• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do for Shower With No Games

In summary, the bride's mom is trying to come up with something different for her daughter's wedding shower than the usual games and activities. She has found a funny way to entertain the guests and still keep the focus on the bride.
pamperedchef.carol
The bride's mom does not care for shower games and does not really want any at her daughter's wedding shower this Saturday. She said her daughter really likes to cook and thought she'd enjoy doing the demo with me. We are doing the Mediterranean Patio Pizza with a whole wheat crust. The bride's mom has also requested a "healthy, low-carb, low-sugar" theme.

Since this is my first wedding shower, I don't have all the wedding decoration stuff I've heard mentioned. (We're in the process of moving out-of-state, so all my decorations and flowers are packed and in storage 12 hours away.) I've already paid for the fancy invitations, so I really can't give the bride a cute little gift.
What can I do to make the show more "bridal" than a regualr show? I really want the bride to feel special without doing the games or spending lots of time on "props". I plan to have the guests introduce themselves by give the bride a bit of marital cooking advice. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here is something I like to do at showers. It is very funny- I have attached it. It is not a game, just contrasting weddings from the 50's and now.

Attachments

• pampered bride outline.doc
    37 KB · Views: 620
Give the bride a "boquet" of tools that you can afford, or one made from tools from her wish list. Use the pictures on cards for the registry. Make sure the guests bring the recipe card. Have each guest give the bride one tip for married life - the one I remember from my shower was to always wash jeans in a separate load. Once I started doing that, my jeans came out cleaner and softer and the rest of my clothes last longer!!! Have the guests tell something about their wedding or shower that they loved and something that they wish they could go back and change. You really don't need to change the format of your show too much, just sprinkle in a few items that make the guests remember that they are at a shower. Also, let the guests know that they can purchase products for the bride or put money towards the bride's order. You might even want to offer an incentive that you will give the bride a $5 gift certificate for each booking and $10 more when the booking is held in the next 6 months. You could even talk about the bride starting a new life and a new business at the same time. HTH

mrssyvo said:
Here is something I like to do at showers. It is very funny- I have attached it. It is not a game, just contrasting weddings from the 50's and now.

I have to say I used most of this at the bridal shower I did, and the 1950's bride thing they LOVED! I think my director or someone forwarded it to me when I first started.

I also used I think one of each of the tools off the supply orders and made a boquet with a few fake flowers in it also, it turned out really cute I think, if I would have brought my camera I would have taken a quick pic of it since I just made it up right after I got there :( I used some silver ribbon to wrap the stems and handles for the handle part, and I had put the cake tester in it and used one of the brown scrapers to put in it like it was a card in a card holder. (does that make sense?) It went over really well. My director also had told me to get a small bit of veil fabric or something and say you are going to do her hair for the wedding and use a twixit to clip the 'veil' into her hair, and the boquet since she still hadn't ordered her flowers, you were doing those also.

Thanks for posting the 50's thing. That is so cute. I also love the idea if the twixit clip holding the viel on. Medium size or small clip??

I have only done one shower so far, but I would say it was a definite success. I did have the bride stand up with me and do the actual cooking and she really enjoyed it.

Before the shower, I bought a nice recipe box and a package of index cards that would fit in the box. I wrote cooking tips and quick recipe tips on the cards (I just tried to make sure there would be enough cards for each of the guests so I gues I probably did about 20-25 just to be safe). Anyway, at the beginning of the demo I handed everyone a card and had them introduce themselves and read their card to everyone. At the end, they all put the cards in the recipe box and that was my "gift" to the bride.

Also, we went around the room and everyone told what was the very first meal they made for their husband after they got married. (I told mine, too - Hamburger Helper:p ) It was great to hear the stories of some of the older ones in the group.

Hope these ideas help.

I like the idea about the quick tips in the recipe box.

I had planned to do the 50's thing in a similar fashion. I was going to cut apart strips of paper with the 50's adivce and with the "finish-the-sentence" (With inlaws, always...) advice on them. I was going to have the guests pull a paper out of the mixing bowl any time someone said a key word or something. I think I can combine the two ideas and make it work really well.

Thanks!!

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks for posting the 50's thing. That is so cute. I also love the idea if the twixit clip holding the viel on. Medium size or small clip??

I didn't end up doing it for this bride, she had very short hair and it was all done up and I didn't want to mess it up, but I guess it would all depend on how thick and long her hair was and how big a piece of fabric you have for the veil.

Thanks for the outline. Great stuff in here. I have used this one several time.

1. What can I do for a shower without playing games?

There are plenty of alternative activities you can do at a shower without playing games. Consider having a DIY station where guests can make their own bath salts or sugar scrubs. You can also have a cooking demonstration or tasting using Pampered Chef products. Another idea is to have a photo booth with props for guests to take fun pictures.

2. Can I still have prizes without playing games?

Absolutely! You can still have prizes for various activities or raffles throughout the shower. For example, you can have a prize for the best DIY bath salt or for the most creative photo booth picture. You can also have a raffle for guests who purchase Pampered Chef products at the shower.

3. How can I keep guests entertained without games?

Consider having a few interactive activities that don't involve games, such as a memory game where guests have to recall items from a tray or a trivia game about the guest of honor. You can also have a playlist of the guest of honor's favorite songs or a "guess the baby food" game. These activities will keep guests engaged without traditional games.

4. What are some non-game related favors I can give to guests?

There are many options for non-game related favors, such as mini spa or cooking themed gifts. You can also give out personalized recipe cards or a small Pampered Chef product as a thank you for attending the shower. Another idea is to have a candy bar where guests can fill up a bag with their favorite treats to take home.

5. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef into a shower without playing games?

You can incorporate Pampered Chef into a shower in various ways without playing games. Consider having a cooking demonstration or tasting using Pampered Chef products. You can also have a raffle for guests who purchase Pampered Chef products at the shower. Another idea is to create a gift basket with Pampered Chef products as a prize for one of the shower activities. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for guests who purchase Pampered Chef products at the shower.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jody
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • babywings76