What can I put with a white cake mix?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by DMB75, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to try out my flute pan today. I have a white cake mix, but I don't have any pie fillings. Is there any recipes that don't involve mixing in pie filling? Any thoughts?

Donna

2. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Gold Member

3 2 1 cake:
    3 eggs
    2 cups sour cream
    1 cake mix

mix & cook in micro for 11 mins.

Do you have any canned frosting? Micro it a little so it will be soft enough to drizzle over the cake.

3. Thanks Linda! I can use that for my show today too!

4. Thanks! I can do that!

5. I made a yummy microwave cake the other day:
    yellow cake mix
    16 ox sour cream
    1/2 cup oil
    3 eggs
    1 box of cheesecake pudding mix
    1/2 cup (maybe a little more) chocolate and peanut butter chips

Cook for 11-13 minutes. Take out and invert with stone still on cake; remove after 10 minutes. Serve with Cool Whip. Yum! I'm sure it would be good with some kind of frosting too! :D

6. I only have 8 oz sour cream! :(

7. Ginger428

Ginger428 Gold Member

Donna...do you have the Fluted Stone????

8. Yes, I do.

I just made a 10 minute cake and it actually took 18 minutes. :confused:

9. Ginger428

Ginger428 Gold Member

Thats why as much as I'd love to make 1 at every show I wont, because you never know what kind of Microwave they have....:(

10. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Gold Member

I used to have a whole booklet of recipes for the fluted stone. Since my laptop was fried it's not here...I think I have saved on the family computer.

I mix together 3 eggs, a 16 ounce container of sour cream(not FF) and any cake mix. Spray or bush your fluted stone with oil and pour mix in fluted stone. Then use your small scoop and drop half (or whole) container of any icing on top evenly on top of mix. Microwave 11-13 mutes depending on microwave. It must have a turntable. Let stand at least 20 miutes. Flip over and serve.

I went to half a can of icing because it bubbled over twice at shows. Now I warm the rest up in the microwave and pour it ontop.

11. Just confirming: you make the cake mix as USUAL but add the SC..... OR
    no oil/water just EGGS, SC, Mix:confused:

12. chefann

chefann Gold Member

It's just eggs, sour cream and mix.

13. Great thanks i will have to try that one today too.
    Boy are we going eat today . Aloha Pizza and a cake OOPS WW's will not like me on Thursday. I better walk alot before then:)

14. Alright ladies, What is the secret in cleaning the Flute stone? LOL The cake slipped right out, but there is cake residue all over the flute stone. It's going to take me forever clean it with the scraper.

15. Ginger428

Ginger428 Gold Member

BWAHAHAHAAAAAA........:p

OK..what you could do is...fill it with hot water let it soak for a few, then I usually run my fingers over it to feel for any leftover residue....

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  16. How about the Kitchen Brush (now in Artichoke)

Or in our Kitchen at school we have these Purple sponges Not actually a sponge, kinda like sponge shaped plastic. BUT it works Great:)

17. I use a washcloth that hasn't been in my dishsoap and wipe it out after it has soaked in super hot water. It's much easier than trying to use a scraper in there.

18. raebates

raebates CS Leader Staff Member

That's what I use to clean all my stoneware, except the flat stones.

19. purrbal

purrbal Gold Member

Did you know you can make a cake (box mix) with just a can of soda??? My aunt told me about this trick so I tried it the other night. I used a gingerale w/white cake mix. My dh tells me if you use Verners with vanilla ice cream it is called a Boston Cooler.

Anyway the cake was very moist and full of flavor, no real frosting needed or one that is light flavor. Like a chocolate mixed with a frozen whipped topping to lighten it would be nice or just a berry mix drizzeled over??? It was very good.

I was telling my SIL about it and her WW friend said this went around their meeting a few weeks ago and they used diet cherry cola w/chocolate cake mix. (just thought I would let you know another variation.)

20. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Gold Member

I was taught:
    1 can of pie filling
    3 eggs
    1 cake mik

Mix all together and pour in greased fluted stone. Microwave for 12 mins

is good with a white mix and cherry pie filling.

I have a very large document with all the fluted stone recipes if you want it I can post it. I think I have posted it before though.

21. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Gold Member

what about eggs? or is it just the cake mix and a soda?

22. purrbal

purrbal Gold Member

Yup just cake mix and soda...I was skeptical that is why I tried it and I was amazed. That was why she told me about it we were out of eggs and wanted to make a cake.

23. purrbal

purrbal Gold Member

YOu know for making the cake in the microwave not sure how that would work using the pop but it worked in the oven!

24. Ginger428

Ginger428 Gold Member

I tried this...all it is a can of soda & a cake mix....weird but it works......:cool:

25. purrbal

purrbal Gold Member

Ginger

Did you actually make it with the pop in the microwave? If you did was it same cook time and such?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.