• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Least Favorite Pampered Chef Product?

much easier!I forgot about the ice cream sandwich maker....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:I'm not so crazy about the Deluxe Cheese Grater....Just about all the cheese get's stuck....yeah, I know about the microwave trick.....give me my box grater any ole day! I also don't care for the veggie peeler, silicone oven mitt, or the tea. Everything else I pretty much love!What's the microwave trick?Nuke your cheese for about 5 seconds before putting it in the cheese grater - it releases the oils and makes the grating...much easier!
BethCooks4U said:
Why did they choose avocado (I mean artichoke) to make the broducts in? Why not the lilac - it is actually pretty.

And the "fun" knives scare me! They look like plastic almost like toys. Someone is going to get hurt not thinking they are real knives.

That will be my mission this yet - to teach everyone that they are KNIVES = sharp. BTW: I did use the santoku this weekend and it did cut nicely but things did stick to the blade a lot.
I am not sure about those green knives either! The handle I can understand but the whole blade? :confused: And my worry is the paint will chip from the blade!

Beth is right... I told my customers that they usually color one scraper each spring and I have a ton of ladies that want a colored skinny scraper. I am really glad I said USUALLY now!

I really like the knives. I think they are fun, and I use them a lot more because sometimes the santoku or utility just feel like overkill. I sliced up a ton of grapes for my kids this morning with the tomato knife and had a ball!

gilliandanielle said:
Beth is right... I told my customers that they usually color one scraper each spring and I have a ton of ladies that want a colored skinny scraper. I am really glad I said USUALLY now!

I really like the knives. I think they are fun, and I use them a lot more because sometimes the santoku or utility just feel like overkill. I sliced up a ton of grapes for my kids this morning with the tomato knife and had a ball!
So I guess it IS a "FUN" knife! :)

Somedays I like the cheese grater and other days I don't. I guess it all depends on what I am using it for. When I first got it my DH used velvetta cheese and told me that it didn't work, I told him it was because of the person who was running it.

ChefLauraW said:
I will be prepared for the tomato onslaught that is coming but.... I don't like the Mandoline. I didn't like the US&G either, so maybe it's just me. ;)

I am still afraid of the Mandoline - I cut myself pretty bad before I was a consultant on the US&G. So I don't like it either - never demo it.

Julieanne peeler - I can never get those things to work! And now we have TWO different ones?!?!

Outdoor party plates - I think they are more of a hassle than they are worth. And now glorified plasticware? I did sell a lot of them, but I don't like them!

Joanne

I do not like the artichoke colored knives. Not the actual knife, just the color.

Hmm, I dig the cheese grater, found out to hardly squeeze for soft cheese and now it's fine. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the kitchen spritzer with my tree-huggerness. Um...I think I'm going to have to go with the tea as my least favorite. It's too fruity for me.

chefmelody said:
I still love the silicone oven mitts though. I don't like this new one at all... it feels too stiff, and I don't think I could grip anything with it well. The silicone ones felt nice and soft, and I can actually grab things without being afraid of dropping them.

Wash your oven mitts, people! I'm serious! All I've read on here is it's too long in the fingers, too stiff, blah blah blah. When you wash it, it will shrink and soften up.

I am surprised that they didn't release a colored scraper like they have the past few springs. Wouldn't a lilac scraper be georgous??

Maybe it was because they are offering a pink scraper for the HWC product line. Don't know but just a guess. But I agree, a lilac one would be much better than the greens from last year. Valky

I have to stick up for the new knives! I am in LOVE!! Don't throw anything at me, but I think I like them better than my forged knives! Yes, I said it! I feel like most of my food isn't worth getting the big daddy santoku knife, but the fun little santoku is really easy and convenient! I think if you don't give these knives enough credit you are really missing out!

gilliandanielle said:
I have to stick up for the new knives! I am in LOVE!! Don't throw anything at me, but I think I like them better than my forged knives! Yes, I said it! I feel like most of my food isn't worth getting the big daddy santoku knife, but the fun little santoku is really easy and convenient! I think if you don't give these knives enough credit you are really missing out!

