• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Wine and Appetizer Pairings?

In summary, when pairing wine with appetizers, it is important to consider the weight and flavors of both the wine and the dish, as well as the acidity levels. Some classic pairings include Sauvignon Blanc with goat cheese and crackers, Pinot Noir with bruschetta, and Chardonnay with shrimp cocktail. For a cheese platter, wines with medium to high acidity, such as Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, or Pinot Noir, are recommended. It is also acceptable to serve just one wine with multiple appetizers, as long as it is a versatile option like a dry rosé or sparkling wine. Non-alcoholic options such as sparkling water, fruit juices, or mocktails can also be great for
PCAnna
Gold Member
I have a host who wants to have a wine pairing with different types of appetizers. Anyone have any ideas?? All suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Crostini's would work well. Along with the Greek cheese recipe made in the small batter bowl. I am drawing a blank on the name.... Good Luck. I'm sure your party will be a success. With Cheese and Wine, you can't go wrong.

oreocowgirl said:
Crostini's would work well. Along with the Greek cheese recipe made in the small batter bowl. I am drawing a blank on the name.... Good Luck. I'm sure your party will be a success. With Cheese and Wine, you can't go wrong.

Greek Cheese Torta is what you are you thinking of.

Be careful of how many appetizers you provide. You can do one main appetizer and maybe serve one of the sauces over cream cheese and/or dipping seasoning with bread.

Yes, I've had the Greek Cheese torta. Does that have to sit a while before serving it?
I always bring cream cheese and 2 sauces at every show. :)

PCAnna said:
Yes, I've had the Greek Cheese torta. Does that have to sit a while before serving it?
I always bring cream cheese and 2 sauces at every show. :)

Of course the flavors enhance if you let it set but make it first thing in the show and give it a little time in the fridge while you finish the rest of your show.

Don't forget your dripless/pourer stopper :) i went to a show my director was having and the host brought out some wine. well my director was like, "oh look at this" and she pulled it out, put it on the bottle and EVERYONE bought one that was at the party lol...thought it was funny.

1. What are some general rules for pairing wine with appetizers?

Some general guidelines for pairing wine with appetizers include matching the weight of the wine with the weight of the appetizer, choosing a wine with similar flavors to the dish, and considering the acidity of the wine in relation to the dish's acidity.

2. Can you suggest specific wine and appetizer pairings?

Of course! A few classic pairings include Sauvignon Blanc with goat cheese and crackers, Pinot Noir with bruschetta, and Chardonnay with shrimp cocktail.

3. What types of wine are best for pairing with a cheese platter?

For a cheese platter, it's best to choose wines with a medium to high acidity such as Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, or Pinot Noir. These wines will cut through the richness of the cheese and complement its flavors.

4. Is it okay to serve only one type of wine with multiple appetizers?

While it's always fun to offer a variety of wines for pairing, it's perfectly acceptable to serve just one wine with multiple appetizers. Choose a versatile wine that can pair well with a variety of flavors, such as a dry rosé or a sparkling wine.

5. Can you recommend any non-alcoholic options for pairing with appetizers?

Absolutely! Non-alcoholic options such as sparkling water, fruit juices, or mocktails can be great for pairing with appetizers. You can also try pairing different types of tea or even kombucha with certain appetizers for a unique flavor combination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KCPChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AFWife34
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • sandilou