Verizon discount

Discussion in 'Chef's Lounge' started by Intrepid_Chef, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Silver Member

OK, I know we have discounts through Sprint, but their service stinks around here ... Verizon, however, gives Pampered Chef consultants a 12 percent dscount. Take your pay stub into the store and they will set you up! (My store kept bugging me for a PC e-mail address, which we don't have, but entered the consultant ID anyway.)

It's not much (enough to pay the insurance) but hey, I'll take what I can get.

2. GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach Silver Member

How'd you find this out? I've got Verizon and would LOVE to save money any way I can :)

3. Intrepid_Chef

I went and got my NEW verizon phone today.

When I told the guy that my work used to provide me with a phone until it broke, he asked where I worked and if they were on Verizon. I said no but that I worked for Pampered Chef too, and they gave a cel phone discount for Sprint. He looked it up on his computer.

Just print a pay stub and take it in. Tell them you know a consultant in Akron, Ohio who was given a discount. You don't have to have a Pampered Chef e-mail account (which is one of the ways they look it up) no matter how many times they ask for it!

4. Inquiring minds are interested in more information--please tell!

5. I guess we typed at the same time.

6. I asked them once before and they said no. I guess I'll have to go check again.

7. I have Sprint... what kind of discount do we get? Where can I find the info - is it on CC somewhere or do I just need to call or go into a store? I would love to have a cheaper bill!

8. Intrepid_Chef

It is on consultant's corner under Pampered Perks.

I am guessing that Verizon found out about the Sprint discount and that they decided to match it. I think you have to go to the store because that is how I found out about it.

9. lkprescott

lkprescott Silver Member

Go to the Pampered Perks part of CC. You do it entirely online and it shows up on your bill within 2 billing cycles.

10. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Gold Member

Thank you for this news. It is the first time I heard about it, and I have
    a daughter working for Verizon cellphone customer service.

11. Flamingo

Flamingo Gold Member

thanks.........................

12. {*mandy*}

{*mandy*} Gold Member

I did that and still don't see Verizon on there, only Sprint.

13. that was an answer for the person who wanted to know about the sprint discount.

14. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Gold Member

So I can go to my Verizon store tommorrow with my sample check and a business card and get a 12% discount?? Well with 5 cell phones on my account and unlimited texting on all 5 I could save 30 dollars a month - Hmmm - more shopping money for me!!

15. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Gold Member

We already have a discount for Verizon because Dh works for the government......

We are switching though to AT&T when my contract ends next year...

16. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Gold Member

Nice deal Erin!!!

Why the switch though?

17. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Gold Member

The coverage for Verizon is not very good here! DH's phone very rarely worked so he went ahead and got an I-Phone. We still have a year left on the Verizon plan and my phone works 95% of the time. We gave DH's phone to DS for now. When our plan is up we will all be on At&T...I will be getting an I-Phone and whatever we get for DS will be discounted as well. But At&T does not offer a Govt discount for I-Phone plans..............

18. Intrepid_Chef

At least Verizon pro-rates the fee you have to pay to get out of your contract if you have to leave early.

My dad has AT&T ... coverage is OK with them too ... but there were more freebies with Verizon and more people I know on that network. (Including my director.)

The Verizon discount isn't on CC ... just Sprint, so yeah, I'd take the pay stub/sample check in and tell them another consultant is getting a discount, Pamperedor! If they offer you a smaller discount, tell them the other consultant is getting 12 percent. I wish mine totaled $30 but alas ... I am on the low-rate budget plan.

19. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Gold Member

Ok - I went today - AND YES - we get a 12% discount - Just bring your sample check and they do the rest - the only glitch is the account HAS TO BE IN YOUR NAME - not DH - And - its good up to 5 lines on that account - Cha Ching!!~

20. Karen

Karen Gold Member

I also went to Verizon today to confirm the discount. If you don't want to go to the store, you can do the following (when at the store, they still told me that I had to do this):

Consultants can go to www.verizonwireless.com/getdiscounts When you
    scroll down it will ask for your work email and you just scroll down
    farther and click on "I don't have one" since we don't have a specific
    PC email address. This will take you to a form that needs to be filled
    out. Once you fill the form out, (it will ask for the company address
    and I just used Pampered Chef, 1 Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL
    60101)click Next and then a pop-up window will come up that is the
    completed form that you need to fax. Fax the completed form with a copy
    of your commission statement to 1-800-711-7788. It will take 1-2
    billing cycles for the discount to show up.

It took less than 1 hour and I had an email in my regular email (where I have my Verizon statments sent to) confirming that the discount was approved and that it would be 12%. I also read somewhere that we get the 12% discount on accessories as well. I guess the discount would show up when you check out at the store if you buy accessories, such as bluetooths?

Let me know if you have any questions.

21. thanks so much for this info.....................

22. Intrepid_Chef

12 percent off accessories too?

I just paid $50 for a bluetooth package ... they didn't give me a discount on anything!

23. Paula R. Lewis

Paula R. Lewis Gold Member

Ok, my husband and son share a Verizon account, but I've not gotten a cell phone as of yet. Is there a charge to change the account to be put under my name, so they can get the discount?

With my husband not working right now, all discounts would be great for us!!

Thanks,
    Paula

24. Intrepid_Chef

I'd talk to your rep ... every little bit helps. And plus, that means your phone is a tax write-off.

25. letscook04

letscook04 Gold Member

No, there is no charge to swich the account into your name. I just did it.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.