I'm with you Gillian! My little Santoku is the only knife I have been using since I got it! It is just the right size for most jobs I do, and it's very sharp! For years I have used a small chef's knife from Whustof, and this knife is the only one from PC that could take it's place! Ignore the color, and just use it - I guarentee you will fall in love! Last season I was so sceptical about the mix n masher, until I used it and fell in love with it - I think the green mini Santoku is the surprise favorite for me this season!

I've used mine a few times now, and I like it for small, quick jobs. Still like my forged stuff for bigger jobs, though. I'm a bit concerned, though, about how well the color will stay.

My least fav s/s07 PC product is the new handled tools (veggie peeler, zester scorer, core & more, v-shaped cutter) I think they are too expensive. They might work great, but these were always items people just added without thinking of the cost because it was so low, but now I think they will think twice before adding one or two to their order....Those items were like the items in the checkout lane that you just grab without really thinking....
and I don't think the changes they made to them will be something people will see as an improvement..worth the price!

I like the colored Knives i think they will be big sellers beacuse of the price !
The dots are awful ! Painted on crooked and just really cheap looking !
The new kitchen shears are awful... the old one are soooo much better.
I do like the new salad chopper that is cool ! I like the trifle bowl... just the price is a bit much though

I use my cheese grater (if you are referring to the cylindrical one with the handle) for chocolate chips or baking chocolate to put over desserts or pies. It works great for a quick/neat added touch! The grater works best for me over the years if you have the right barrel in first (if you go too small it can mush the cheese inside). Also, it works with medium cheeses... For softer cheeses, I usually just cut, for hardest, the microplane. But, truly, I use it for other things 90% of the time.

Check out the price of the Southern Living Trifle Bowl...Costs more than ours...and the base doesn't come apart for easy storing...and the lid is purely decorative...not for storage, or transporting...or versatality.

I just got my sample order today! Salad chopper, Torte pans, strainer, and Jerk rub...(a second one cause it's so cheap, and we liked it!)
Those Salad Choppers are serious!! I agree with the post about Loraina Bobbet!! OUch! But they are safe...i like them! I'll have to play around with them...When they are called "Salad Choppers" I tend to think inside the box...I need to figure out what else to do with them...

The torte pans will be wonderful !! I have the old ones... and hated to see them go..so I got these, now I'll have to sell my old ones in a yard sale! They are great for making two cakes,,, taking one to a show, and using the other case base for another show! PERFECT!!

Here is how I use the Hold n' Slice: If I have a recipe that calls for cooked chopped chicken, I have the host purchase boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I place them in one of the micro cookers (depending on the number I need), place the lid on and microwave on high for 4 minutes at a time. Then I flip them with the Bamboo tongs and repeat for another 3 minutes. If I have just a couple medium sized ones, they are usually done after this.
Then I show the guests the chicken. It creates it's own juice and it is moist and tender. I let them know (especially when the hot weather hits) that they don't have to heat their kitchen up this way. Also, if they just want steamed chicken, they can add spices and seasonings to add prior to cooking.
Then I take the hold and slice to hold the hot chicken in place while I cut it into pieces for the recipe. It works very well for this.

I am not a tile fan. I do like the dots however. My favorite colors were the colors for last spring/summer 2006.

One of my consultants said she likes the new handles on the tools because she has early arthritis. I especially mention carpel tunnel syndrom or arthritis with the jar opener and the easy opener. I love the easy opener and I let a guest demo it at parties. Of course I always ask who hates opening jars? When I do this, I am guarenteed a sale of no less than 2 or three. I end with mentioning the price...it does all of this for just $3.75...that's it!! (which reminds me I must check the price!!)

I use higher priced items as booking tools. Once in a while you will find someone that will just pay full price! Rare but it happens. For the quality and the guarentee that our products have...I think our products are reasonably priced. If you want cheap tools that break... buy them at the department stores and be saving up for the next one you will need to buy in no more than a year. And...think of the money people will spend on scrapbooking, candles and jewelry to name a few. It is all in what people like. I personally don't scrapbook (I have enough trouble trying to keep papers under control...right now the paper is winning!:eek: ) I have so many candles that I throw out one when I receive a new one. Jewelry? I will buy mine cheap or on sale jewelry because if I do remember to wear it, I am likely to end up losing some of it!!! But put me in a kitchen without good tools and I am not a happy camper. It takes so much longer!

