• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yellow Squash And/Or Zucchini Recipes?

In summary, the speakers discuss various ways to use and prepare yellow squash and zucchini, including grilling, making bread, sautéing, and adding them to casseroles and other dishes. They also mention some healthy options, such as reducing oil and adding vegetables. Some specific recipes are suggested, such as a carrot and zucchini bread, ratatouille, and a squash casserole. The speakers also share their personal favorites, such as grilling with Italian dressing or seasoning with garlic and onions.
ChefJoyJ
Someone gave me a *ton* of yellow squash and zucchini from their garden. They look beautiful and I can't wait to use them. Now I just need some delicious (and possibly healthy?) recipes...

Help! :chef:

Slice and toss them in your grill basket.

There's a Carrot and Zucchini bread recipe on CC, from one of the use and care cards. My sister swears by it (although she halves the oil and adds applesauce to reduce the fat). She says her kids think it's cake.Otherwise, it's good just cut up and sauteed with some garlic, or grilled like Pat suggested.

I can't help with healthy - I just saute them in butter with a seasoning of choice and serve with white rice.

I make pickles, relish & a few casseroles......I'm not so healthy either..

10 ounces extra-lean ground turkey breast
1 medium onion, diced
2 (28-oz) cans diced tomatoes
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 medium yellow squash diced
1 (15 oz) can black beans
2 (15-oz) cans fat-free, reduced-sodium
beef broth
4 celery stalks, diced
2 green bell peppers, diced
1 (1 1/4-oz) package dry chili seasonings.

Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and onion and saute' until browned, about 10 minutes.

Transfer the browned turkey and onion mixture to a large soup pot and add the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, beans, broth, celery, bell peppers, and chili seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes

Serves 20.

Greek Orzo Chicken Skillet.... from the Power Cooking shows

ratatouille.....

Basically its a side dish, with cubed Squash,Zuccinni,Eggplant,Tomatoes & Onions. But you can mix any thing you want. Season it up with some Salt,Pepper,Garlic & just let the natural juices take over. You can even cover it for awhile & that will bring out more juice. I use the Executive Skillet.....HTH

Tossed with extra virgin olive oil, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and grilled in the grill basket is my favorite way. I also add mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, sliced sweet onion, YUM!!

We've been slicing our zucchini w/ squash, onion, tomato, & green pepper toss w/ oil & seasoned salt. mmmmm!! soo good!!

Rachel Ray had a delicious looking yellow squash macaroni and cheese. It's on her archives of recipes on her website. It was mostly shredded yellow squash with just a small amount of cheese on top, to be "deceptive" for the kids.

We've been grilling it a lot. (I have a ton from the garden too.) You can make zucchini bread (use zucchini or squash) and freeze it. I am going to cut some up and freeze it for later too. You can pickle them too. (very similar to cucumber in mild taste)

Squash Casserole
slice squash, chop onions , top with Mozarella cheese

Zucchini Skillet
ground beef, onions, canned tomatoes, zucchini

Love grilled squash and zucchini marinated in italian dressing and then grilled.
I also love it italian style... sliced with sliced onions and pressed garlic crushed red pepper and your choice of seasoning. Sautee, when soft I add a can of diced or stewed tomatoes. Heat through cover with mozzarella or parm. cheese.

1. What is the best way to cook yellow squash and zucchini?

The best way to cook yellow squash and zucchini is by sautéing them in a pan with some olive oil and your choice of seasonings. You can also grill, roast, or bake them for a delicious and healthy side dish.

2. Can I substitute yellow squash for zucchini in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute yellow squash for zucchini in most recipes. They have a similar texture and taste, so they can be used interchangeably in dishes like stir-fries, casseroles, and soups.

3. What are some creative ways to use yellow squash and zucchini?

Aside from traditional cooking methods, yellow squash and zucchini can also be used in creative ways such as spiralizing them to make "zoodles", adding them to smoothies for a nutritious boost, or even using them as a pizza crust alternative.

4. How can I store leftover yellow squash and zucchini?

Store leftover yellow squash and zucchini in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage by blanching them in boiling water for a few minutes and then placing them in an airtight freezer-safe bag.

5. Are there any health benefits of eating yellow squash and zucchini?

Yes, yellow squash and zucchini are both low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals. They are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. They also contain antioxidants that can help boost your immune system and promote overall health.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 4kids4me
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Karen