• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Cooked Brown Rice

In summary, the conversation discussed various ways to use up leftover brown rice, including making fried rice, a vegetable brown rice salad, rice balls, and using it as a side dish with sauteed vegetables and chicken broth. Other suggestions included using it in soups, chili, and stir-fries. Some individuals also mentioned adding vegetables and cheese to the rice or making rice pudding with it.
susanr613
Gold Member
In order to use up some chicken broth in the fridge, I cooked a batch of brown rice...and am looking for some creative ideas on what do do with it other than serve as a plain side.

Thanks in advance!

Do, not do-do!

Make Fried Rice!

VEGETABLE FRIED RICE

NGREDIENTS

* 3 cups water
* 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking brown rice
* 2 tablespoons peanut oil
* 1 small yellow onion, chopped
* 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 3 green onions, thinly sliced
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 (8 ounce) can baby peas, drained
* 2 teaspoons sesame oil
* 1/4 cup roasted peanuts

DIRECTIONS

1. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper, garlic and pepper flakes, to taste. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high and stir in cooked rice, green onions and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add peas and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Add sesame oil and mix well. Garnish with peanuts, if desired.

Here is a recipe that I've been meaning to try, but haven't yet - it looks good to me though. We love brown rice at our house!

AMAZING BROWN RICE SALAD

INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups water
* 1 cup brown rice
* 1/4 cup diced red onion
* 1/2 cup diced celery
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
* 1 tablespoon sugar

DIRECTIONS

1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, or until done.
2. Transfer rice to a serving bowl, and stir in onion, celery, cranberries, salad dressing and sugar. Cover, refrigerate, and serve cold.

I add any extra rice to soups, chili, salads. You could also make rice balls...yum...I love an Italian Rice Ball....breaded, topped with Marinara sauce and mozzerella cheese.............so delish!

Oh - and our favorite way to eat it as a simple side is to cook it chicken broth, just like you did - and then saute it with some chopped onion, mushrooms, and crushed garlic. My 4 yr old loves it this way!

mmm, that sounds good.I recently started serving brown rice at home. I was apprehensive about it because DH can be pretty picky. But he mentioned that he liked the texture and the nutty flavor. And the birds like it, too. :) But we just usually eat it plain as a side dish with a sauced entree (like General Tso's Chicken).

You could also stir fry some fresh veggies and kilbosa and use the rice with that. Also, I second the fried rice yum.

I like to add some veggies and some low fat cheddar cheese. Guess that could be a side, however.

Or you could add some sauteed onion, garlic and parsley for colore

You are asking the wrong person. I hate rice. Traumatized at a young age and can't stand the stuff.

But better the brown rice than the white. Maybe rice pudding? Which, to me, sounds horrible, but some folks might like it.

1. What is the best way to reheat cooked brown rice?

The easiest and most effective way to reheat cooked brown rice is in the microwave. Simply place the rice in a microwave-safe dish, add a tablespoon of water, cover it, and heat on high for 1-2 minutes. You can also reheat the rice on the stovetop by adding a small amount of water or broth and stirring until heated through.

2. Can I freeze cooked brown rice?

Yes, you can freeze cooked brown rice for future use. Allow the rice to cool completely, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container or bag. Be sure to label it with the date and use it within 3-4 months for best quality. To reheat, simply thaw it in the fridge overnight and follow the same reheating instructions as above.

3. How long does cooked brown rice last in the fridge?

Cooked brown rice will last for 4-6 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container. Be sure to let it cool completely before storing it in the fridge. To extend its shelf life, you can also freeze it for later use.

4. Can I use cooked brown rice in cold salads?

Yes, you can definitely use cooked brown rice in cold salads. It adds a nice nutty flavor and texture to salads. Just be sure to let the rice cool completely before adding it to the salad. You can also use leftover rice to make a delicious rice and veggie bowl.

5. What are some creative ways to use leftover cooked brown rice?

Aside from using leftover cooked brown rice in salads and rice bowls, you can also use it to make fried rice, stuff bell peppers, make veggie burgers, or add it to soups and stews for extra heartiness. You can also use it as a substitute for oats in breakfast porridge or blend it into smoothies for added protein and fiber.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cakepampered
Replies