• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Best Recipe You Demoed for the Best Sales.

In summary, the conversation discussed the success of various recipes and their impact on sales. While the Jerk Chicken Nachos did not garner much interest, the Jerk Salad with pineapple and the Molten Lava Chocolate Cake in the rice cooker were big hits. It was also noted that using simple recipes can showcase products and lead to increased sales. Additionally, the use of different cookware and stoneware was mentioned, with suggestions for lighter options. In the end, it was agreed that the recipe itself is not as important as how well the products are presented and showcased in the catalog.
Smashie
I had a show on Friday, and I demoed the Jerk Chicken Nachos and I know that I had a huge party but they were VERY disinterested in the Nachos. I honestly don't think I will demo it again.

I don't really think the recipe matters (which was hard for me to grasp). It's more about how well you get your audience interested and how well you cover the products in the catalog.

Yeah, that nacho recipe isn't very impressive-looking.
I think the Jerk Salad with the pineapple top in the middle sold more.

Whenever I have used the torte pans, they have sold. I always say that a simple box cake mix can turn into something that looks like a $30 bakery item.

edit - and most of them buy the easy accent decorater, too.

pamperedlinda said:
I don't really think the recipe matters (which was hard for me to grasp). It's more about how well you get your audience interested and how well you cover the products in the catalog.
I agree with this.

As far as the nachos recipe - the first time I made it they didn't have enough - LOVED it! At the second show they said it tasted great but hardly ate any. - go figure! Both shows were about $500 in sales.

kspry said:
Yeah, that nacho recipe isn't very impressive-looking.
I think the Jerk Salad with the pineapple top in the middle sold more.

Whenever I have used the torte pans, they have sold. I always say that a simple box cake mix can turn into something that looks like a $30 bakery item.

edit - and most of them buy the easy accent decorater, too.
That's a great tip!

I love this recipe. I made it at my show yesterday and it was a hit. This is how I turn a simple recipe into one that shows off products:

For the chicken:
I cooked 2 breasts in the grill pan before guests arrived - That lead into my cookware talk (I had the breasts in the SA Dot's bowl so I could pass around the Grill Pan and plus was able to talk about the SA)
I cooked 2 breasts in the Deep Covered Baker (in the microwave) - That started my stoneware talk and also introduced next month's Host Special (I got 3 Oct Booking b/c of it)
I diced the chicken in front of them - Forged Cutlery & Knife talk
I already had the cheese grated, but talked about the UM....we sliced the lime half on it
Citrus Press - Juiced the other lime half
Prep Bowl - I had already mixed the sour cream with the Jerk Seasoning and had it in the fridge
We made the nachos on the Bar Pan.

That's all I can think of right now. But, it's not really about the recipe, it's about the products.

Right now the show is at $600 and I got 3 definate bookings and I have to call the 4th who is a maybe.

Last edited:
My show is currently at 600, but I think because I had 17 guests, they were drinking maragritas and chatty they didn't seem interested UNTIL I did the Molten Lava Chocolate cake in the rice cooker. So that made me wonder if they really didn't care about the nachos or what the deal was.

On Friday, I made the 30 min chicken recipe in the DDCB and I sold 3 DDCB plus over $900 in commissionable sales!!

I will definately make this again.

Also made the cinnamon rolls and sold a lot of the sprinkles.

But as for next time, I will rethink the cinnamon rolls, the stone ware is awfully heavy to be carrying all of that.

vwpamperedchef said:
On Friday, I made the 30 min chicken recipe in the DDCB and I sold 3 DDCB plus over $900 in commissionable sales!!

I will definately make this again.

Also made the cinnamon rolls and sold a lot of the sprinkles.

But as for next time, I will rethink the cinnamon rolls, the stone ware is awfully heavy to be carrying all of that.

I do the 30 minute chicken, and then also either cinn. biscuit bites or garlic biscuit bites......cookware is lighter - and then you are demoing stoneware & cookware!;) :thumbup:

I am making the nachos this week for two different shows... boy I hope they turn out !!!! I need to practice a few more times at home .... LOL

I made the nachos last night and they loved the "twist" on regular old nachos. The jerk seasoning really puts a flare in it!

I agree with Linda. It doesn't matter what recipe you do, but how you address the products in the catalog. I did like doing the Aloha Pizza because it allowed me time to do my "commercials" for items not in the demo. I can show the UM with a potato, and other items that are my favorites.

pamperedlinda said:

I TOTALLY agree Linda! I think you've got to ask yourself:
1) Are you selling the features or benefits of the products?
2) Are they having FUN? Are YOU fun?
3) Are you suggesting other products to go with otheres? (cross-selling)
4) Are you encouraging THEM to sell the products?

