• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Price Should Outlet Items Be When Sold at a Vendor Event

In summary, the price of outlet items at a vendor event is determined by the original retail price, condition, demand, pricing strategy, and market conditions. The discount on outlet items can vary, but they are typically priced lower than their original retail price. Outlet items are not necessarily of lower quality and may have minor imperfections. Negotiating the price of outlet items is not common, but it never hurts to ask. The return policy for outlet items at a vendor event depends on the vendor, so it is best to clarify before purchasing.
Liz P
I am hosting a vendor event and stocked up on some items to sell. Some of my inventory came from the outlet. Do I sell those items for the outlet price?

Liz P said:
I am hosting a vendor event and stocked up on some items to sell. Some of my inventory came from the outlet. Do I sell those items for the outlet price?
I know you've probably already done your event, but I would sell them for the outlet price + tax and no shipping. I don't normally have a lot of cash and carry partly because they aren't warranted and partly because that would be a lot of inventory. I do like to have some simply because it can drum up interested at your table. I would much rather take orders for the bigger things and once I can draw someone in with the smaller items, I can often talk them into booking a party.

Good advice Liz

1. What factors determine the price of outlet items at a vendor event?

The price of outlet items at a vendor event is determined by several factors, including the original retail price of the item, the condition of the item, and the demand for the item. Additionally, the pricing strategy of the vendor and the overall market conditions can also play a role in setting the price.

2. How much of a discount can I expect on outlet items at a vendor event?

The discount on outlet items at a vendor event can vary depending on the factors mentioned above. Generally, outlet items are priced at a discounted rate compared to their original retail price, but the exact percentage of the discount may vary. It is always a good idea to check with the vendor or event organizer for specific pricing information.

3. Are outlet items at a vendor event of lower quality compared to regular retail items?

No, outlet items at a vendor event are not necessarily of lower quality. They may be items that were previously used as display or demonstration items, or they may have minor imperfections that do not affect their functionality. However, it is always best to inspect the item before purchasing to ensure it meets your standards.

4. Can I negotiate the price of outlet items at a vendor event?

In most cases, no. Outlet items at a vendor event are typically priced to sell and may already be discounted. However, if you are purchasing multiple items or are a loyal customer, you may be able to negotiate a better price with the vendor. It never hurts to ask, but be respectful and understanding if the vendor is unable to negotiate.

5. Are outlet items at a vendor event returnable?

It depends on the vendor's return policy. Some may offer returns or exchanges on outlet items, while others may have a no-return policy. It is best to clarify the vendor's return policy before making a purchase. Additionally, be sure to thoroughly inspect the item before purchasing to avoid any issues with returns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • LaLaTheBaker
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Deborah Helser
Replies