I didn't like the Cookie Press for the longest time but then I learned more tips on how to use it. Whatever you don't like about a product, learn more about it and learn what others like about it. I don't personally like the tiles, but if a host raves about them, I do add...aren't they pretty and look at all the other dishes they go well with! I don't have to like them...just as long as the customers do!! I am looking forward to the Salad Spinner. I think that will be such a hit!:rolleyes:
Ann

Wow...I use the Hold-n-Slice and the cheese grater often!
The hold-n-slice I use for tomatoes and I slice between the prongs...it helps me to cut the tomatoes in evenly and in a straight line.
I use parmesan cheese in my grater all the time for my italian dishes...I don't every buy pre-grated cheese anymore, ever since my director gave us the following tip: the 'cheese people' put silicone in the bags to keep the grated pieces from sticking together. It is a great selling point and whenever I mention it at my shows I usually sell at least one.

My mother-in-law can't stop talking about the silicone oven mitt--she loves it--so I'm shocked to hear that it doesn't work for you!

My least favorite PC product is the cut-n-seal. It is so flimsy and I never recommend it.

I love my ice cream dipper and smooth edge can opener!

TwinGirlsMom said:
I use parmesan cheese in my grater all the time for my italian dishes...I don't every buy pre-grated cheese anymore, ever since my director gave us the following tip: the 'cheese people' put silicone in the bags to keep the grated pieces from sticking together. It is a great selling point and whenever I mention it at my shows I usually sell at least one.
It's not silicone, it's cellulose, which is plant fiber. Same as you'd get from eating veggies.

I really don't like the deluxe cheese grater. Everyone says how great they are but I always have clumps of cheese in it. YUK!!!

I think my least fav is one of the new ones.....the decorator stensils. I will so never use those.

chefann said:
It's not silicone, it's cellulose, which is plant fiber. Same as you'd get from eating veggies.
Thanks for saying that Ann! I have heard that so many times.....it is in the category of urban myth!!!

My napkins tiles are collecting dust to use for a special occasion since they are so expensive. My thought they are still in the catalog because they haven't sold any and might as well keep them in there till some sell. They may need to offer them to host for free just to get rid of them. Or to those who book to use at their show, I won't pay for them!

dianevill said:
I think the stencils, old and new, are well....worthless.

Diane
I use the stencils when I make a cappucino. I sprinkle cinanmin into a heart shape or one of the other shapes. LOL

Okay, oven mitt people. I finally got my new oven mitt washed and dried. (It took forever to dry, BTW.) Yes, it fits my hand better. Yes, it's a bit softer. No, I still don't like it. I think it's bulky and akward. I will love my silicone oven mitts til the day I die! :D

raebates said:
Okay, oven mitt people. I finally got my new oven mitt washed and dried. (It took forever to dry, BTW.) Yes, it fits my hand better. Yes, it's a bit softer. No, I still don't like it. I think it's bulky and akward. I will love my silicone oven mitts til the day I die! :D

I wonder if drying it in the machine would help shrink it more? I know the old ones were not supposed to be machine dried... but hmmm i don't know how just washing it would make it shrink enough to fit...it is SOOO big!
Did you watch the new product DVD? When they showed the mitt, it was obviously too big!

I don't like the cookie press. No matter what I try (different recipes, temp, etc.) it doesn't ever work pass the first time. Someone did tell me to use it on regular cookie sheet not stones. Do I have any regular cookie sheets???

ChefNic said:
I wonder if drying it in the machine would help shrink it more? I know the old ones were not supposed to be machine dried... but hmmm i don't know how just washing it would make it shrink enough to fit...it is SOOO big!
Did you watch the new product DVD? When they showed the mitt, it was obviously too big!

I dried mine in the dryer, because I was trying to get it to shrink. It still took forever.

I'm sorry, but I just got my new kitchen shears and maybe there is a probelm with them but when I squeeze them to cut, they don't open back up all the way. Maybe I'll send them back. I think the old ones seem to be better built. Of course, it just may be my pair (the new ones) that just aren't as great! I DO LOVE those salad choppers! What a great idea! I think I'll sell a lot of those! DOn't like the green towels althogh, I think the artichoke santoku is cute! Love those cases that they are in!
I'm not crazy about that cheese grater either!

