• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do With Your Leftover Apple Peels?

In summary, you can make gummy worms by dipping apple peel in dry jello and baking at 250 degrees. You can also make potpourri by mixing apple peels with cinnamon and water and simmering on the stove.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I know I'm not going crazy thinking you can do something with these and kool aid but what is it? We just did 4 apples and thought you could make gummys. :blushing:

Please help!!!:)

Ummmm, I made them last Fall, hmmm! I can't remember the recipe...While I was just searching, I found a recipe for making candied apples from scratch, I never knew the ingredients:Candied Apples
10 Servings1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vinegar
2/3-cup water
1 package cherry kool-aid
10 applesMix sugar, vinegar and water. Boil until mixture reaches 300-degrees; cool. Stir in Kool-Aid. Put apples on sticks and dip into mixture quickly.end of hijack;)

Compost??? LOL!

Apple Peel Jelly

Place apple peels, lightly packed, into a 4.5 qt. pot with 5 cups of water. There should be about 3-4 inches of peels in the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and boil for 15 minutes, stirring as little as possible. Remove from heat, put the lid on the pot, and allow to stand overnight. (Optional, add a cinnamon stick when you let it sit overnight.) Strain the liquid into a measuring cup, and make certain you have 5 cups. Return to the pot. Gradually dissolve 1 box of pectin into the liquid and bring to a full rolling boil, over high heat. Add 7 cups of sugar (all at once), stirring to dissolve. Return to boiling, and boil hard for 1 minute. Remove from heat, skim foam if necessary, and can into ½ pt. jelly jars. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.

We feed them to the cows. ;) Although, after seeing that so incredibly disgusting skittles commercial, I'm not sure that I'll allow dh to do that anymore.

Gummy Worms made at home!
Oct 23 '02

The Bottom Line OOoo! Worms?!?! Yes, yummy worms!

By popular request, I am posting a recipe I have been handed from unknown sources on how to make homemade Gummy Worms. This is in response to my review of the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, and what to do with your leftover apple peel.

So without further ado...

"Gummy Worms"

After peeling apple with Apple Peeler Corer Slicer throw the moist peels in a zip lock bag and pour in your favorite flavor of DRY jello (do not use sugar free). Shake until peels are well coated.

Lay them out on a flat stone and bake at 250 degree for 30 - 45 minutes (depending on the amount of peels).

I have also heard that you need to only bake them for 15-20 minutes.

I plan to make some soon, so I will let you know how it goes for me. If you do try it, let me know how it goes for you, and I'll add it to this review!

Good luck, and peel more apples and eat more worms!

-Rebecca

you can toss the peels with some jello powder and bake at like 250 on a stone til they get glisteny and then cool them...

AH HAH! Thats the recipe....I kept thinking "a koolaid packet is so small" ....

What happeneds to the Stone? It seems like the jello would stain it.
Deanna

We throw ours in the garbage;)

Add them to a pan of water with cinnamon (and if you prefer, cloves) and have them simmer on the stove. Makes a great popurrie (I can't spell that dang word...looks like poopie to me!:eek: )

baychef said:
Add them to a pan of water with cinnamon (and if you prefer, cloves) and have them simmer on the stove. Makes a great popurrie (I can't spell that dang word...looks like poopie to me!:eek: )
potpourri

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

I can't believe there is this many replies. I forgot I even posted the question and threw away the stupid peels!! Oh well! I was looking for the gummy worms so THANK YOU Janet!!!:thumbup:

I also heard once to dip them in a bowl of syrup & then in bird seed; then string up in the trees!

This is where my goats and horses come in handy!

1. What is a creative way to use leftover apple peels?

One creative way to use leftover apple peels is to make homemade apple peel chips. Simply toss the peels in cinnamon and sugar, then bake them in the oven until crispy for a delicious and healthy snack.

2. Can leftover apple peels be used in cooking?

Yes, leftover apple peels can be used in cooking. They can be added to homemade applesauce or used as a natural thickener in soups and stews.

3. How can I reduce food waste by using leftover apple peels?

One way to reduce food waste is to use leftover apple peels to make a flavorful apple peel tea. Simply steep the peels in hot water for a few minutes and enjoy a warm and soothing drink.

4. Are there any health benefits to eating apple peels?

Apple peels are a good source of fiber and contain antioxidants, which can help improve heart health and digestion. Eating apple peels may also help lower cholesterol levels.

5. Can leftover apple peels be used in beauty or household products?

Yes, leftover apple peels can be used in various beauty and household products. They can be used to make a DIY face mask, mixed with sugar for a natural exfoliator, or boiled with water to create a fragrant household cleaner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jazj10355
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kam