• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Put With a White Cake Mix?

or I put a paper towel over the top and microwave for about 20 seconds:)How about the Kitchen Brush (now in Artichoke)Or in our Kitchen at school we have these Purple sponges Not actually a sponge, kinda like sponge shaped plastic. BUT it works Great:)I use a washcloth that hasn't been in my dishsoap and wipe it out after it has soaked in super hot water....or I put a paper towel over the top and
DMB75
I want to try out my flute pan today. I have a white cake mix, but I don't have any pie fillings. Is there any recipes that don't involve mixing in pie filling? Any thoughts?

Donna

3 2 1 cake:
3 eggs
2 cups sour cream
1 cake mix

mix & cook in micro for 11 mins.

Do you have any canned frosting? Micro it a little so it will be soft enough to drizzle over the cake.

Thanks Linda! I can use that for my show today too!

pamperedlinda said:
3 2 1 cake:
3 eggs
2 cups sour cream
1 cake mix

Do you have any canned frosting? Micro it a little so it will be soft enough to drizzle over the cake.

Thanks! I can do that!

I made a yummy microwave cake the other day:
yellow cake mix
16 ox sour cream
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
1 box of cheesecake pudding mix
1/2 cup (maybe a little more) chocolate and peanut butter chips

Cook for 11-13 minutes. Take out and invert with stone still on cake; remove after 10 minutes. Serve with Cool Whip. Yum! I'm sure it would be good with some kind of frosting too! :D

I only have 8 oz sour cream! :(

DMB75 said:
I want to try out my flute pan today. I have a white cake mix, but I don't have any pie fillings. Is there any recipes that don't involve mixing in pie filling? Any thoughts?

Donna

Donna...do you have the Fluted Stone????

Ginger428 said:
Donna...do you have the Fluted Stone????

Yes, I do.

I just made a 10 minute cake and it actually took 18 minutes. :confused:

DMB75 said:
Yes, I do.

I just made a 10 minute cake and it actually took 18 minutes. :confused:

Thats why as much as I'd love to make 1 at every show I wont, because you never know what kind of Microwave they have....:(

I used to have a whole booklet of recipes for the fluted stone. Since my laptop was fried it's not here...I think I have saved on the family computer.

I mix together 3 eggs, a 16 ounce container of sour cream(not FF) and any cake mix. Spray or bush your fluted stone with oil and pour mix in fluted stone. Then use your small scoop and drop half (or whole) container of any icing on top evenly on top of mix. Microwave 11-13 mutes depending on microwave. It must have a turntable. Let stand at least 20 miutes. Flip over and serve.

I went to half a can of icing because it bubbled over twice at shows. Now I warm the rest up in the microwave and pour it ontop.

Chefgirl2 said:
I used to have a whole booklet of recipes for the fluted stone. Since my laptop was fried it's not here...I think I have saved on the family computer.

I mix together 3 eggs, a 16 ounce container of sour cream(not FF) and any cake mix. Spray or bush your fluted stone with oil and pour mix in fluted stone. Then use your small scoop and drop half (or whole) container of any icing on top evenly on top of mix. Microwave 11-13 mutes depending on microwave. It must have a turntable. Let stand at least 20 miutes. Flip over and serve.

I went to half a can of icing because it bubbled over twice at shows. Now I warm the rest up in the microwave and pour it ontop.
Just confirming: you make the cake mix as USUAL but add the SC..... OR
no oil/water just EGGS, SC, Mix:confused:

It's just eggs, sour cream and mix.

chefann said:
It's just eggs, sour cream and mix.
Great thanks i will have to try that one today too.
Boy are we going eat today . Aloha Pizza and a cake OOPS WW's will not like me on Thursday. I better walk alot before then:)

Alright ladies, What is the secret in cleaning the Flute stone? LOL The cake slipped right out, but there is cake residue all over the flute stone. It's going to take me forever clean it with the scraper.

DMB75 said:
Alright ladies, What is the secret in cleaning the Flute stone? LOL The cake slipped right out, but there is cake residue all over the flute stone. It's going to take me forever clean it with the scraper.

BWAHAHAHAAAAAA........:p

OK..what you could do is...fill it with hot water let it soak for a few, then I usually run my fingers over it to feel for any leftover residue....

Last edited:
Ginger428 said:
BWAHAHAHAAAAAA........:p
How about the Kitchen Brush (now in Artichoke)

Or in our Kitchen at school we have these Purple sponges Not actually a sponge, kinda like sponge shaped plastic. BUT it works Great:)

I use a washcloth that hasn't been in my dishsoap and wipe it out after it has soaked in super hot water. It's much easier than trying to use a scraper in there.

That's what I use to clean all my stoneware, except the flat stones.

Did you know you can make a cake (box mix) with just a can of soda??? My aunt told me about this trick so I tried it the other night. I used a gingerale w/white cake mix. My dh tells me if you use Verners with vanilla ice cream it is called a Boston Cooler.

Anyway the cake was very moist and full of flavor, no real frosting needed or one that is light flavor. Like a chocolate mixed with a frozen whipped topping to lighten it would be nice or just a berry mix drizzeled over??? It was very good.

I was telling my SIL about it and her WW friend said this went around their meeting a few weeks ago and they used diet cherry cola w/chocolate cake mix. (just thought I would let you know another variation.)

I was taught:
1 can of pie filling
3 eggs
1 cake mik

Mix all together and pour in greased fluted stone. Microwave for 12 mins

is good with a white mix and cherry pie filling.

I have a very large document with all the fluted stone recipes if you want it I can post it. I think I have posted it before though.

purrbal said:
Did you know you can make a cake (box mix) with just a can of soda??? My aunt told me about this trick so I tried it the other night. I used a gingerale w/white cake mix. My dh tells me if you use Verners with vanilla ice cream it is called a Boston Cooler.

