• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning Your First Vendor Fair: Bookings, Recruiting & Wedding Registry

In the middle of the four flyers (which were put in stands), I had the three tiered SA stand with a bowl on the top and two plates on the bottom. In the top I put the HWC pins to promote that, then in the plates I put candy. I bought $1 a yard fabric at Walmart in the spring colors, and used double sided tape to attach it to the table (one color as
reesefamily5
Hello,

I have a vendor fair coming up in April. I want to focus on three main things: Bookings, Recruiting, and the Wedding Registry.

I will have a door prize box. Probally a gift certificate that can be made bigger by hosting a show. ( I haven't decided on the amounts yet.) And of course a Free Cooking Show.

For the wedding registry I will Decorate my Three Tiered Stand and have information available about the registry.

Do you have catalogs or old catalogs available for people? I don't plan on pushing orders, but if someone does order that is fine with me.:)

Do you have any suggestions especially for how to promote the opportunity at this vendor fair?

How about bookings? How about food. I haven't decided if I will make something for people to sample. Or what I would make either.

Any suggestions for anything about vendor fairs would be great. This is my first one! Thanks

vendor fairs..are great for promoting your business! I just did a ladies fair a few weeks ago with 2 other consultants & got tons of leads:D
We decided to save some money, we gave out the mini catalogs with the new spring products. Since alot of people that attend these events might not want a catalog anyway.(not sure why not!) Then on our prize slip they could mark if they'd like a full size catalog, then we'd mail them one. On the slip we also put "I'm interested in...."cooking show, catalog show, (month & yes, maybe, no), earning money as consultant, wedding registry, shower, fundraising....basically it was a big survey asking about all our services, but everyone filled it out! The only thing now is that dreaded 'phone followup'!
As far as food, I usually don't mess with it. Seems like these events usually have refreshments already, so I don't bother. We had the new products on display, the items in the starter kit, and flyers with the host special products for the next couple of months. That took up most of our booth space-not sure where we'd of put food if we'd made it.
I'm not good enough with computers, or I'd attach our prize slip. My husband can help do it if you'd like it though.
Best of luck:)

Could you e-mail it to me? my e-mail is [email protected]

reesefamily5 said:
Could you e-mail it to me? my e-mail is [email protected]

I will send it to you at lunch today, when my hubby can make sure I do it right:)

Our booths...recruiting specificallyMy AD does these for us all the time. I really liked the idea posted about having "I would like a full sized catalog" on the drawing slip...allows for future contact.

One thing we always do is have a toaster oven. In the small bar pan, we roll out chocolate cookie dough (from a large tub bought at Cosco or Sam's). The fresh baked cookie smell always brings them by...we cut them into 1 inch squares to stay in compliance with the health department. A lot of people ask what makes our cookies so good...which leads to a stoneware conversation!

At the last one I did by myself, it was a "job fair". I put out the attached four flyers (which were made in Publisher, but I attached as JPEGs...if you want them in publisher, please email me at [email protected] and I will send them).

In the middle of the four flyers (which were put in stands), I had the three tiered SA stand with a bowl on the top and two plates on the bottom. In the top I put the HWC pins to promote that, then in the plates I put candy. I bought $1 a yard fabric at Walmart in the spring colors, and used double sided tape to attach it to the table (one color as skirt, another color on top...was a small table, so couldn't use the third). It looked really nice, and grabbed a lot of attention without being too crowded.

I had five really interested, two who signed, 1 who will, one who decided not, and 1 I am still working with. So, it was definitely worth it!

Sorry so long, hope this is helpful to you.

Couldn't post in JPEGI couldn't post in JPEG...too big! So, we'll reverse the previous...I'm posting in Publisher. If you want them in JPEG, I can email them to you...

[email protected]

I also had pre-made recruiting packets, with:
  1. "Don't Wake Me If I'm Dreaming" flyer
  2. "Imagine More" brochure
  3. "No Risk Factor" flyer
  4. "$100 Comparison" flyer
  5. "Congratulations" brochure (with SS info)
  6. Business Card
  7. Catalog

I got each of these flyers off of this totally AWESOME site from you great guys and gals.