It is a KNOWN fact people come to ANY direct sales parties with a mind-set BEFORE they come in the door how much $$$ they will spend.

YOUR job is to create DESIRES to have MANY of the products. WHY do they NEED a particular product in their kitchen. Saving time, easy clean up, less work, making cooking fun ~ whatever the desire is...YOU need to sell that.

Most consultants sell the FEATURES (6 knife cuts with one chop-Food Chopper) instead of the BENEFITS ("you can chop MANY onions without shedding a tear," "this will not only save you a ton of time in the kichen, but you can relieve your stress at the same time," "saves you so much time, you'll have more time to sit at the dinner table with your family," ~ there's a LOT more...but you get the idea.).

CROSS-SELLING: MANY times I hear from my customers, "I would have never bought _____ but when you said ______, I had to have it." Again, you are creating the DESIRE and NEED to have it!

Have your guests SELL the products! Ask (when you pick up a product) "who as this?" ~ "do you love it? Why?" This is a fun interactive way to get everyone involved with your shows. Let them sell it! Ask "who doesn't have this?" Ask them to come up and try it...HANDS-ON get those products SOLD!

So which recipe? Any one that shows a lot of product. Plus I ALWAYS talk about each collection...stoneware, cookware, entertaining (Simple Additions) and bakeware. You don't always have to demo a product to TALK about it.

HTH,

Everyone's feedback is great! Here's my take on why some recipes do better than others at gaining interest: the guest has to believe they can easily make it themselves at home. While I love the nachos, I got the feeling just one person from my party would make it. Yes, we showed that it's not hard at all. But you take the Molten Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker--and people are like: "Wow, I want something that helps me make a cake so good so fast!" Same thing with several other recipes I've demoed (INTERMISSION HERE<that word looks funny, eh?!). When I make a quick appetizer that I label a "no-bake" artichoke dip, they all want the recipe, and I sell the garlic press and the chopper.To me, that's the "impress" factor of a cooking demo. However, I think we're all figuring out from other successful consultants that you don't necessarily have to demo to sell kitchen-ware. I personally like to do both: impress and sell without stress. So I'm working on doing real simple recipes that work for me. For example, while I love the Aloha pizza, I haven't been happy with how much effort it takes me (and stress). I'm sure for others, it's a simple recipe but I rather make something else that I can easily memorize the steps.

I've made the Jerk chicken nachos at the last 3 shows I've had and have sold plenty of items. The guests love the citrus press. I go into this talk about how easy it is to use and how you may not need it but you will use it and love it once you have it. Everyone is so impressed with it. I have gotten orders for them at each show. As a new consultant they are easy to make which is what I love and they are pretty fast to make too. That way I can talk about the other lines I don't use and still keep the show short and sweet.

When I made the jerk nachos, (for my open house.. so it wasnt a DEMO) I thought it was EASY! as i was making them, i kept re reading, thinking, ok there is something im missing, it cant be THIS EASY?? Now i dont have the citris press, so i need to borrow that, but i just squeezed the lime in the bowl.

Ok..Can Yall please give examples of what you like to Demo, that shows the most products??

What is the best recipe you demoed for the best sales?

The best recipe that I have demoed for the best sales is our famous "Stoneware Chicken Casserole". It is a delicious and easy one-pot meal that can be made in our stoneware pan, which is a top-selling item at Pampered Chef.

How do I make the Stoneware Chicken Casserole?

To make the Stoneware Chicken Casserole, you will need boneless chicken breasts, diced potatoes, carrots, onions, and your choice of seasoning. Layer the ingredients in the stoneware pan, cover and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. For the full recipe and cooking instructions, you can refer to our website or product catalog.

Why is the Stoneware Chicken Casserole a top-selling item at Pampered Chef?

The Stoneware Chicken Casserole is a top-selling item at Pampered Chef because it is a versatile and convenient dish that can be used for various recipes. It is also made with our high-quality stoneware, which ensures even cooking and easy clean-up. Plus, it is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for family meals or entertaining guests.

Can I use different ingredients for the Stoneware Chicken Casserole?

Yes, you can definitely customize the ingredients for the Stoneware Chicken Casserole to suit your taste preferences. You can substitute the chicken with tofu or use different vegetables and seasonings. Our stoneware pan is also suitable for making other recipes such as lasagna or roasted vegetables.

Do you offer any discounts or promotions for the Stoneware Chicken Casserole and other Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we regularly offer discounts and promotions on our products, including the Stoneware Chicken Casserole. You can check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for current deals and offers. We also have a rewards program for loyal customers, where you can earn points and redeem them for discounts or free products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kchaudoin
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kchaudoin
  • Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Meigs
  • chefliz