• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wording Needed for Hwc Show Invite

In summary, the conversation is about a person wanting to host a HWC Fundraiser in memory of their father, who passed away from cancer. They are unsure about how to word the invitations and if it is possible to have the donation made in their father's name. The other person in the conversation suggests wording for the invitations and explains that while it is not possible to have a HWC Fundraiser specifically for this purpose, they can still make the donation to ACS in their father's name through a regular fundraiser. The conversation ends with an offer of assistance from the person who works at the national home office.
akrebecca
Silver Member
I have decided that I want to host a HWC Fundraiser in memory of my dad. I realize that HWC & May is all about women & breast cancer but I do know that approximately 2000 new cases of breast cancer in men are diagnosed each year and approximately 450 deaths in men. My dad did not pass away from breast cancer but from B cell lymphoma. To me, cancer is cancer. It affects the patient, family & friends the same.

For the fundraiser, I would like the 'big' donation from the fundraiser to ACS to be made in my dad's name. Is that possible?

Second, I have not sent any invite out (& I have already had 20 yes RSVPs) because I don't know what to say. For those of you who have hosted a show in memory/honour of a person who has passed away from cancer, what did your invite say? Look like? Could you attach to here?

I am at a total loss as what to say. Some things I can be creative with, others not. This is one of those not creative times.

Rebbecca, I can not come up with words right for you but look into your heart and put down your thoughts from that exploration. Put down WHY this is important. Then organize the thoughts into one nicely put thought. There's you wording. As for putting the donation in your fathers name, there is not a way to do that. You can do a cash donation with the Cash Donation Form on CC and write it in there but I do not think this info is recorded. I will say this, I currently have 18 reasons I do Help Whip Cancer. None of them have been named on any donation because I have not found a way to do that. However, they are emblazoned in my brain and my heart forever. So I know who I am doing it for and that is what matters.

Thats too bad about not being able to have the donation made in the name of a specific person.

The problem I run into when I put my thoughts down on paper, I end up writing a letter. Even when I edit into a smaller version, it is still very wordy. I am thinking a flyer with bullets showing the numbers for men & women. That is as far as I get.

Rebecca, I think this would be perfect for the wording of your invitations:

"I have decided that I want to host a HWC Fundraiser in memory of my dad. I realize that HWC & May is all about women & breast cancer but I do know that approximately 2000 new cases of breast cancer in men are diagnosed each year and approximately 450 deaths in men. My dad did not pass away from breast cancer but from B cell lymphoma. To me, cancer is cancer. It affects the patient, family & friends the same."

Then, just add your date, time, and location.

akrebecca said:
I have decided that I want to host a HWC Fundraiser in memory of my dad. I realize that HWC & May is all about women & breast cancer but I do know that approximately 2000 new cases of breast cancer in men are diagnosed each year and approximately 450 deaths in men. My dad did not pass away from breast cancer but from B cell lymphoma. To me, cancer is cancer. It affects the patient, family & friends the same.

For the fundraiser, I would like the 'big' donation from the fundraiser to ACS to be made in my dad's name. Is that possible?

Second, I have not sent any invite out (& I have already had 20 yes RSVPs) because I don't know what to say. For those of you who have hosted a show in memory/honour of a person who has passed away from cancer, what did your invite say? Look like? Could you attach to here?

I am at a total loss as what to say. Some things I can be creative with, others not. This is one of those not creative times.

Hi Rebecca,

You can have the donation made to ACS in his name, but you couldn't host a Help Whip CAncer fundraiser to do it. Your show would have to be set up online and in P3 as a regular fundraiser and then you can hav ethe check sent to ACS and put "in honor of (your father's name)" on the first address line. If you want to do it this way, send me an e-mail ([email protected]) and I can let you know exactly what to do. I work at the national home office and would be more than happy to help you with everything.

What is the purpose of wording for a Hwc show invite?

The wording for a Hwc show invite is important because it sets the tone and expectation for the event. It should entice and excite potential guests to attend and also provide all the necessary details for the event.

What information should be included in the wording for a Hwc show invite?

The wording for a Hwc show invite should include the date, time, location, host's name, contact information, and a brief description of the event. It should also mention any special offers, incentives or themes to further entice guests to attend.

How can I make the wording for a Hwc show invite more creative and engaging?

To make the wording for a Hwc show invite more creative and engaging, try using catchy phrases, humor, or personalization. You can also include images or graphics to make the invite visually appealing.

Is it necessary to mention the products or services offered by Pampered Chef in the wording for a Hwc show invite?

Yes, it is important to mention the products or services offered by Pampered Chef in the wording for a Hwc show invite. This will give potential guests an idea of what to expect at the event and also showcase the range of products available.

Can I customize the wording for a Hwc show invite for different types of events?

Yes, you can customize the wording for a Hwc show invite based on the type of event you are hosting. For example, if it is a holiday-themed event, you can incorporate festive language or if it is a fundraiser, you can mention the cause that the event is supporting. Just make sure to include all the necessary information and keep the tone consistent with your brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • Firegirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • redsoxgirl