• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do at a Bridal Shower?

I can't remember the name of it, but it is a little book with pictures of different wedding items and a list of what it costs. Then I had her take it around to everyone and have them write down what they wanted on the list. I also took down their names, addresses, and phone numbers, so that I could follow up with them and let them know that their orders were ready. I didn't have a separate order form, I just put everybody's name on the order form that was given to the bride at the shower. I think that this was really helpful because not everyone could make it to the shower, and I didn't want anyone to feel left out. I think that it was really cute that
myjobisaparty
Obviously, I know what was done at my wedding showers--a lot of time was spent opening gifts. I have my first PC wedding shower booked in a couple of weeks. I've been on here looking at GREAT ideas (i.e the Bridal Shower order form, the 3-fold board with velcro/pictures, bamboo spoon favors, etc). My question is--what do you do? Do you do a recipe like any other show? I'm drawing a complete blank and my director's family just suffered a severe loss yesterday and I refuse to bother her about this right now. Thanks for any help!!! :)

Basically, my PC showers are just like my regular shows. Do a search for showers, and you'll find lots of great ideas.

The one that I have done I did the Lime and Cucumber Demo. I focused more on the "bride' than I did the show. I had her wish list in eas book that I pasted out which had pics of the products, item number, page number and price. I told the guest to see me BEFORE the filled out their order forms so we could check their products off on my master list, so, their would not be duplicates. I played the Left Right game with a poam that I got off here. Everyone LOVED it b/c they way it turned out the Bride was the one doing the running and there was a gap in our circle, so, she really had to work. My demo was short and sweet. I mentioned they could book off her show and she would benefit but I did not talk about the benefits of booking like I do at a regular show b/c that was my personal opinion not what the shower was about. I say focus more on the bride and less on the "show" aspect of it. I did take some of my items that I had that she registered for that I thought people might want to see before they purchased.

I had an order form where the guest could order for themself and did tell them that would help the bride's benefits. I had several that ordered for themself too.

I gave the host PC recipes if they wanted to use them but told them they did not have too.

When I get another one, I plan to do it the same way.

Thanks!Thank you for the ideas. I think I've managed to put together a great shower using your ideas as well as ones found on this site. I hope to give Jan an amazing shower!

Thanks!
Laura

And, I'm sure you're proud of me for not answering, "Gee, I generally just lather, rinse, repeat, and then work my way south." Hee, hee.I hope your shower goes really well.

I just had a great bridal shower on Saturday - over $1200!! I used the outline in the files here as well as the left/right game. Guests signed the apron when they first arrived and then the bride-to-be got to wear it as she helped in the demo of clubhouse chicken squares. I also had the cool and creamy chocolate fondue and cinnamon chips done ahead of time. I like to concentrate on the bride as well but still threw out tips along the way. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and the bride got everything on her wish list!!

This may seem like a stupid question but how would a bride do a wish list for a show without doing a wedding registry online? I have a friend who wants to give a bridal shower. I'm drawing a blank on how to do it even though I just read this thread. So she would make her wish list and everyone would order off of that? She would buy the host benefits herself?

lissahope26 said:
This may seem like a stupid question but how would a bride do a wish list for a show without doing a wedding registry online? I have a friend who wants to give a bridal shower. I'm drawing a blank on how to do it even though I just read this thread. So she would make her wish list and everyone would order off of that? She would buy the host benefits herself?

I have them fill out the wish list that is on the back of the order forms.....

I haven't done a bridal shower yet but may have 2-3 this year. I thought it sounded cute to pre-make a "bride" cake out of the batter bowl and then demo "Tuxedo" brownie cups. IDK. Just a thought.

I had a bridal shower and did my first one last year. When I did mine, I first gave the bride a catalog and told her to circle everything in it that she wanted. Then she emailed me her list (made it hard because she just emailed product numbers!). I made my wish list flowers - it looked like a flower pot in the colander and bowl set. I probably won't do it again, it was way too much work. Then again if I only have 1 a year I thought it was a nice touch. I gave the apron as my gift and had the guests sign it as they came in. I focused more on the bride and talked about the products she wanted. I don't demo during my show so the food was done before hand. We played the tray game where I had 12 products on the round woven tray but when the bride walked out of the room I had them describe what the bride was wearing! That made everyone laugh and a couple people were a little mad I tricked them. I did talk about the benefits of having a show just to point out how great it is to have a PC bridal shower.

I have all the products from the catalog cut out and pasted on 3x5 cards (great job for your older kids to do for you). I have the bride fill out her wish list and then I set her registry up for her--I tell her that it's part of the package. I have a table with the apron on it by the front door (with markers, but I use sharpies, I don't like the ones from the supply order). I have three small baskets with a bridal tule bow tied to the handle --it looks really cute. The baskets are labeled $1-$20, $21-$40 and $40+. I put the things she wants in each basket according to price. I then have a sign on the table inviting them to sign the apron and pick a gift from one of the baskets. This way she doesn't get 3 batter bowls. I encourage the hostess to decorate the table with a pretty cloth and maybe a picture of the engaged couple, some candies, etc. The guests come in, sign the apron, and pick a gift. During the demo I stress that the guests can help the bride in 2 ways: order the products she wants for her kitchen and order for themselves, adding to her hostess benefits. The bride wears the apron, and most of the time she helps with the demo but I have had brides that are too shy or self concious, so they just wear the apron. I like the basket idea better than making a bridal board, it's a lot easier to haul 3 small baskets than that big old three fold board. I do well with bridal showers--most of mine are well over $1,000.

1. What exactly is a shower?

A shower is a party thrown to celebrate a special occasion, such as a wedding, baby arrival, or birthday. It is usually organized by friends or family members of the guest of honor and includes food, gifts, and fun activities.

2. How is a shower different from a regular party?

A shower is usually centered around a specific theme or purpose and involves gift-giving. It is also typically more intimate and focused on the guest of honor. Unlike a regular party, the main goal of a shower is to celebrate and support the person being honored.

3. What role do you play at a shower as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I provide a variety of kitchen products and cooking tips to the host and guests of the shower. I also offer the opportunity for guests to purchase products and earn free rewards for the host. I can even provide a cooking demonstration or game to make the shower even more fun!

4. Do you only offer kitchen products at showers?

No, while kitchen products are our main focus at Pampered Chef, we also have a variety of other home and entertaining products available. These can include items for outdoor entertaining, home organization, and even spa and wellness products.

5. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my shower?

There are many ways to incorporate Pampered Chef products into your shower. You can use our products to create delicious dishes for the menu, display them as decor, or include them as prizes for games or activities. As a consultant, I can also work with you to come up with creative and personalized ideas for using our products at your shower.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mechelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mechelle
  • BeckyC5830