• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did a Simple Act of Kindness Earn Me a Wahoo High Five at the Airport?

In summary, a lady at the Denver airport was over the limit by 20 pounds and had no cash. I helped her by giving her my new red Pampered Chef shopping sack which she put her things in. She had a conversation with me and I am now in possesion of her contact info.
lockhartkitchen
I was on my way home at the Denver airport. The lady in front of me was over the limit on her suitcase by 20 pounds. She had no cash, and they wouldn't take a credit card. I thought quickly. I asked if she needed something to put her things in. She said yes. I quickly opened my suitcase, emptied my new red Pampered Chef shopping sack and handed it to the lady. I gave her my business card and asked her to share with others who she got the bag from. While waiting at security, I saw Jean and shared with her my story. She high fived me!

Jean JONAS? You go girl!

Woo HOO! That is a great story!

Waah hooo!

Great story! I bet we'll se it in an upcoming edition of the CN!

That's too cool!!! Way to help out and to be quick with the thinking there!!

very cool!!

WAHOO!! way to go!

Nice job!! WOOHOO!

Quick Thinking! I can see unlimited possibilities with those bags!

so very cool!

Not only a nice thing to do, but a great business move! You scored a double!

lockhartkitchen said:
She had no cash, and they wouldn't take a credit card.

They wouldn't take a credit card? The airlines? Wow, that's something I thought I'd never see. What is this cash only airline, Hooterville Express? lol

EpTxGuy said:
They wouldn't take a credit card? The airlines? Wow, that's something I thought I'd never see. What is this cash only airline, Hooterville Express? lol

That is odd...lot of times people won't take cash! They mumble about not being able to make change and how everyone uses cards 'cause it's the 21st century.

What are we coming to? :p

sweet! way to turn someone's problem into an opportunity!

Great idea!

That was some quick thinking on your part. Way to go!

That's great!
A friend of mine was in line at the airport behind Marla & Jane & was suprised they were flying coach:)

Coach?! Well, they are very down to earth people. The price of first class is horrifying, but I can't see them not having enough miles to be bumped up to first class...

Way to go! That is some fast thinking!

Way to think on your feet. Waaahooo!

That is AWESOME!! GREAT thinking on your part. It's a great reason to carry a couple of those things around with you. You never know when those bags will come in handy!

Way to go Julie!
Now I wasn't that far in front of you why did I NOT see her too?

Wow...I'm just a little jealous that you got to touch her...I totally have a girl crush on her! LOL!!!!

lockhartkitchen said:
I was on my way home at the Denver airport. The lady in front of me was over the limit on her suitcase by 20 pounds. She had no cash, and they wouldn't take a credit card. I thought quickly. I asked if she needed something to put her things in. She said yes. I quickly opened my suitcase, emptied my new red Pampered Chef shopping sack and handed it to the lady. I gave her my business card and asked her to share with others who she got the bag from. While waiting at security, I saw Jean and shared with her my story. She high fived me!

New Red PC Shopping sack??? What is this???

My team LOVED the bag!! I am so stoked about it!!! I went to Target today with my son and he said "mom, you should have brought your PC bag to carry stuff in". He was right--it is staying in my car!!!

The shopping bags you see at most stores for about $1 to carry your groceries in- this is a bag that we all received at leadership. They will be available to purchase on our supply list 5 for 6.50. Great deal! And yes it was THE Jean! Michelle, how did you miss her? I'll let you all know if anything comes about it. If anything, I did a good deed. I was sooo stoked after leaving leadership. I really "went outside my box". I had a 30 minute conversation with a lady sitting in the airport, about the business opportunity and hosting a catalog show. She was relunctant to give me her information, but she has my catalog and email. She said she would email me. I had a show Sunday after returning late Saturday night. I had 3 people interested in the business. If any of you haven't figured out the $$ a new consultant can earn right now, I've figured it out:

In First 30 days:
4 shows $100
$1250 sales $100
current new recruit special $100
recruit a friend $150
current special $100
$550!!!! Now if that's not a reason to start?

They weren't all ready to start now. They asked me to contact them in 2 weeks, after having time to talk to each other more. I sent out play money $575 and asked what products they would like?

Wow how awesome is that!!! I love that we will be able to buy the shopping bags!!! WAHOO!!! What a wonderful Hostess gift too!!!! Double WAHOO!!! SO SO SO EXCITED!!!! I can't wait to order everything!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the COMMISSION on the $1250, which is $300 when you figure in the additional percentage for getting that level. (Isn't it 24 percent?)

Good point about the commission. I'll add that in for the show on Saturday. I'm so excited! My new recruit has her first show on Saturday. She's focusing on the recipe and I'm doing the recruiting and special section of the show for her. Her host just lost her job and asked her about the PC. If she signs, I'm on my way with my downline.

plus the $25 recruiting bonus

I thought of that too at first, but remembered you have to be a senior consultant (means you already have at least one recruit) before the $25 recruiting bonus starts.

lockhartkitchen said:
I thought of that too at first, but remembered you have to be a senior consultant (means you already have at least one recruit) before the $25 recruiting bonus starts.

I thought it was $25 for consultants too?

lockhartkitchen said:

Yes, but I think that's just semantics....because titles are given and everything is paid the month you earn it now and not the month after.....so as soon as your recruit qualifies you are a Senior Consultant which means that YES, you will get that $25 bonus.....sweet!

pamperedlinda said:
Yes, but I think that's just semantics....because titles are given and everything is paid the month you earn it now and not the month after.....so as soon as your recruit qualifies you are a Senior Consultant which means that YES, you will get that $25 bonus.....sweet!

Also - and I need to re-read everything - but I'm not sure if your recruits have to be qualified before you recieve the titles Senior Conultant or Team Leader....anyone know for sure? I'll read-up on it later today.

I don't think so Linda.....even for director! You just have to have active lines. I could be wrong, but I think that's right.

That's what I'm thinking Lacy....it's a bit confusing.

This is for you Julie!

Breakfast at McDonald's

This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way through until the end! (After the story, there are some very interesting facts!):

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree.
The last class I had to take was Sociology.
The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with.
Her last project of the term was called, 'Smile.'
The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions.
I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway. So, I thought this would be a piece of cake,
literally.
Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.
It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son.
We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then
even my husband did.
I did not move an inch... an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved.
As I turned around I smelled a horrible 'dirty body' smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men.
As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was 'smiling'
His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance.
He said, 'Good day' as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.
The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.
I held my tears as I stood there with them.
The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted.
He said, 'Coffee is all Miss' because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).
Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes.
That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging
my every action.
I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray.
I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.
He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, 'Thank you.'
I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, 'I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope.'
I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, 'That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope..'
We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.
We are not church goers, but we are believers.
That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet lo ve.
I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand.
I turned in 'my project' and the instructor read it.
Then she looked up at me and said, 'Can I share this?'
I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.
She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and being part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed.
In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my son,the instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.
I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:
UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

lockhartkitchen said:

That was so nice of you. I am sure the lady apprecaite it and was touched by your kindness.

Thanks John for sharing. Great story.

It shows you how far a "good soul" can go. You have now set your destiny for some time. All good deeds as they say. And you were very generous of your self. That takes a special person. So WAAA HOOO to you Julie!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Also - and I need to re-read everything - but I'm not sure if your recruits have to be qualified before you recieve the titles Senior Conultant or Team Leader....anyone know for sure? I'll read-up on it later today.

No, the term "qualified" no longer exists. You are active or you are not. Now, most incentives will require doing $1250 and that's when you as the recruiter are awarded trip points. But there is no longer a qualification requirement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • cheflorraine
  • General Chat
Replies