I don't like the Microplane Grater. It does fine until you get to a smaller piece of cheese and then it slides out from underneath the food-holder and it drives me crazy.

I don't like the wine opener it is so hard to use. I hate when someone asks me about it I won't lie I just say that I don't have it. But I had a customer have me use hers at her show and boy was I embarassed. My husband and I enjoy wine and it I liked it I know I could sell them but yuck. Also the ice cream sandwich maker what a waste.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Don't push so hard! Give the grater a chance to work! Softer cheeses need to either be frozen for awhile or nuked for a few seconds, as others have noted.

BTW - that's the same thing people do with dull knives - they push too hard instead of sharpening the knife and letting the knife do the work...and that's why people cut themselves with DULL knives far more often than not!
Totally agree! I make sure my cheese is really cold. Mozzarella especially!
I love my jar opener, and do sell alot to my 40 and up crowds!
Ice Cream maker is a HUGE hit in my home during the summer! My kids make too much of a mess if they were to 'just put ice cream' in between two cookies!
I can't stand those old kitchen shears.
I have had them for years, and have nothing but problems, can't wait to get the new ones!
The stencils are a little difficult too.

I love my old kitchen shears! I love the way they fit snug in my TTA in the holder and all I have to do is squeeze the handle and they pop out. One Handed. I use them all the time. The new ones are pretty - but they are two handed! Have to use the other hand to take the little cover off! I'll get used to them....

I guess my least favorite is the cheese grater - I had to make myself learn to use it - to microwave the cheese. I rarely use it at shows...and a couple times when the recipe called for grated cheese, when I arrived, the host had already bought grated cheese (even tho I said not too)...oh well!

dianepcc said:
I don't like the wine opener it is so hard to use. I hate when someone asks me about it I won't lie I just say that I don't have it. But I had a customer have me use hers at her show and boy was I embarassed. My husband and I enjoy wine and it I liked it I know I could sell them but yuck. Also the ice cream sandwich maker what a waste.

I LOVE the wine bottle opener...use it all the time. Just put over the top of the bottle and twist...don't stop twisting until the cork is out! It's funny how some people hate the products that others love. It just goes to show you that even though you don't like a product doesn't mean your customers won't!

Cindycooks said:
I love my old kitchen shears! I love the way they fit snug in my TTA in the holder and all I have to do is squeeze the handle and they pop out. One Handed. I use them all the time. The new ones are pretty - but they are two handed! Have to use the other hand to take the little cover off! I'll get used to them....

I guess my least favorite is the cheese grater - I had to make myself learn to use it - to microwave the cheese. I rarely use it at shows...and a couple times when the recipe called for grated cheese, when I arrived, the host had already bought grated cheese (even tho I said not too)...oh well!
My cover didn't make it past the first day, LOL! I figure the little "clip" thing is enough safety for me...

chefann said:

Hmm...I could've sworn my director and I checked a bag label right then and silicone was listed as an ingredient. I don't keep it around here so next time I'm at the grocery store I'll check again.

Well, I was going to say I don't like the cheese grater (for soft cheeses), but I think I was squeezing it too hard. So I'll give it another chance. (I absolutely love it for hard cheeses, especially feta - precrumbled feta is so expensive!! I can buy a block of feta for half the price and grate it - it shreds perfectly, and I can put it on my pizza totally evenly. Plus, my hands don't smell like it. lol )
I don't much like the Cutn Seal, but I've only used it on white bread PB+J - the bread tore pretty badly. With better bread or pastry, it's probably fine.I haven't used them, but I will not even try to sell the Decorator Bottle Set. I hate the whole concept of them. I love decorating cakes, and I can't help but think that those have got to be beyond difficult to clean.

kahluakiggy said:
I haven't used them, but I will not even try to sell the Decorator Bottle Set. I hate the whole concept of them. I love decorating cakes, and I can't help but think that those have got to be beyond difficult to clean.

No, there are very easy to clean!! I have them and use them all the time. I have also sold a ton of them.

Wow...I can't even begin to think how they could be, with all those nooks and crannies where frosting can hide...hmm...Well, maybe I'll try them.In that case, I love everything. lol

kahluakiggy said:
Wow...I can't even begin to think how they could be, with all those nooks and crannies where frosting can hide...hmm...Well, maybe I'll try them.

