• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Keeping Whipped Cream Fresh in a Trifle | 125-Mile Schlepping Solution

In summary, to keep the whipped cream from deflating overnight and while schlepping the trifle 125 miles tomorrow, try using a layer of Whipped Cream (not Cool Whip) that is not ultra pastuerized, add either 1/4 teas. of unflavored gelatin, or a teas. of cream of tartar to your cream while you're whipping it, and add a teas. of instant vanilla pudding mix to it.
RMDave
Gold Member
I'm using a layer of Whipped Cream (not Cool Whip) in a trifle. Want to make it today. Any ideas how to keep the cream from deflating overnight and while schlepping the trifle 125 miles tomorrow?

RMDave said:
I'm using a layer of Whipped Cream (not Cool Whip) in a trifle. Want to make it today. Any ideas how to keep the cream from deflating overnight and while schlepping the trifle 125 miles tomorrow?

First - try to find Whipping Cream that is NOT ultra pastuerized. That doesn't whip as well or stay whipped as long.

Then, add either 1/4 teas. of unflavored gelatin, or a teas. of cream of tartar to your cream while you're whipping it. Either of those will help stabilize your whipped cream. :)

And thanks - your question just gave me my "tip of the day" for my FB page!:D:thumbup:

Thanks, Becky! Do I soften the gelatin in water first? How much whipping cream to the 1/4 tsp measurement?

You're welcome!No, you can just sprinkle it in while you're whipping it.Both of those measurements are for 1 cup of whipping cream (to make 2 cups whipped.) Another thing you can do that's very easy is to add a Tbls. of instant vanilla pudding mix to it. Not enough to make it like pudding, but just enough to stabilize the cream.My old catering tricks still come in handy. :chef:

Thanks, B. How does one know when the cream has been stabilized? SHEESH.

I also use powdered sugar instead of granulated if I'm going to sweeten it. But if you use the vanilla pudding, you might not need to sweeten too much more.

Assemble it when you arrive and impress the others with how easy it is! ;). You might get some unexpected sales. :D

RMDave said:
Thanks, B. How does one know when the cream has been stabilized? SHEESH.

When it's still fluffy several hours later. Bwahahahaha!

Seriously, add whatever stabilizer you're going to add, and then just whip it 'til it's the right thickness. The stabilizer you've added will do the work from there.

Very informative. Thanks, Becky! Now if only my pea brain can retain this knowledge...

It worked perfectly. Now to pack it up and schlep the trifle 125 miles.

Here it is .. Pumpkin Cream/Date-Nut Bread Trifle. Not as pretty as some would prepare it .. but it'll do just fine!

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 448
It's beautiful Dave!
I couldn't see the picture on FB so I'm glad you posted it here!

Thanks, Gracie. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your's.

Lovely, Dave!

The Spice Turn About bag holds it quite nicely!

I don't know what you mean - not as pretty. I think it's beautiful!

I used my spice turn about bag yesterday to carry my trifle, it was perfect!

magentablue said:
I used my spice turn about bag yesterday to carry my trifle, it was perfect!

I had to borrow a small cooler. Had to schlep nearly 200 miles to the festivities and with the whipped cream, I decided I needed to ice the trifle down. I put the trifle bowl in a plastic garbage back and surrounded it with 7 pounds of ice chips. Trifle arrived perfect and those 15 cups of dessert were gobbled (no pun-implied) down leaving perfectly beautiful pumpkin chocolate pies missing only one piece, each.

Yay for trifle. :)

Stay well everybody!

D

RMDave said:
Trifle arrived perfect and those 15 cups of dessert were gobbled (no pun-implied) down leaving perfectly beautiful pumpkin chocolate pies missing only one piece, each.

That's awesome! Case in point - I made 5 from scratch (nothing canned, frozen, or prepackaged) Pumpkin Pies and they were all gone after the day - with 4 other pies left UNEATEN that were made from canned filling and frozen crust. MMMM nothing says LOVE like homemade!:chef:

What is the best way to make whipped cream?

The best way to make whipped cream is by using a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat heavy cream until it reaches stiff peaks. You can also use a whisk, but it will take longer and require more effort.

Can I use regular milk instead of heavy cream to make whipped cream?

No, regular milk does not have enough fat content to create whipped cream. Heavy cream, with its high fat content, is necessary for the cream to thicken and hold its shape when whipped.

How long can whipped cream be stored?

Homemade whipped cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. It is best to use it immediately, as it will start to lose its volume and texture over time.

Can I add flavors to whipped cream?

Yes, you can add flavors such as vanilla extract, cocoa powder, or fruit puree to whipped cream to enhance its taste. Make sure to add the flavoring towards the end of the whipping process and mix it in gently.

Is it possible to make whipped cream without a mixer?

Yes, you can make whipped cream without a mixer by using a whisk and beating the cream vigorously until it reaches stiff peaks. This method will take longer and require more effort compared to using a mixer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • RMDave