What is your LEAST favorite PC product?

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by jrstephens, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just wondering what you all do not like or never use.

I do not like the "old" kitchen shears and never use them. We will see about the new ones.

I cannot stand the jar opener! I can open better with my hands or using the Easy Opener to loosen the jar first.

The Jar Opener wins as my least favorite!

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

That's funny - I LOVE the jar opener, but don't like the easy opener...never use it! My least favorite though, and one that I think is totally silly is that little food holder thing...can't remember the name...the one w/ the prongs(looks like a hair pick), and you are supposed to use it to slice an onion or something....oh - and the ice cream sandwich maker, and also the tiles paper napkins!

3. rennea

rennea Gold Member

I love the jar opener as well:) :)

I don't like the hold and slice, it's a pain the the butt.

4. For me, its the kitchen spritzer. I was so excited to get it and now it never works right. I would never show a product that only works correctly PART of the time!

5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

Hold n Slice! That's what it's called! COuldn't remember the name!

6. jenniferknapp

jenniferknapp Gold Member

I have to agree with the hold n' slice and the jar opener! I don't use either at all....waste of drawer space!

7. chefkristin

chefkristin Gold Member

I HATE the silicone oven mitt and I am so happy that it is being discontinued! I have burnt myself on it twice right through the thing. If people try to buy it I tell them NO!!! I don't want my name associated with that.

8. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Gold Member

part of my demo (during mixing) is Dr Phil's How's that working for you spiel. I include bread tubes, silicone oven mitt, hold and slice, cut n seal, grate container, lids to colander and bowls

9. Love the Jar Opener! Hate the Hold & Slice!

So glad the Silicone Mitt is going bye-bye.

Other than that, can't say I have strong feelings about anything else.

10. Ginger428

Ginger428 Gold Member

You forgot the ice cream sandwich maker....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Gold Member

I'm not so crazy about the Deluxe Cheese Grater....Just about all the cheese get's stuck....yeah, I know about the microwave trick.....give me my box grater any ole day! I also don't care for the veggie peeler, silicone oven mitt, or the tea. Everything else I pretty much love!

12. I had forgotten about the hold 'n slice - you can tell how much I use it.

I am not crazy about the vegetable peeler either and am hoping the new one is better.

13. I am so glad to hear that someone else does not like the old kitchen shears. Everybody seems to go on and on about how great they are, but I am truly not impressed. Hopefully I'll like the new ones better.

I would say the ice cream sandwich maker is pretty low on my list - what's the point? I can easily put ice cream between 2 cookies and press.

I like the cheese grater, but I do use my old box grater in my own home. I only use the cheese grater at shows - but I sell a lot of them, so I guess they can't be that bad. I bought the grate container but I have never used it - it seems like it would be a pain to have to constantly remove it and dig the cheese out of the grater.

One of my least favorites is the baker's roller - I've never been able to get it to work like it should. I know you're supposed to put it in the freezer for a minutes first, but I never remember to.

14. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

I hate the polka dot towels. I love the SA pieces but not those towels.

And I hate the "artichoke" colors this spring - I still say that is avocado. The green microfiber towel looks like "celery" color to me and I like that.

I also don't like the colanders. I'm glad they came out with the strainer! Now I don't have to carry the small colander and home no one asks what I think of it.

15. What's the microwave trick?

16. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Gold Member

Nuke your cheese for about 5 seconds before putting it in the cheese grater - it releases the oils and makes the grating easier.

17. Of all the things I own my least favroite is the egg slicer plus. That's only because I just NEVER remember to use it..lol.

18. jenniferknapp

Once you use it a few times, you won't forget!! I saute a lot of veggies...so it is in front of my drawer. Slicing whole mushrooms has never been easier!

19. dianevill

dianevill Gold Member

I think the stencils, old and new, are well....worthless.

Diane

20. Mine still gets stuck even when I do this. I Love it for parmesean cheese, but not cheddar.

21. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Gold Member

mine too....I use the microplane for my parmesan!

22. jenniferknapp

I love fresh parm from the grater when someone else is cleaning it afterwards!! I think I've only used mine once because it was a pain...

23. I just tried the new ones to cut some paper and loved it for that. Have not tried herbs yet. With the olds one mine felt like they were sticking or something and was hard to make them close to cut (does that make sense?).

24. That's so funny because I love my kitchen shears. I use it for just about everything, like chicken wings. I even cut some dowel sticks with it and it is still in perfect condition.

I also like the sandwich maker. I sold so much when it was the guest special because I demo'd it and everyone loved it and they increased their order so they could get it.

I do have to agree with the artichoke color, I'm really not crazy about it.

I also like the cut n seal because it makes really neat turnovers.

I guess if I had to chooose a least favorite it would have to be the stoneware mini-fluted pan. I haven't used it much because it's so hard to clean. and of course the paper napkins are ridiculous.

25. GourmetGirl

GourmetGirl Silver Member

I love the hold 'n slice... probably because I sliced myself twice during my first week of being a consultant with the self-sharpening knife!

I hate the silicone oven mitt and the ice cream sandwich maker, but since the oven mitt is being discontinued I'll go with the ice cream sandwich maker. I agree with everyone else that I can just as easily (easier actually) make an ice cream sandwich without a $12 tool. The dessert plates are a close third though, as they don't match anything and are way overpriced!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.