• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"'Twas the Saturday Before Christmas"

In summary, the conversation highlighted the crazy time of shipping for Christmas and the potential impact of HO not having their usual open Saturdays in December. A humorous poem was shared in the Chef's Lounge, showcasing the irreverent humor of the community. The conversation also touched on the approachability and professionalism of the executives at Pampered Chef.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Shipping for Christmas is a crazy time. So, here's what might happen if HO doesn't come thru with their usual open Saturdays in December.:) (KG originally posted this in a thread from one of the "practical and helpful" forums, but I think this deserves to be highlighted in the Chef's Lounge...where irreverent humor takes on a life of its own:rolleyes: ). -leggy

'Twas the Saturday before Christmas
And all through the plant,
Not a creature was stirring
Not even an aunt.

The boxes were stacked
By the truck dock with care
In hopes the FedEx man
Soon would be there.

Jean Jonas had come in
To pick up a box.
A dry-ice packed gift pack
Of bagels and lox.

When out on the lawn
There arose such a noise,
KG must be there
With some of the boys.

Off to the window
Jean jumped like a flash
Tore open her shutters
And threw up on the sash!

For what to her wondering
Eyes should appear
But a whole tribe of Cheffers
With a truck load of beer.

"Open the office!"
Arose the group's chant.
"There's nobody here!
I'm sorry, I can't!"

"Why did I come here?"
Was Jean's only thought.
Her perfect red hair
Suddenly tied in a knot.

With her eyes full of wonder
She saw Ann open her sack,
With a flick of her wrist
Ann opened her Mac.

"Fear not, fellow Cheffers!"
Ann said with a grin.
"Here's the Pampered Chef network,
I tell you, I'm in!"

More rapid than lightning
Her fingers, they flew
Searching old orders
And placing some new.

"That about does it!"
Ann says with a sigh.
"I've fixed all your problems
It's time to say 'Bye!'"

So the Cheffers all packed up
And they all headed out.
Walking TPC Lane
Jean heard someone shout:

"So long, Jean Jonas
It wasn't your fault.
We're off to Portillo's
For a hot dog and malt!"

HAHA!!! Too funny!

LOL... cute!

I think someone oughta send it to HO - they'd LOVE it - may even put it in the Bites!

The problem is that the vast majority of consultants wouldn't get it. It's pretty CS specific. Brilliant, though.

Thank you, all. If someone sends it to HO, Jean Jonas' dream team will come to my house - to burn it down.

raebates said:
The problem is that the vast majority of consultants wouldn't get it. It's pretty Chef Success specific. Brilliant, though.
If it went around HO internally, they'd all get it except, perhaps, for the Ann schtick. I'd bet they'd love the Jonas hair verse.

Heck, Jean herself would like that part! You know she's got a sense of humor about her reputation when she can joke onstage at conference about getting a giant bag of hair products. :)

Absolutely! Still, I can't see them publishing it in Weekly Bites or CN.

Goodness, no.

I have my suspicions that this is already making the rounds at the office. The HO snoops couldn't possibly resist it. ;)

raebates said:
I have my suspicions that this is already making the rounds at the office. The HO snoops couldn't possibly resist it. ;)
Absolutely! I wonder who is laughing the hardest.....

I heard through the grapevine today that this poem, while not necessarily making the rounds at HO, has been seen. And has been responded to by a certain auburn-haired executive who was very appreciative.:D

At our cluster Christmas party last night, we were talking about how wonderful the big mucky-mucks at PC are. They're professional, of course, but they don't take themselves too seriously.

raebates said:
At our cluster Christmas party last night, we were talking about how wonderful the big mucky-mucks at PC are. They're professional, of course, but they don't take themselves too seriously.
That's what's so great about them! They're obviously successful, and have had success in direct sales, so their advice can be trusted. But they aren't so high and mighty that you'd feel weird hanging out at the bar with any of them. It's the perfect combination!

Maybe Jean will meet us on the front lawn if we show up with a truck load of beer?

I'm there! I'll bring pretzels.

Bumping for 2009.

That is funny!!!!!!!!

Great job! Too funny!

1. What is "Twas the Saturday Before Christmas"?

"Twas the Saturday Before Christmas" is a popular holiday poem written by Pampered Chef founder, Doris Christopher. It tells the story of a busy family preparing for Christmas and the importance of spending time with loved ones during the holiday season.

2. Is "Twas the Saturday Before Christmas" available in print or digital format?

The poem is available in both print and digital formats. It can be found in the Pampered Chef holiday catalog, on our website, and in our mobile app.

3. Can I use "Twas the Saturday Before Christmas" as part of my holiday party or event?

Absolutely! The poem is a great addition to any holiday gathering. You can read it aloud or have guests take turns reading different parts. It's a fun and heartwarming activity for all ages.

4. Are there any products or recipes specifically mentioned in "Twas the Saturday Before Christmas"?

Yes, the poem mentions a few Pampered Chef products such as the Deep Covered Baker and the Classic Batter Bowl. It also features recipes for a Chocolate Peppermint Cake and a Festive Chicken Tortilla Soup, both of which can be found on our website.

5. Can I purchase products featured in "Twas the Saturday Before Christmas" through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase any of the products mentioned in the poem through Pampered Chef. They make great gifts for yourself or others during the holiday season. You can also find similar products and recipes on our website if the specific ones mentioned are not available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • cwinter474