I also had each of these items on the table, but had a packet I could hand to a potential recruit after talking to them and setting up a follow up call.

Yada, yada, yada, sorry so long...

Attachments

• SS Month 1 Flyer.pub
    87.5 KB · Views: 369
  • SS Month 2 Flyer final.pub
    87.5 KB · Views: 236
  • SS Month 3 Flyer final.pub
    88 KB · Views: 253
  • SS Banks.pub
    170 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
I can't open those would you mind e-mailing them. Thank you very much. [email protected]

The little cream puffs are easy to make and it would be easy to jam out 100 of them... prolly cost you less than $10 even if you made the real whipped cream. And they are very impressive looking and tasting.

Emma

Posting as "Zip" FilesAlrighty, then. I think I have this figured out. I have saved these as "jpeg" files, so anyone should be able to open them. I am posting them as a "zip" file. Once you have saved the "zip" file to your computer, you will need to "unzip" it, hehehehehehe, and let it expand :p (first part from me...after hubby shook his head and said "gutter", he came up with the second...)

Anyways!!! Go to "My Documents", or "My Computer", whichever one you use, and open the zipped folder. Then, on the menu on the left, click on "Extract All Files". Your system will then create a new folder that you can open the documents from.

Confused? You won't be after the next episode of "Soap"...ooops, wait a minute...flash back...

Confused? Email me at [email protected], and I will do what I can to help.

If you still can't open them, I will try to send them individually to you...they are too large to send as a group. Again, just email me.

Attachments

• Recruit Flyers Zipped.zip
    541.4 KB · Views: 574
Ideas For Wedding - Fairs - ExposI just completed my first Business Expo and received a TON of good replies! Here's what I did:

1.) On 6' table I had a lot of the Spring items and big sellers (chopper, saute' skillet-Executive,woven platter, etc). Also, some Cash & Carry.(nice maroon table cloth from Dollar General $5 - Illinois people...)

2.) On a reg. card table (nice ivory table cloth from Dollar General $5 - Illinois people...) I set it up specifically for wedding info. I decorated the stainless bowls into a wedding cake and with the 3 tier stand with flowers and candy (see attached). Sign in front (4x6 photo frame) "Ask me about Pampered Chef's NEW On-Line Wedding Registry & Pampered Bride Shows!" (I'm still using old name).

3.) I then printed drawing slips (see attached) and purchased a large plastic Cognac looking glass - they have them at Walmart right now (it's like the size of a round fish bowl) to put slips in.

4.) I also made up a Wedding Registry/Bridal show sheet for potential brides to fill out. (see attached)

5.) My first questions is always "Are you familiar with Pampered Chef?"

6.) I handed out MINI Catalogs (unless they asked for the reg.one), along with my business card (which I laid on both tables) AND also made out recipe cards (from Nancy's Artwork) for my favorite Taco Tartletts (which say Compliments of Angel Crawford -with my phone#). The recipes came in handy because it's like a business card in their recipe file & I sold mini tart pans/shapers!

7.) If they are not interested in a FREE SHOW (which is what my drawing slips are for), I ask them to just fill out the slip and I'll send them a newsletter (premade from www.tastytidbits.com - TOO EASY! - if you subscribe to tasty tidbits, tell them Angel Crawford sent ya!).

8.) Also, make sure to take time to visit the other vendors and give them a chance at a FREE show/MINI catalog. I didn't get to this time, but will next time.

Now, I'm trying to follow up with all my leads! Does anyone have a "After Expo/Fair script"? I'm kinda gun shy after talking so much this past weekend

I hope this helps!!

Attachments

• IM003095.JPG
    IM003095.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 509
  • IM003100.jpg
    IM003100.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 509
  • Door Prize Slips.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 949
  • WEDDING REGIST.BRIDE INFO.doc
    82 KB · Views: 654
How do you all found out where and when these Fairs are?

