• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad Spinner Ruined by Dishwasher: Anyone Else Experience This Issue?

In summary, a customer's bowl and colander warped after many uses and the dishwasher did not fit it properly.
makeawhisk
I just ran the bowl and colander through the dishwasher for the first time, and the bowl is completely ruined! It's all warped around the edges--not just ugly but the lid will not fit. I loved this thing, too--already threw out my old salad spinner!

Has anyone else had this issue? I just went back to the Use & Care booklet and it absolutely says "Bowl and Colanders are dishwasher-safe"

Was going to use it at my show today also...

Ugh! I'm so mad right now! I already filed the product adjustment...Just needed to vent.

I don't have that problem, but I NEVER use the high-temp wash or the heated dry cycle. Not only do I save on my electric bill, but the heating element in the dishwasher is usually the culprit when things get melted....

I'm usually home when I run my dishwasher so when it hits the dry cycle, I turn it off and open the door to let out the steamy air. The dishes dry in a few minutes when I do this.

If there's some qualifier or temp that it's not dishwasher safe or whatever, the insert should say so. This item is not cheap!

I agree. I was just sayin... Because I don't use the high temperatures I don't have to worry about anything that is "top rack" only either. Makes my life a lot easier.

Call HO and and see if they will replace it. Usually it will say top rack only if it is heat sensitive. I never put mine in the dishwasher. It takes up too much room and is never really dirty.

lt1jane said:
I agree. I was just sayin... Because I don't use the high temperatures I don't have to worry about anything that is "top rack" only either. Makes my life a lot easier.

I know...didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I'm really ticked about this! Shouldn't take it out on other cheffers though. ;-) It's a good idea, actually.

I recently had a customer with the same issue & HO replaced it for her.

makeawhisk said:
I know...didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I'm really ticked about this! Shouldn't take it out on other cheffers though. ;-) It's a good idea, actually.

I didn't take it personally and I understand your frustration. You're right, if it was heat sensitive, it should say "top rack" only and it doesn't. I had a similar frustration a few weeks ago. I bought the Pineapple wedger when it first came out. After many pineapples, the welds broke in February. I bought a new one and the welds failed a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting for my replacement right now. They have the old one, but it hasn't shipped yet.

I did it with my QSP. The edge of it warped because it was kind of pressed against one of the tines. Then DH dropped and cracked it before I could get an adjustment done...

That happened to a customer of mine just last month...I called HO and they replaced it but she had to send the warped one in.
I never run mine through the DW, I think it's way too big.

chefsteph07 said:
That happened to a customer of mine just last month...I called HO and they replaced it but she had to send the warped one in.

Same for me, but glad to know this could happen! I usually handwash all large items because I'd rather wash 1-2 BIG bowls or pans and put the 10-15 LITTLE items in the dishwasher. ;) But I'll have to tell my mom for when she gets one. She hates to handwash anything.

Sorry to hear this! I put everything BUT the top in the FS ALL the time and have never had a problem?!?!

I had this happen to a customer and her's looked like an abstract piece of artwork when she showed it to me after the DW. I too checked the use and care and it said it was safe but I think they need to rethink that?

I always hand wash mine after seeing hers.

My moms did the same thing. I wonder if they had a bad batch. I got one when they first came out & it has been in mine & my mom's dishwasher with no problem. HO is replacing hers too.

NooraK said:
I did it with my QSP. The edge of it warped because it was kind of pressed against one of the tines. Then DH dropped and cracked it before I could get an adjustment done...
If it was an old one it's not bottom rack dishwasher safe. Only the newer model is.

chefsteph07 said:

Same here. Nothing that big even goes in my dishwasher.

Just happened to me! Very bummed! Now I have to send it back :(

never used dishwasher on mine...just hand wash

What is the purpose of the Salad & Berry Spinner?

The Salad & Berry Spinner is designed to quickly and easily wash and dry your salad greens and berries. It helps remove excess water and dirt, making them ready to eat or use in your recipes.

Is the Salad & Berry Spinner dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad & Berry Spinner is dishwasher safe for convenient and easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the spinner to ensure it lasts longer.

Can the Salad & Berry Spinner be used for other fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the Salad & Berry Spinner can be used to wash and dry a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as grapes, cherry tomatoes, and herbs. It can also be used to dry pasta and other small items.

How do I use the Salad & Berry Spinner?

To use the Salad & Berry Spinner, place your washed greens or berries in the basket and secure the lid. Then, turn the handle to spin the basket and remove excess water. Finally, open the lid and remove your clean, dry produce.

Can the Salad & Berry Spinner be used for hot foods?

No, the Salad & Berry Spinner is not intended for use with hot foods. It is best to only use it for washing and drying produce at room temperature or colder.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RachelNguyen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • lesliec
  • Products and Tips
Replies