• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Apple With the Microwave Chip Maker

In summary, the Microwave Chip Maker can be used with a variety of apples, including Granny Smith, McIntosh, Honeycrisp, and Gala. It is recommended to use firmer apples for better results. The apples do not need to be peeled before using the chip maker, as the skin adds nutrients and flavor. Other firm fruits and vegetables such as pears, sweet potatoes, and beets can also be used with the chip maker, but cooking time may vary. The chip maker is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for best results. It is not recommended to use the chip maker in a regular oven as it may cause damage.
Jennie50
Have you found an apple that works well with the Microwave Chip Maker? I've tried Granny Smith, and they never "chipped up"...I know that apple chips are typically chewier, but these were REALLY chewy. Gonna try Honeycrisp, but does anyone else have experience to share?

Also, do you peel the apples or not? Season with anything?

Try Gala apples :)

Johnagold's didn't get chippy at all :)

ShelbyMichalek said:
Try Gala apples :)

Have you tried 'em? Do they get chippy?

No, but most dried apples are Galas :)

ShelbyMichalek said:
No, but most dried apples are Galas :)

Aaahhh...smart girl! :)

So, after further microwaving both the Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples in 30 sec intervals, they did eventually become somewhat chippy, but it took forever! I'll definitely give the Galas a try.

LOL! I just know apples. We have loads of apple orchards around here. When we first moved here I did a bit of research on apples. Also, I'm pretty much the queen of pie - it's important I know about fruit.

What types of apples can I use with the Microwave Chip Maker?

The Microwave Chip Maker can be used with a variety of apples, including Granny Smith, McIntosh, Honeycrisp, and Gala. However, we recommend using firmer apples as they will yield better results.

Do I need to peel the apples before using the Microwave Chip Maker?

No, you do not need to peel the apples before using the Microwave Chip Maker. The skin of the apple adds extra nutrients and flavor to the chips. Simply wash and core the apples before slicing them with the chip maker.

Can I use the Microwave Chip Maker to make chips with other fruits or vegetables?

Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker can be used with other firm fruits and vegetables such as pears, sweet potatoes, and beets. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness and moisture content of the produce.

How do I clean the Microwave Chip Maker?

The Microwave Chip Maker is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water for best results. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away.

Can I use the Microwave Chip Maker in a regular oven?

No, the Microwave Chip Maker is specifically designed for use in the microwave. Using it in a regular oven may cause damage to the product and is not recommended.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • DebPC