In that case, I love everything. lol

They also come with a wonderful little brush as well. I've always just run them under hot water and they have come clean:) You should try them, they are cheap as chips and easy to use..

I guess I'm the only consultant in history who hates the chopper. Mine never lasts more than 30-45 days before breaking. Luckily, I can pretend to like it really well-it's a great seller!

Shredded cheese has cellulose, which is wood fiber. So eat up if you need more fiber! haha

I've had the cookie press for over 4 years and have never used it.

I kept the old and new stencils as well as the decorator bottle sets in the box new for give-aways.

I'm so anxious to sell the ground beef breaker-upper thingey. I think that will sell to everyone if I can remember the correct title for it.

I can't believe they aren't selling the digital thermometer anymore. I use mine probaly 3 days a week! Love it!

BTW, feta is a very soft cheese, similar in texture to bleu cheese. Maybe she's thinking of Romano?

Ground beef breaker upper thingey does have a nice ring to it;)

rennea said:
Ground beef breaker upper thingey does have a nice ring to it;)
And then you use the "pampered not perfect" recruiting line, and you're good!

One of the things I use very seldom is the Measure Mix & Pour. I make salad so seldom at my house, and almost never need it for anything else (why have to clean that up just to scramble an egg- I'll use a bowl and a fork!). But I wouldn't say I hate it, just that it doesn't fit my lifestyle.

My DH hates just about all PC stuff. He thinks it takes up too much room, is too hard to use, and too expensive.

chefann said:
My DH hates just about all PC stuff. He thinks it takes up too much room, is too hard to use, and too expensive.
I think he has been at some of my parties disguised as a woman!!! :) :) Does he cook or clean dishes at all? That is how my DB got to like the products. The garlic press is what usually reels in a male customer.
Ann

baychef said:
I think he has been at some of my parties disguised as a woman!!! :) :) Does he cook or clean dishes at all? That is how my DB got to like the products. The garlic press is what usually reels in a male customer.
Ann

That's what's funny. We take turns making dinner, and he's almost always the one who washes dishes. But he hates finding places to put them away. And when I do have a spot, he won't look for it and puts it someplace else, where it doesn't fit!
I can't WAIT to redo my kitchen. I'm going with all Ikea cabinets, and all the lowers (except the sink and the corner) will be drawers instead of doors. Then there'll be places for all my tools.

chefann said:
I can't WAIT to redo my kitchen. I'm going with all Ikea cabinets, and all the lowers (except the sink and the corner) will be drawers instead of doors. Then there'll be places for all my tools.

Ann, you'll love the Ikea cabinets!! We just built our house and our cabinets are Ikea with most of the bottoms being drawers and I love, love, love them!! My kitchen isn't especially large, but with all the organizational stuff they have to offer, all of my tools fit nicely.

kearstin said:
Ann, you'll love the Ikea cabinets!! We just built our house and our cabinets are Ikea with most of the bottoms being drawers and I love, love, love them!! My kitchen isn't especially large, but with all the organizational stuff they have to offer, all of my tools fit nicely.

I've been playing with the planner they have online. So far, it looks like I'll have about $8500 in cabinets, without countertops or appliances. But I'm really putting a LOT of them into the room. (I'm taking out the breakfast nook and filling it with cabinets.) And I'm planning to go with granite counters, SS appliances and a cork or bamboo floor.

Paige Dixon said:
BTW, feta is a very soft cheese, similar in texture to bleu cheese. Maybe she's thinking of Romano?
I guess because the texture is so much different than mozzerella and others, I kind of assumed it was a hard cheese... or maybe I'm just getting bad feta... lol

I LOVE the cheese grater!! Honestly, since I've been microwaving my cheese, I have never had a problem with it sticking.

My least favorite would probably be the zester. I just can't seem to get it to work right for me. My husband, on the other hand, absolutely loves it!

I'll have to say I still HATE the Ultimate Mandoline.....I cannot get it to work....and tomatos never fit into the hole. I just hate that they took an excellent piece (USG) and made it less functional and work worse.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NelsonInTheKitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BarbFlan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • Brenda.the.chef