• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Egg Roll Wraps for Elegant Artichoke Cups: A Wonton Wrapper Alternative

In summary, wonton wrappers are made of flour, water, and sometimes egg. They can be used for various dishes such as dumplings and egg rolls, and should be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. If using frozen wrappers, it is recommended to defrost them before use. While homemade wrappers are possible, it is more convenient to purchase pre-made ones.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, for the elegant artichoke cups, that calls for wonton wrappers..I could only find egg roll wraps at my grocery store..Anyone ever use this?

Is there a big difference?

they are actually the same just bigger. i think you should be able to cut them in 4 squares and get the wonton size.

Thanks for the tip, 'cause I haven't been able to find them either! :)

I found them in the produce section at walmart...I hope that helps.

Thats where I get mine...In the produce dept, right next to the egg roll wrappers.....;)

thanks..after an almost catastophe moment tryin' to use the eggroll wrappers, I went to a different grocery store, and found the wonton wrappers in the produce area as well, in a special foods section..!

yup just cut them in 4 !

wontons & eggrollsDitto. I did this for my first show.:)

cut them in 1/4 with pizza cutter

yeah, but the texture of the wrappers was different...I felt better using the wontons..but at that point.. I was about to scream...and had just given up..:> LOL

MF - don't know how often you're in Ch'twn, but you can get them atthe Sobeys (Buchanan Dr, maybe Allen St. too) also at Superstore on Univ Ave, (the one by Indigo, not in West Royalty). I would think you could get them at the Montague stores?!? I've never done grocery shopping east of Startford:)

1. What are wonton wrappers made of?

Wonton wrappers are typically made of flour, water, and sometimes egg. Some brands may also include salt or other seasonings.

2. Can I use wonton wrappers for more than just wontons?

Yes, wonton wrappers can be used for a variety of dishes such as dumplings, egg rolls, and even desserts like wonton cups for fruit tarts.

3. How do I store wonton wrappers?

Wonton wrappers should be stored in the refrigerator, either in their original packaging or in an airtight container. They can also be frozen for longer storage.

4. Do I need to defrost wonton wrappers before using them?

If you are using frozen wonton wrappers, it is best to defrost them in the refrigerator for a few hours before using. However, if you are in a rush, you can also defrost them in the microwave on a low setting.

5. Can I make my own wonton wrappers?

While it is possible to make your own wonton wrappers at home, it can be a time-consuming process. It is generally easier and more convenient to purchase pre-made wonton wrappers from the store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • kdietrich
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies