• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ultimate Mandoline: Best Tool for Cutting Strawberries for Trifle?

In summary, the Ultimate Mandoline is a versatile tool that can be used to slice, julienne, and grate a variety of fruits and vegetables such as strawberries, cucumbers, carrots, and zucchini. It has an adjustable knob for customizing the thickness of the slices and is dishwasher safe, although hand washing is recommended for best results. However, due to the sharp blades, it is not recommended for children to use without adult supervision and proper training. To use the mandoline for cutting strawberries, simply secure it to a stable surface, place the strawberries in the slicing blade, and glide the mandoline over them while using the hand guard to protect your fingers.
bridgetbakes
Has anyone used the Ultimate Mandoline for cutting strawberries? Any idea which blade would work better?

I am making a chocolate/strawberry trifle in May and would much rather promote the UM over the Egg Slicer!

I've never tried it, but I would think they'd get too squishy. You could always mention the UM when using the Egg Slicer. Talk about some of our other cutting tools--cutlery, UM, etc.

bring a potato and do a quick demo, talking about how great the UM is for summer veggies and grilling--potatoes, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, cukes for veggie trays, etc.

Try it at home first to see if it will work. What you can do is get less ripe strawberries and then marinate them in a bit of sugar to get the juices going and the sweetness increased.Let us know what happens!

I've used it with whole frozen fresh strawberries. Worked like a charm and no messy juice.

1. How do I use the Ultimate Mandoline to cut strawberries for trifle?

To use the Ultimate Mandoline for cutting strawberries for trifle, first secure the mandoline to a stable surface. Then, place the strawberries into the slicing blade and glide the mandoline over the strawberries to create even slices. Make sure to use the hand guard to protect your fingers.

2. Can I adjust the thickness of the slices when using the Ultimate Mandoline?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline has an adjustable knob that allows you to customize the thickness of the slices. Simply turn the knob to your desired thickness before slicing the strawberries.

3. Is the Ultimate Mandoline dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the product.

4. What other fruits or vegetables can I use the Ultimate Mandoline for?

The Ultimate Mandoline is versatile and can be used for a variety of fruits and vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, and more. It can also be used for julienning and grating, making it a versatile tool in the kitchen.

5. Is the Ultimate Mandoline safe for children to use?

We recommend adult supervision when using the Ultimate Mandoline, as the blades are extremely sharp. It is not recommended for children to use without proper supervision and training.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies