts" thing and only 4 showed up on the Beta site. I have LOTS of contacts in P3. Help - what's wrong?
I write this with a red face - just discovered how to find ALL the contacts - WHEW!!

I keep putting off my phone call to tech support. I changed my website in August when I got the e-mail. It had been a long time since I'd done the training. I followed the instructions in the e-mail. BIG MISTAKE. I am unable to migrate my contacts now. I have tried to save my P3 contacts and upload them, but that doesn't work either. DON'T CANCEL your old site until AFTER you migrate your contacts!

I know this thread is old, but since it is about contacts in the new site I am adding my problem here. I migrated all my contacts before changing over and have followed all the directions we've been given. I added a show earlier today with no problems. Now I am trying to set up another show with a past host. She is not listed in the new web at all as a contact. I have logged out, synced p3 with the website and re-migrated contacts (since the instructions said it could be done again). I did not do all those things listed above at the same time. I kept trying different things. My contact is not listed in the new web although she has had 3 past shows. Any advice??Another question...when putting guests in the shows is there a way to search for the contact? It seems like we should not have to re-enter all the information if they are already a contact.And one more question. As I said I have followed all the directions for changing over. So when I view the newsletter and take the link to my website it takes me to the old one and I have to scroll down to find the link for beta. That is not what I understood would happen once I changed over. Too bad I wrote "Welcome to my new website".... Anyone taking the link will think I've lost my marbles...Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
I can't answer your question about the migrated contacts. However, there is a way to search for contacts when entering guests for a show. After clicking on "Add Guest" put the first and/or last name and hit the Search button (right under Last Name).If you're using the app, click on the magnifying glass right beside First Name.

Rae, I have tried that and my host does not show up. So I sent all those questions to the home office and received this reply:
"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Please call Technical Support at (888) OUR-CHEF, Option 2, at your earliest convenience. This issue can get rather involved and it will be better troubleshooting with one of our experienced support representatives directly."Hope it does not take a long time on the phone as we are trying to get ready for vacation. I was hoping for a quick reply with steps for me to take....

I was able to talk to tech this morning. Here is what I found out. My friend it not opted out (according to their records) and no explanation on what happened, but I am sending her an e-mail from the web to see how it works.
I have to put the contacts that did not migrate in manually and tech is sending the problem to someone else to figure out the glitch. He told me I should not have to migrate but once. I am wondering how many other contacts did not migrate and I'll only learn about it in the future when I try to find them....
And the other thing was I found out I had actually forgotten to cancel my PWS and I had 2 of them running! That is now fixed. As I was working on a show after talking to tech and I am seeing that a past host "qualifies for the future party pick", but this host didn't book from anyone. What happens if they take the party pick and really are not eligible for it? Does anyone know where the new 'chat' link is on the new web?

1. What is "Yikes - Migrating Contacts"?

"Yikes - Migrating Contacts" is a software tool that helps users easily transfer their contact information from one platform or device to another.

2. How does "Yikes - Migrating Contacts" work?

"Yikes - Migrating Contacts" uses a simple and intuitive interface to guide users through the process of exporting and importing contact information. It can also automatically merge duplicate contacts and handle formatting discrepancies.

3. Which platforms and devices are supported by "Yikes - Migrating Contacts"?

"Yikes - Migrating Contacts" supports a wide range of platforms and devices, including popular email clients, address book apps, and social media platforms. For a full list of supported platforms, please refer to the software's documentation.

4. Is "Yikes - Migrating Contacts" a free tool?

Yes, "Yikes - Migrating Contacts" is completely free to use. However, some advanced features may require a paid subscription.

5. How can I ensure that my contact information is safe during the migration process?

"Yikes - Migrating Contacts" takes the privacy and security of your contact information very seriously. The software uses advanced encryption and secure servers to protect your data, and all information is deleted from the software's servers after the migration is complete.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cati123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pctharper
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Intrepid_Chef