• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Prefer for a Wedding Gift - Cash or a Savings Bond?

In summary, the people responded that they voted for cash because it would be more useful now, and a savings bond is not a good investment.
susanr613
Gold Member
I'm invited to my friend's daughter's wedding at the end of the month. I am torn between a check (can use right now) and a savings bond. I thought the savings bond would be a fun idea, because so many people put them away and discover them years later - it could trigger some nice memories down the road.

Then again, cash might be more useful now for a young couple.

What do you think?

Cash for sure. Savings bonds are not very good investments and we always cash ours out as soon as we can.

cash . If they want to invest, it gives them the option to choose where/how.

Cash. We actually ended up using some of the cash we received the night of the wedding because we didn't plan well enough :D We were VERY thankful!

I'm for the cash also!

I vote cash, too. :)

CASH. While DH and I were planning our wedding, we spent every last dime we had on it, had NO extra money at all left over. We had reserved a week at the Poconos for a honeymoon, but it was DEPENDENT on how much money we got for our wedding! We spent our wedding night going through all the envelopes and counting the cash we had! SO THANKFUL that our guests were so very generous that we were able to take our wonderful honeymoon...good thing too, I had my dd 9 mo after that and we haven't been on a trip alone since then! LOL

Okay...cash is nice, but a savings bond is a nice way to start just that...savings...

You could do a cute note about putting something way for a get away to stave off the seven year itch (I think they're redeemable after 7 years...but I'm not sure)...I think it's a good idea...

As far as whether or not they're a good investment, I don't know. I'm not commenting on that, just the idea.

Cash for me, but either would be nice:)!

Cash - when we got married it really helped with the honeymoon expenses and getting settled.

OK, cash it is! Thanks so much for the responses.

ChefSteph07 - that must have been one FUN honeymoon - DD arrived 9 months later - tee hee hee

susanr613 said:
OK, cash it is! Thanks so much for the responses.

ChefSteph07 - that must have been one FUN honeymoon - DD arrived 9 months later - tee hee hee

Yeah, well, you know...*snickers*

I vote for a pampered chef gift certificate.

What Would You Prefer for a Wedding Gift - Cash or a Savings Bond?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that choosing the perfect wedding gift can be a difficult decision. To help you make the best choice, here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about whether to give cash or a savings bond as a wedding gift.

1. Is it rude to give cash as a wedding gift?

No, it is not rude to give cash as a wedding gift. In fact, many couples prefer receiving cash as it allows them to use the money towards something they truly want or need. It is also a practical and convenient gift for both the giver and the receiver.

2. What are the benefits of giving a savings bond as a wedding gift?

Savings bonds are a thoughtful and long-lasting gift that can help the newlywed couple save for their future together. They also hold sentimental value and can serve as a reminder of the special day.

3. How much should I give if I choose to give cash as a wedding gift?

There is no set amount for giving cash as a wedding gift. It ultimately depends on your budget, relationship with the couple, and the local wedding customs. As a general rule, it is recommended to give an amount that covers the cost of your plate at the wedding.

4. Are savings bonds a good investment for a wedding gift?

Savings bonds can be a good investment for a wedding gift as they typically have a fixed interest rate and are backed by the government. However, it is important to consider the couple's financial goals and whether a savings bond aligns with them.

5. Can I give both cash and a savings bond as a wedding gift?

Yes, you can give both cash and a savings bond as a wedding gift. This allows the couple to have some immediate funds to use and also a long-term investment for their future. Just make sure to present them in a thoughtful and creative way to make the gift more meaningful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
straitfan
Replies
Views
pampered1224