Anyway the cake was very moist and full of flavor, no real frosting needed or one that is light flavor. Like a chocolate mixed with a frozen whipped topping to lighten it would be nice or just a berry mix drizzeled over??? It was very good.

I was telling my SIL about it and her WW friend said this went around their meeting a few weeks ago and they used diet cherry cola w/chocolate cake mix. (just thought I would let you know another variation.)
what about eggs? or is it just the cake mix and a soda?

pamperedlinda said:
what about eggs? or is it just the cake mix and a soda?

Yup just cake mix and soda...I was skeptical that is why I tried it and I was amazed. That was why she told me about it we were out of eggs and wanted to make a cake.

YOu know for making the cake in the microwave not sure how that would work using the pop but it worked in the oven!

purrbal said:
YOu know for making the cake in the microwave not sure how that would work using the pop but it worked in the oven!

I tried this...all it is a can of soda & a cake mix....weird but it works......:cool:

Ginger

Did you actually make it with the pop in the microwave? If you did was it same cook time and such?

When you make dutch oven cobbler you add the pie filling then add cake mix then pour sprite on top and mix it in I agree turns out yummy

Jennie4PC said:
When you make dutch oven cobbler you add the pie filling then add cake mix then pour sprite on top and mix it in I agree turns out yummy
that really sounds strange......I may have to try it though. What flavors do you use? and which stone do you cook it in? Do you do it in the microwave?

pamperedlinda said:
3 2 1 cake:
3 eggs
2 cups sour cream
1 cake mix

Thank you Linda........again. back from my show....I did this with a yellow cake mix, and chocolate icing.....those ladies went WILD! They ate almost all of it (there where only 6 guests!). Too bad the sales weren't great.......in a funk about that, and that I didn't get any bookings :( , but it was by far the best "show" that I have put on I think.

DMB75 said:

Here is how I almost always clean my stones: (especially hard to clean ones like the fluted stone)
I use a scrubbie/sponge combo. I buy the ones that are specifically for non-stick cookware so I can use it to clean my PC knives and PC cookware without scratching them. When cleaning my stones, I just make sure that there isn't any soap on it. Just be careful that you don't scrub too hard or the color on the scrubbie can smear off onto your stone.:eek:

This is also good to know....I have had customers in the past swear that their stone is molding.:confused: :confused: When I ask them specifically if they clean them with a green or blue scrubbie, they have always said yes. Well, that's the "mold" that they are seeing! There isn't any way to get it off, but it will eventually wear off with use.

With my NT stoneware, I usually clean the inside of the stone with the scrubbie and then once the inside is clean, I will add a little soap to it and clean just the glazed part of the stone. I am very picky and I don't like it when the outside of the stone gets all discolored from grease burning onto it.

Sorry, I know this is waaaay more info than you asked for!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

White cake with a can of diet orange soda, microwaved for 12-14 minutes. top with a dollop of cool whip. Yummm and only 3 points per slice (12 slices per fluted cake)

I use a kitchen brush (dedicated to only stones, so no soap ever touches it) on my stones-- couldn't live without it!

Excited about thisI make cake in the microwave all the time but have never done just a mix and soda. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the info:)

WW Points
PampChefJoy said:
White cake with a can of diet orange soda, microwaved for 12-14 minutes. top with a dollop of cool whip. Yummm and only 3 points per slice (12 slices per fluted cake)

Which then leads to how many points does it cost you to make it regularly? This would be good to know and offer as an alternative to guests.

Washing Stones
KimmyDarling said:
I use a kitchen brush (dedicated to only stones, so no soap ever touches it) on my stones-- couldn't live without it!

Me too! Gives me the satisfaction of "cleaning" without using soap :D

That's for all the advice!

I know it is too late for your show but another suggestion is a box of cake mix and one can of soda. You can do chocolate cake mix with soda, or white cake mix and 7 up. Just mix and bake as directed. THe people at the Y and at my WW meeting were all raving about this on the same day. I haven't tried it yet but if it works, wow! The 3-2-1 sounds good too, but it sure will have more points!

Colleen Boehm
Future Director
Sussex, WI

use diet soda with your cake mix. I have only ever done this in the microwave. I like it much better than the microwave cakes with the eggs and oil. This one is lighter in texture and very moist. I serve it with fat free sugar free cool whip. It is a lower sugar/low fat cake!

1. Can I use fresh fruit with a white cake mix?

Yes, you can definitely use fresh fruit with a white cake mix! Some popular options include berries, sliced peaches, or diced apples. Simply fold the fruit into the cake mix before baking, or place it on top before baking for a beautiful presentation.

2. Are there any other cake mix add-ins besides pie filling?

Absolutely! You can try adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut to the cake mix for some extra flavor and texture. You can also add in a tablespoon of your favorite extract, such as almond or lemon, for a unique twist.

3. Can I make a layered cake with a white cake mix?

Yes, you can definitely make a layered cake with a white cake mix! Simply bake two or more cake layers and stack them with your favorite frosting in between. You can also add in some of the above mentioned add-ins to each layer for added flavor and texture.

4. Can I use a flute pan with a white cake mix?

Yes, you can use a flute pan with a white cake mix! The flute pan will give your cake a beautiful and unique shape. Just make sure to grease the pan well before pouring in the cake mix.

5. Are there any other ways to jazz up a white cake mix?

Definitely! You can try adding a layer of pudding or custard in between two layers of cake, or topping the cake with a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce. You can also add in some crushed cookies or candy pieces for added texture and flavor. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different add-ins!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jeans Garden
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebPC