• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Starting a Website: Advice Wanted

In summary, some people think that having a website is a waste of money because they do not generate online individual orders, but others find that it is a great resource tool.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
ok I know there have been many threads about the websites but i am asking anyways...so please bear with me. My husband wants me to get a website next month. I am very hesitant to get one for many reasons. I dont see the point in getting one if we cant advertise we have one...i dont mean link into google or anything. i just mean literally. how often do you get orders from it? does anyone do online catalog shows or bridal shows? I guess my main thing is i I dont want to waste my money and not recieve a single order from it. anyone got any advice or positive thing to say about a webiste? alot of what i have read has been negative towards it. TIA and sorry if this is a repeat questions.

I am so glad that I got mine. Right now I have had 10 orders placed on my website this week for my bridal shower show. They all lived out of town and were unable to attend. Before that I have had 3 orders placed. It is also a great tool for hosts and me to send evites, thank you for attending emails, that I send to everyone who gives me an email address. I think it is so worth it. However that is my opinion, and I am definetely keeping the website. It has already paid for itself, and I have had it since the begining of November. Remember to advertise it at all your shows. Post recipes on there, do a game I saw one consultant who had a word scramble I think I might try that next month. My website is on everything, catalogs flyers, address labels(I make my own). Don't be afraid to look at other peoples sites to get ideas, if they let you. Email me and I will send you my web address so you can check it out. :D

Well this is the other side. I had my website for 6 months and only got 2 orders for a show on it. I told all my hosts about it but it just never amounted to much. As far as the bridal show part. We are getting ready to start the new bridal registry program. All customers will have to do is put in your consultant number at the PC bridal website and you will get all the sales from that. You won't have to have a website of your own. I am very excited about that. A bride will just register her choices and she will then receive cards to hand out with our consultant number on it. This is gonna be a fantastic thing for us all. Once this is up and running I will definetely be hitting all the bridal shops in the area and bridal fairs ($$ permitting). So, that was just my side of it. Some do really well with their website, you will never know till you try and it is not that expensive if it does not work out for you after 6 months.

Great Informational ToolI do not rely on my website to generate online individual orders, but as a great resource tool for my hosts and customers. I do not think it was the intent of the website to be used for individuals ordering. That is just fluff.

I directly all of my customers to my website on all literature I distribute, emails, newsletters, invitations, handouts at shows etc. It is a great place to post what is Hot now and what is coming up, new recipes, quick tips and tricks. It is really a great place for you to be of service to your customers day or night.

I love having my site and will continue to utilitize it as a resource to my client base.

thanks for the input. since its so important to my husband i will probably go ahead and get it. i dont think it will hurt anything. thanks again

Go for it!Monica I think you are making a good decision. When you break it down it is only costing you $6 a month. The more you talk about it the more traffic you will have on it.

I have advertising on my vehicle so sometime at the gas station or something someone will ask for a catalog. For those people I do not like to hand out my catalogs simply because I have no idea what their interest is (are they just curious, are they going to the doctor's office and just want something to read, whatever). So I ask them for THEIR information and give them one of my cards with my website on it. I follow up with them in about 2 days.

I also have an ad in our local paper. In the paper I have my website (don't freak out ladies I am well within the guidelines). It is a once a week local thing and I get at least 1 call a week with an order from it. It has been a wonderful source of local leads. The first time they order they usually call me, but after the first time they will order from my website. I tell them all the features and benefits during our first call.

Couple of thingsI have a website and I love it. We just invested in it in December. I have had so much fun setting it up and making it my own. I just set up my first show on it, and can't wait to do more! I can tell you that, like everything else with TPC, a website will do only what you let it do. If you don't coach your hosts on how to use it, if you don't make it fun and exciting, and if you don't let everyone know (more than once) that you even have it, chances are you aren't going to get anything. My first recruit got hers right away a year and a half ago, and loves it. She gets orders on it all the time. Check out my website at www.pamperedchef.biz/nuebel and let me know what you think!

On the subject of the Bridal Registry, it's my understanding from my Advanced Director (who was at Leadership), that the registry will only be available IF YOU HAVE A PERSONAL WEBSITE. I just double checked, and that is the case. So, for the Bridal Registry alone, I definitely say go for it!

We just did a Bridal Expo and decorated our booth all bridal-like. Gold, and Silver, and White. We did the SA cake (large platter, with upside down large bowl, medium bowl, and small bowl stacked, decorated with ribbon and flowers), and did soaps using the Creative Cutters (glycerin soap, melted, with fragrance (we used lavender), place cutters on large platter, pour in soap and let it sit...so cute!). We had other little touches. I have 10 bride leads myself. So many people don't realize that TPC customizes for the Bride, and with the new Bridal Registry, it's only going to get better!

Happy Selling!

I found this in KCNCouples interested in registering with The Pampered Chef® can access
the registry from your Personal Web Site or The Pampered Chef® Web
site, where they’ll find a link that takes them to our Wedding Registry
page. There, they’ll learn about Registry Rewards. Every couple who
registers can either choose a Consultant, or one will be assigned to
them through the lead system. Consultants will earn commission from
the sales of the registry! It’s a great source for booking and recruiting
leads, too.

wow i never realized how useful it could be. i am definately going to get one now and see how it goes. i have several customers who dont want to host a show but at the shows they go to they always spend at least 40-50 dollars or more. they might order more if they had a chance to at there own free will?? hhhmmmm got me thinking now...lol...thanks again for everyones time!!

websiteI just have to input about shopping online. Every time I receive an invitation to attend someone's party, from whatever company, if they show a website I always get online to check it out. Especially if I have not ever heard about that company. I like to know what I am getting into and to check out the products. That way if I am really interested in something I can ask the consultant about it.

So I am sure that I am not the only one in this world that does this. I can really see how it boosts sales for customers who are like me! Besides, I think our websites are easy to look around at. I have been on some impossible sites before!

I will give a piece of unsolicited advice for when you first get a website, set up a fictitious show and act like the host and play around with the different features. That way you feel more confident when you are talking to your hosts about what they can do! :)

New to us in the UK in AprilWe just found out at our cluster meeting that we will get this facility in the UK in April. Although I am very excited about this, I don't know much about it yet. Do I take it we can't advertise our web-site? PC is not known really in the North of England where I am. Very few people have heard of us before the show, so I am not sure how much use a web-site would be to me straight away. I send out a monthly newsletter now, but don't get much feed-back from it. Can you tell from your web-site how many "hits" you have had?

Yvonne

Yvonne said:
We just found out at our cluster meeting that we will get this facility in the UK in April. Although I am very excited about this, I don't know much about it yet. Do I take it we can't advertise our web-site? PC is not known really in the North of England where I am. Very few people have heard of us before the show, so I am not sure how much use a web-site would be to me straight away. I send out a monthly newsletter now, but don't get much feed-back from it. Can you tell from your web-site how many "hits" you have had?

Yvonne

The thing about advertising your website is you cannot link to your website from somewhere else on the web. You can advertise on paper just the same. So if you did mailings or post boards and things like that. You just cannot put it on a search engine.

Really the only way you can provide a link is through your e-mail. So if you do an e-mail newsletter in the e-mail you can provide a link to your website. I have mine in my signature on my e-mail so whoever I e-mail can click on my link and go directly to my website.

Unfortunately there is no feature to tell us how many hits we have had on our website. I have asked home office about it and maybe they will take it into consideration in the future? I hope so because that would show to me if I need to do something different if people do not visit my site.

I do think it is worth it to get a website. It is a tool to help your hosts and many other features. It may or may not be hard getting going to get people to see it but search around on this site to see great ideas! :D

Some more advice....I've had a website since the beginning (@4mo.)... no on-line orders - yet.
But, I think it's definately worth the small amount of $... I just wish we had a bit more available to us on the site, like more options for pix, view counter, backgrounds, animation, some design reorganization, etc.

My Director has said to keep looking... Look at everyone's website. Gather ideas, games, prizes, etc. Everyone does it ~ it's ok to share & steal ideas!

Put YOUR face on the front page! People like to see who they are dealing with..

Check out: http://www.pamperedchef.biz/chrismanion & /randypeachtree...
they are great sites & top sellers!

If you need help or want to learn w/ setting it up, how it works, ideas, info, brainstorming, etc; there is a WEB CONFERENCE CALL scheduled for 2/28 9:00 pm EST. If you'd like to listen in, please email [email protected] and ask her to send you the password and phone number. I'm pretty good w/ a computer and I learned A LOT the first time in conference. It's free, except for the long distance phone charges. Runs 1 hr.

