• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With the Old Products...

give stuff to the food pantries or soup kitchens.Somethings I still like and can use in my own kitchen but there are somethings I don't need two of...I like having one in my kit (new style) and pull the old one out and put it in my kitchen.Same with me
mandak
I am just curious what everyone does with their "old" prodcuts when they are redesigned and you recieve the new one? Somethings I still like and can use in my own kitchen but there are somethings I don't need two of...

I like having one in my kit (new style) and pull the old one out and put it in my kitchen.

Same with meWhatever it is that is not in the caddy anymore goes into my kitchen. Makes it easier to pack up.

I put them in a box for my daughter (20) who should be moving out soon. She'll have the best equipped kitchen of any 20 year old I know.

Evelynt said:
I put them in a box for my daughter (20) who should be moving out soon. She'll have the best equipped kitchen of any 20 year old I know.

Awsome idea, my sister did this for me before I moved out and I didn't realize how great it was until I did move out and didn't have to buy anything:)

cmdtrgd said:
I like having one in my kit (new style) and pull the old one out and put it in my kitchen.

That's what I do.

same here...my 17 year old has a huge trunk full already!!!! so many restyled products and cookware!!!!!
Before I thought of saving them for her, I was passing things to my 3 nephews who lived together in a house at the college campus...now that 2 have graduated they argued who got to take what...they are sooo funny to see guys fighting over PC tools..they won't use anything else!

When they redesigned the Adj. Scoop a couple years ago, I now keep the old one in my flour container...it's always handy! So now...that they redesigned it AGAIN...I'll have one for my sugar container!! :)

I give 'em away to my little sisters or my mom or my aunts. I want them to LOVE PC!

Yeah my old stuff went in my kitchen. Oh the measuring spoons...are they still selling those..or did the scoops replace???

Jilleysue said:
Yeah my old stuff went in my kitchen. Oh the measuring spoons...are they still selling those..or did the scoops replace???

They are still selling those. They are on the same page and in the same photo in the catalog.

I took the old stuff out of my kit and put it in my kitchen.... but this is the first full year of pc for me.. so I am constantly packing and unpacking my kit becasue I use all the stuff in my kitchen...... instead of buying two... BUT I think that as something retires I will start a box for my 5 year old when she moves out she will have the best equiped kitchen ..... courtsy of PC..... I love it!!

I finally have two of a few products so I can keep some packed, and I am so getting addicted to not having to clear out my drawers to pack for a show!!

Evelynt said:

That is awesome! I think I will begin doing that for my "little" sister (17yrs) She would need stuff! All of my old stuff now is used in my kitchen.

I use all my stuff in my kitchen and have no idea what to do with the older stuff. My children are so young still so I'm going to have to think on what to do with my retired products!

Great Thread, Thanks! You must've been reading my mind!;)

I just can't figure what to do with my old (but brand new) cookware from Le Gourmet Chef...it is really nice, you can bake in the oven with it, etc... I really feel the need to figure a place for this set so that I can buy the PC cookware... I paid over $100 for it..and I don't want to just pack it away. I am only 23, so my kitchen is VERY impressive for my age...I didn't want to spend money on cheap junk every year....instead, I did it right the first time ;) ...minus that darn cookware:(Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Jennifer- eBay? Not for the PC stuff, but you could sell your other set there. I'd suggest a garage sale, but peopleare usually looking for super bargains and you wouldn't get back anywhere near what you paid for it.

I have been giving my old versions of redesigned stuff to my crazy anorexic aunt who loves to cook but refuses to eat any of it - LOL She just moved and when we packed up her place I was amazed at the cr*p she had for cooking tools...

Church kitchens are always a wonderful place to donate good kitchen tools and supplies. Usually they are saddled with really bad cast offs... I know you wouldn't recoup your money that way but when we work with our youth.. I would LOVE to have something better than the junk that is in ours!

When I got the Exec Cookware, I sold our All Clad on craigslist. It was a nice way to get some cash. :)

I would hate to ship the darn set, but I guess on eBay people are willing to pay for it! I might try that..and if it doesn't work I will probably donate it to our church kitchen, house fire victims, or maybe even flood victims in our local area (some still aren't back on their feet yet) ....Thanks everyone :) ...I am going to do it, as long as my tax return is decent!

I think I am going to go through mine and make a list of the things that have not been used or barely used and post them on here and see if anyone wants to buy them. I may as well make a little money off the things laying around my house. If I use them in my kitchen I will keep them.

I have sold a few to friends that I knew had been wanting them at half price. Like I sold my USG after I got use to the UM.

I also thought of sending an email out to my contacts offerin to let them purchase the products.

I donate to the local women's shelter, they appreciate it so much

If the discontinued items are not anything that I am going to use in my kitchen, I offer them at a deeply discounted amount at a going going gone show. Or, I have had a taste testing show and then do Deal or no deal with gift bags, gift boxes or wrapped presents for earning points on completing a questionaire about the recipes. They also earn points for rsvping, attending, bringing someone, booking a show and the highest point person picks first, then the second and so on. After all people who attend have an item they open it and the one with the most can steal it and give the item they picked to them. The person with the most points is out then and no one can steal their item.
I make a list of items I am giving away and write it off as a business expense. I don't want them or won't use them and people love getting something for coming.

When we bought our house, the stove and dishwasher had been replaced less than a year prior, but since we were gutting it, nothing would have matched or fit what we were going to do. So....we asked a good friend of ours who knew alot of people in our new town if there was anyone he knew who could benefit from these. He (a contractor) knew of a family with a few small children in a town nearby whose stove quit a few months prior and were using a little burner element to cook(in the winter!) until they could afford a new one. He asked them and they were so excited (which is alot because they are a very private and prideful family according to him). He brought his truck and my husband and he delivered it to them right away. A few days later I received a beautiful letter thanking us and let me tell you I felt so much better than trying to sell it on my own. Lesson: whenever I hear of someone's hardship/need I will help out somehow and that is what I have been doing with some of my retired PC items that I no longer need (stockpiling them in a box for someone!).

What can I do with my old Pampered Chef products?

1. Can I recycle my old Pampered Chef products?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products are made from recyclable materials and can be recycled through your local recycling program.

2. Can I donate my old Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! You can donate your old products to a local charity or thrift store.

3. Can I return my old Pampered Chef products?

Unfortunately, we do not offer a return program for old products. However, you can donate or recycle them.

4. Can I repurpose my old Pampered Chef products?

Yes, many of our customers have found creative ways to repurpose old products, such as using a baking stone as a serving tray.

5. Can I trade in my old Pampered Chef products for new ones?

No, we do not have a trade-in program for old products. However, you can take advantage of our promotions and sales to upgrade your kitchen tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Jennifer Wallace
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies