• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Least Favorite Pampered Chef Product?

much easier!I forgot about the ice cream sandwich maker....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:I'm not so crazy about the Deluxe Cheese Grater....Just about all the cheese get's stuck....yeah, I know about the microwave trick.....give me my box grater any ole day! I also don't care for the veggie peeler, silicone oven mitt, or the tea. Everything else I pretty much love!What's the microwave trick?Nuke your cheese for about 5 seconds before putting it in the cheese grater - it releases the oils and makes the grating...much easier!
jrstephens
Just wondering what you all do not like or never use.

I do not like the "old" kitchen shears and never use them. We will see about the new ones.

I cannot stand the jar opener! I can open better with my hands or using the Easy Opener to loosen the jar first.

The Jar Opener wins as my least favorite!

That's funny - I LOVE the jar opener, but don't like the easy opener...never use it! My least favorite though, and one that I think is totally silly is that little food holder thing...can't remember the name...the one w/ the prongs(looks like a hair pick), and you are supposed to use it to slice an onion or something....oh - and the ice cream sandwich maker, and also the tiles paper napkins!

I love the jar opener as well:) :)

I don't like the hold and slice, it's a pain the the butt.

For me, its the kitchen spritzer. I was so excited to get it and now it never works right. I would never show a product that only works correctly PART of the time!

rennea said:
I love the jar opener as well:) :)

I don't like the hold and slice, it's a pain the the butt.

Hold n Slice! That's what it's called! COuldn't remember the name!

I have to agree with the hold n' slice and the jar opener! I don't use either at all....waste of drawer space!

I HATE the silicone oven mitt and I am so happy that it is being discontinued! I have burnt myself on it twice right through the thing. If people try to buy it I tell them NO!!! I don't want my name associated with that.

part of my demo (during mixing) is Dr Phil's How's that working for you spiel. I include bread tubes, silicone oven mitt, hold and slice, cut n seal, grate container, lids to colander and bowls

Love the Jar Opener! Hate the Hold & Slice!

So glad the Silicone Mitt is going bye-bye.

Other than that, can't say I have strong feelings about anything else.

Teresa Lynn said:
part of my demo (during mixing) is Dr Phil's How's that working for you spiel. I include bread tubes, silicone oven mitt, hold and slice, cut n seal, grate container, lids to colander and bowls

You forgot the ice cream sandwich maker....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not so crazy about the Deluxe Cheese Grater....Just about all the cheese get's stuck....yeah, I know about the microwave trick.....give me my box grater any ole day! I also don't care for the veggie peeler, silicone oven mitt, or the tea. Everything else I pretty much love!

I had forgotten about the hold 'n slice - you can tell how much I use it.

I am not crazy about the vegetable peeler either and am hoping the new one is better.

I am so glad to hear that someone else does not like the old kitchen shears. Everybody seems to go on and on about how great they are, but I am truly not impressed. Hopefully I'll like the new ones better.

I would say the ice cream sandwich maker is pretty low on my list - what's the point? I can easily put ice cream between 2 cookies and press.

I like the cheese grater, but I do use my old box grater in my own home. I only use the cheese grater at shows - but I sell a lot of them, so I guess they can't be that bad. I bought the grate container but I have never used it - it seems like it would be a pain to have to constantly remove it and dig the cheese out of the grater.

One of my least favorites is the baker's roller - I've never been able to get it to work like it should. I know you're supposed to put it in the freezer for a minutes first, but I never remember to.

I hate the polka dot towels. I love the SA pieces but not those towels.

And I hate the "artichoke" colors this spring - I still say that is avocado. The green microfiber towel looks like "celery" color to me and I like that.

I also don't like the colanders. I'm glad they came out with the strainer! Now I don't have to carry the small colander and home no one asks what I think of it.

pamperedlinda said:
I'm not so crazy about the Deluxe Cheese Grater....Just about all the cheese get's stuck....yeah, I know about the microwave trick.....give me my box grater any ole day! I also don't care for the veggie peeler, silicone oven mitt, or the tea. Everything else I pretty much love!

What's the microwave trick?

Nuke your cheese for about 5 seconds before putting it in the cheese grater - it releases the oils and makes the grating easier.