I don't think we're allowed to serve any food (probaly store purchased wrapped candy is ok). Check your handbook, but because we don't have catering licensing, we can't serve food at these fairs, only demonstrate. You could have some baby carrots on hand for people to try the chopper, or garlic to try the garlic press. However, then you end up with a ton of squished garlic and your booth is pretty stinky. The APCS is always a fun demo, but once again, you end up with a ton of browning apples. I've had the most luck with not using food and just displaying the products and materials and speaking with people.

One good suggestion, but a few mini clip boards so people have some space to fill out the door prize surveys without trying to squish on the corner of your display table. Also, use pen flags with one-liners and your contact information. If they end up "stealing" your pen, at least they have some subliminal pressure and your number to call when they can't resist booking or signing up!

When following up with survey slips, I always sort by location and start with the customers closest to my house. That way I'm booking shows closest to my house as first priority. It would be smart to "role-play" a call with your director before you begin calling the leads. And be sure to start calling as soon as you get home from the fair!

nikked said:
My AD does these for us all the time. I really liked the idea posted about having "I would like a full sized catalog" on the drawing slip...allows for future contact.

One thing we always do is have a toaster oven. In the small bar pan, we roll out chocolate cookie dough (from a large tub bought at Cosco or Sam's). The fresh baked cookie smell always brings them by...we cut them into 1 inch squares to stay in compliance with the health department. A lot of people ask what makes our cookies so good...which leads to a stoneware conversation!

At the last one I did by myself, it was a "job fair". I put out the attached four flyers (which were made in Publisher, but I attached as JPEGs...if you want them in publisher, please email me at [email protected] and I will send them).

In the middle of the four flyers (which were put in stands), I had the three tiered SA stand with a bowl on the top and two plates on the bottom. In the top I put the HWC pins to promote that, then in the plates I put candy. I bought $1 a yard fabric at Walmart in the spring colors, and used double sided tape to attach it to the table (one color as skirt, another color on top...was a small table, so couldn't use the third). It looked really nice, and grabbed a lot of attention without being too crowded.

I had five really interested, two who signed, 1 who will, one who decided not, and 1 I am still working with. So, it was definitely worth it!

Sorry so long, hope this is helpful to you.

Where do you find out about job fairs?

1. How can I secure bookings for my first vendor fair?

One of the best ways to secure bookings for your first vendor fair is to reach out to your existing network of friends, family, and acquaintances. Let them know about the event and invite them to come and support you. You can also use social media and online platforms to promote the event and reach a wider audience. Additionally, consider offering special incentives or discounts for attendees who book with you at the fair.

2. What is the best way to recruit new customers at a vendor fair?

At a vendor fair, it's important to stand out and engage with potential customers. Have attractive displays and samples that will draw people in and make them curious about your products. Offer product demonstrations and let people try out your products. You can also offer a raffle or giveaway to collect contact information from interested customers and follow up with them after the event.

3. How can I make my wedding registry stand out at a vendor fair?

To make your wedding registry stand out at a vendor fair, consider creating a visually appealing display that showcases some of your most popular and unique products. You can also offer a special promotion or discount for couples who register with you at the fair. Additionally, make sure to have plenty of information available for attendees to take with them, such as brochures or business cards.

4. How far in advance should I start planning for a vendor fair?

It's best to start planning for a vendor fair at least 2-3 months in advance. This will give you enough time to secure a spot at the event, prepare your displays and materials, and promote the event to your network and potential customers. It's also important to stay organized and keep track of important deadlines and details leading up to the fair.

5. What are some tips for a successful first vendor fair?

Some tips for a successful first vendor fair include: being well-prepared with attractive displays and plenty of information, engaging with attendees and making personal connections, offering special promotions or incentives, and following up with potential customers after the event. It's also important to have a positive attitude and be open to learning from the experience to improve for future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
SuzanneWehrman
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Niki Kate