Good luck!

[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/chefkerip

I also have an ad in the local newspaper but I didn't put my website because the paper is also online. Would that still be in the guidelines?

Careful with links...chefkeri,
Be careful.. the links you put in your post will get you a call and a threat from Richard Laiche et al. at the home office... They'll threaten to turn off your website for putting links on your post. Now granted, I think you should put links, along with everyone else putting links in their posts. There are thousands of PC websites and if everyone just started linking its not like they can fire everyone... but... just be aware that the Quest against the Reps folks will soon be calling..
Good luck!
Seth

(Just answering the OP's post; haven't read through everything else) In the last 3 or 4 months, I have gotten at least 2 web orders for every show. In host coaching, I teach my hosts how to collect outside orders, figure the tax, etc., but always end by saying, "Now the easiest way to do this is to just send your friends to my website. They put in your name, see everything and decide what they want, and the tax is figured for them. They can even put it on their credit card right then and be done with it." and on the invitations, I put "Even if you're not able to attend, you can still support [host's] party by placing your order at www."mysite" One internet order will win a special prize!"

Seth~Thanks for the FYI.... I keep forgetting where, when & how.... :mad:

Here's me going to change my signature ..... AGAIN! :eek:

website...I found in the past with another DSA that my website led to two recruits. I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF as everything for both hosts/hostesses/consultant's etc is so reasonably priced.

MY other former DSA charged 10.00/month. so 72.00/yr is GREAT, and even though there's new limitations (which believe it or not, I totally understand) there's so much more on our websites, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

LIZ

monica_sweetconsultant said:
thanks for the input. since its so important to my husband i will probably go ahead and get it. i dont think it will hurt anything. thanks again

I did go ahead and get one. it was fun but scary setting it up for me alone!! i'm always afraid of killing my computer!! anyways since then, my mother in Ga. is doing a catalog/online show for me, i have one definate bridal registry thing that is happening with a possible 2 more!! i really think its the website doing it. i have begged my mom for almost a year to do a show for me and she wouldnt. she saw my website and that she could do it online and agreed. the wedding registry, the girls family lives out of state so now they can order as well!! i am really excited about it and so far so good with it!!

Help with websiteI am having trouble with my new website and I don't know where to go for help. I am so frustrated with the websites. :confused: I can't find a quick link to ask for help either. There is a big white spot in the middle of my website and I can't seem to get a picture there or anything. My upline have different websites then I do.

I want to start using it but I feel like I am wasting my time and energy with it. Any help that could be offered is greatly apprecaited.

I posted here but I am computer iliterate becuase I can't figure out how to get back to where I replied. :(

This is what I have so far http://www.pamperedchef.biz/christolskitchen
Thank you to any and everyone that can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Christol

Christol,

I just sent you an email re your website.

Up until the past 6 months, my website did not generate much for me. (This is my own fault, as I was not promoting it!!)

Now, it is listed on all of my catalogs...I am talking it up to my hosts during host coaching...and I am adding it to the invitations that I mail out. What I do is make up an address size label with the party info on it:

Sally Host
March 15th at 2:00
123 Main Street
RSVP: 555-555-5555
Not able to attend? Place an order on Sallys Show!
www.pamperedchef.biz/KellysPage

Now, I am getting 1-3 orders per show through my website!

What is the first step to starting a website?

The first step to starting a website is to determine your website's purpose and target audience. This will help you choose a domain name and design your website accordingly.

Do I need coding experience to create a website?

No, you do not need coding experience to create a website. There are many website builders and platforms that offer drag-and-drop features and customizable templates for easy website creation.

How much does it cost to start a website?

The cost of starting a website can vary depending on your needs and preferences. You can use a free website builder or platform, or opt for a paid plan with more features and customization options. You will also need to consider the cost of a domain name and web hosting.

What should I include on my website?

Your website should include essential pages such as a homepage, about page, contact page, and any relevant pages for your products or services. You should also include high-quality images, clear and concise content, and a user-friendly design.

How can I make my website stand out?

To make your website stand out, focus on creating unique and engaging content, use high-quality images and videos, and ensure that your website has a user-friendly design. Additionally, consider implementing search engine optimization strategies to improve your website's visibility and reach.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered_chef_amber
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
luv2cookathome
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kpiemonte
  • milkangel