Of all the things I own my least favroite is the egg slicer plus. That's only because I just NEVER remember to use it..lol.

mom2leelee said:
Of all the things I own my least favroite is the egg slicer plus. That's only because I just NEVER remember to use it..lol.

Once you use it a few times, you won't forget!! I saute a lot of veggies...so it is in front of my drawer. Slicing whole mushrooms has never been easier!

I think the stencils, old and new, are well....worthless.

Diane

cmdtrgd said:
Nuke your cheese for about 5 seconds before putting it in the cheese grater - it releases the oils and makes the grating easier.

Mine still gets stuck even when I do this. I Love it for parmesean cheese, but not cheddar.

jrstephens said:
Mine still gets stuck even when I do this. I Love it for parmesean cheese, but not cheddar.
mine too....I use the microplane for my parmesan!

I love fresh parm from the grater when someone else is cleaning it afterwards!! I think I've only used mine once because it was a pain...

amya said:
I am so glad to hear that someone else does not like the old kitchen shears. Everybody seems to go on and on about how great they are, but I am truly not impressed. Hopefully I'll like the new ones better.

I just tried the new ones to cut some paper and loved it for that. Have not tried herbs yet. With the olds one mine felt like they were sticking or something and was hard to make them close to cut (does that make sense?).

That's so funny because I love my kitchen shears. I use it for just about everything, like chicken wings. I even cut some dowel sticks with it and it is still in perfect condition.

I also like the sandwich maker. I sold so much when it was the guest special because I demo'd it and everyone loved it and they increased their order so they could get it.

I do have to agree with the artichoke color, I'm really not crazy about it.

I also like the cut n seal because it makes really neat turnovers.

I guess if I had to chooose a least favorite it would have to be the stoneware mini-fluted pan. I haven't used it much because it's so hard to clean. and of course the paper napkins are ridiculous.

I love the hold 'n slice... probably because I sliced myself twice during my first week of being a consultant with the self-sharpening knife!

I hate the silicone oven mitt and the ice cream sandwich maker, but since the oven mitt is being discontinued I'll go with the ice cream sandwich maker. I agree with everyone else that I can just as easily (easier actually) make an ice cream sandwich without a $12 tool. The dessert plates are a close third though, as they don't match anything and are way overpriced!

pamperedlinda said:
I'm not so crazy about the Deluxe Cheese Grater....Just about all the cheese get's stuck....yeah, I know about the microwave trick.....give me my box grater any ole day!

I'm right there with ya Linda!!! :D If the recipe calls for Cheddar Cheese, I tell them to buy pre-shredded cheese (I know - my bad) - but I just can't seem to get the cheese to NOT stick - warmed or chilled :eek:

I also DO NOT like the ice cream maker (blah)...

AND Beth - I LOVE THE DOT TOWELS!!!:D

Yeah I have to be honest..I don't like the cheese grater at all. It feels flimsy and plasticy..almost like it is going to break. It sticks and it is really a pain. I'd rather have shredded than fresh than go thru all that.

Man, I love my cheese grater:) I nuke my cheddar for 9 seconds--works great every time! I use the microplane for parmesan.

Hate the silicone oven mitt-so glad it's gone!
There's a few things I don't have cause I know I won't use them, like the hold & slice...

You kids will appreciate the jar opener a lot more when you start to develop arthritic joints. Demo it to anyone over 40, no matter what YOU think of it, and you'll sell a lot of 'em as add-ons.The Suds Pump and the Kitchen Spritzer both need to be taken apart periodically and washed out. The oils you put in the spritzer will coagulate in time and clog up the sprayer.I use my cheese grater a lot, and for more than cheese, but I don't usually demo it since most everyone buys grated cheese these days anyway. (Our friends at Sargento in Plymouth thank you, too!)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You kids will appreciate the jar opener a lot more when you start to develop arthritic joints. Demo it to anyone over 40, no matter what YOU think of it, and you'll sell a lot of 'em as add-ons.

The Suds Pump and the Kitchen Spritzer both need to be taken apart periodically and washed out. The oils you put in the spritzer will coagulate in time and clog up the sprayer.

I use my cheese grater a lot, and for more than cheese, but I don't usually demo it since most everyone buys grated cheese these days anyway. (Our friends at Sargento in Plymouth thank you, too!)

I sell alot of the jar opener by telling the story of how my mom was going to buy one of those hugh electric jar openers (not can opener, JAR opener), but took home my PC one to try, and called the next day to tell me to order another one for myself, because she wasn't giving it back! Saved her not only about $30, but also precious counter space in her kitchen!!

I also don't like the cheese grater, I use my UM to grate softer cheeses, and my Microplane for harder cheeses! I have broken the handle off from TWOcheese graters in the last four years! I never use it and never recommend it!
I also cheat quite often, and use pre-grated cheese - especially if its not really a part of what I'm demoing! And KG - Sargento is my FAVORITE brand of cheese!

Bexs50 said:
For me, its the kitchen spritzer. I was so excited to get it and now it never works right. I would never show a product that only works correctly PART of the time!

Make sure you release the pressure on the kitchen spritzer. I've had mine for years! and it still works fine... sometimes it has to be pumped more often than I like...and I think it works better when it isn't aiming down... lift the pan up so you are holding the bottle upright. You may just need a new spray mechanism...Good thing it comes with two now... and also keep the oil more full rather than more empty.
HTH...

PCGINA said:
I'm right there with ya Linda!!! :D If the recipe calls for Cheddar Cheese, I tell them to buy pre-shredded cheese (I know - my bad) - but I just can't seem to get the cheese to NOT stick - warmed or chilled :eek:

OMG... don't tell them that!! Tell them they need the Ultimate Mandoline to shred cheese... !! That's what I use at shows(well I have the US&G)! for cheddar...
Ch. Grater..great for Parm. cheese, chocolate, nuts... But I'm not crazy about it either. LOVE THE MICROPLANE!

The Ice Cream Sandwich maker just doesn't seem PC quality...seems like a cheap gizmo/gadget... don't like.

ChefBeckyD said:
I sell alot of the jar opener by telling the story of how my mom was going to buy one of those hugh electric jar openers (not can opener, JAR opener), but took home my PC one to try, and called the next day to tell me to order another one for myself, because she wasn't giving it back! Saved her not only about $30, but also precious counter space in her kitchen!!

I also don't like the cheese grater, I use my UM to grate softer cheeses, and my Microplane for harder cheeses! I have broken the handle off from TWOcheese graters in the last four years! I never use it and never recommend it!
I also cheat quite often, and use pre-grated cheese - especially if its not really a part of what I'm demoing! And KG - Sargento is my FAVORITE brand of cheese!
Don't push so hard! Give the grater a chance to work! Softer cheeses need to either be frozen for awhile or nuked for a few seconds, as others have noted.

BTW - that's the same thing people do with dull knives - they push too hard instead of sharpening the knife and letting the knife do the work...and that's why people cut themselves with DULL knives far more often than not!

And I've heard ... "The softer the cheese, the lighter the squeeze"
soft cheese would be cheddar/ mozz...
hard cheese parmesan.
I still think Ult. Mand for Cheddar/ mozz... etc...
$$$$
HTH
$$$$
LOL...

for me, the new tomato knife looks too much like a playdough toy. It makes me nervous that people won't take it seriously and be careful with it. I'm not all that impressed with the new tool turn about. not liking the new kitchen sheers, but i'm thinking they are trying to get people to buy the salad choppers instead. And those new easy adjustable measuring spoons...I think they will be more work than they are worth.

I love that the new measuring spoons and scoop have all the different measurements on them (tsp., tbsp, oz, ml) I used mine last night as a sort of conversion chart!

The new spoons are okay, but I'm not sure I like the little depression that holds the 1/4 t and 1/8 t. Time will tell.

My husband used the new adjustable scoop last night to measure milk and he said it seeped through...isn't is supposed to be used for dry AND wet ingredients?

I LOVE my new TTA...it works SO much better than the old one.

I wish the new kitchen shears had a cover/holder like the old ones...I love that they are right on my fridge and easy to grab. I haven't tried cutting with them yet.

I really like the new green Santuko knife too...I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it cuts.:)

rebeccastt said:
My husband used the new adjustable scoop last night to measure milk and he said it seeped through...isn't is supposed to be used for dry AND wet ingredients?

Mine did the same thing the first time I tried it w/ water but it was because I didnt have it put together all the way. Make sure the white part is pushed all the way down into the clear part. If is still seeps I would call HO and get another one.

Thanks for the tip....I'll try that!:)

I love my jar opener & the old kitchen shears!

I do not the hold n slice, silicone oven mitt, deluxe cheese grater, kitchen towels (any colors).

I'm unsure of some new products, the shears and measuring spoon. The shears, I don't feel safe using it, it kinda feel cheap, well, I like the herb cutter part. I love the TTA. I brought it to my show Friday to see if anyone noticed, sure enough, they did!!!! They loved the color and it spins so well! That's the only one new product I brought and told about.

I love my kitchen shears... have had them for years and never had a problem with them other than getting frustrated as they might be in the dishwasher and I am wanting to use them! LOL!!

I can't believe that they are keeping the Tiles Paper Napkins. I don't get it at all! I have not had a single customer purchase them and no one I know is even remotely interested - including me. Does anyone sell enough of those things to make it worthwhile?

I don't get the idea of the tomato & santoku for spring... I just don't see the point in having colored knives, but that's just me!

I love the new TTA, it's size is great... but I prefer white to black, because that's the color of my kitchen.... but that's my kitchen...

Overall, not as excited for the new stuff as I was in the fall. It all seems nice enough, but nothing that I am too excited with....

We'll see...

I like the jar opener and the old kitchen shears. Use them everyday.

I will be prepared for the tomato onslaught that is coming but.... I don't like the Mandoline. I didn't like the US&G either, so maybe it's just me. ;)

I don't care for the tile towel set (the purple one from F/W 06), or the tile napkins. The towels and tablecloth look like something from the 80s.... but then again, maybe that's just me again. I do like the tiles bowls and platter. I also like the dots.

jaye said:
I don't get the idea of the tomato & santoku for spring... I just don't see the point in having colored knives, but that's just me!

And did you happen to notcie the huge price difference?!? I bought the original Santoku and now want the whole set! I like that one is offered as a 1/2 price item starting S/S '07. I just might have to find a host who doesn't want to use all of their 1/2 price items :)

I used the new tomato knife Saturday, and it was okay. I liked the serrated blade, but it did feel flimsy to me. I'd probably stick with the bread knife for tomatoes at home, even if it is HUGE. :DI love the hold 'n slice, though. I've sold so many of those at my shows, especially when I just slide my knife through the tines to make nice even slices! The jar opener is also good for when the DH isn't around. I agree on the cheese grater... I never can get it to quite work right. I prefer the mandoline, now that I have it.I still love the silicone oven mitts though. I don't like this new one at all... it feels too stiff, and I don't think I could grip anything with it well. The silicone ones felt nice and soft, and I can actually grab things without being afraid of dropping them. I'm torn on the new kitchen shears. I absolutely love the old ones, and used them nearly every day. The new ones feel weaker to me, like the spring inside isn't as strong. (There's no way it could be, in that small a handle.) I do like the herb strippers, though. I used them on some cilantro, and the leaves came off beautifully.

I am surprised that they didn't release a colored scraper like they have the past few springs. Wouldn't a lilac scraper be georgous??

I am wondering if they knives are going to be the new seasonal colored item and change every spring??

Why did they choose avocado (I mean artichoke) to make the broducts in? Why not the lilac - it is actually pretty.

And the "fun" knives scare me! They look like plastic almost like toys. Someone is going to get hurt not thinking they are real knives.

That will be my mission this yet - to teach everyone that they are KNIVES = sharp. BTW: I did use the santoku this weekend and it did cut nicely but things did stick to the blade a lot.

gilliandanielle said:
I am surprised that they didn't release a colored scraper like they have the past few springs. Wouldn't a lilac scraper be georgous??

I am wondering if they knives are going to be the new seasonal colored item and change every spring??

They brought out the scraper in artichoke.

mom2leelee said:
They brought out the scraper in artichoke.
I think she was talking about the silicone scrapers (classic were colored one year and the small mix 'n scraper the next).

OK, I thought maybe I had misunderstood her.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BarbFlan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies