• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tropical Torte: Raspberry Sherbet Variation!

In summary, the Tropical Torte recipe was good, but I liked the variation I tried better. I found Mango Sorbet at WalMart and Walgreens around here. There is only 1 brand of it and it's in a smaller sized container (it's a maroon container can't remember the brand right now). Those do sound like really great alternatives!
MrsCaleb
I just tried out the Tropical Torte recipe for a show I am doing next week. It was great! - but I ended up trying out a variation. My supermarket did not carry mango sorbet, so I got Raspberry sherbet instead. I think I probably still like the mango better (I got to try it at a cluster meeting), but now I'm really interested in trying it out with ORANGE sherbet - I'm pretty sure it will end up tasting like a yummy orange creamsicle.

I found Mango Sorbet at WalMart and Walgreens around here. There is only 1 brand of it and it's in a smaller sized container (it's a maroon container cannot remember the brand right now). Those do sound like really great alternatives!

Haagen Daaz makes Mango sorbet. This recipe was fabulous!

Chefstover2 said:
Haagen Daaz makes Mango sorbet. This recipe was fabulous!

That's it! Couldn't think of the name!

I would say between $2-3

I just tried this and I actually wasn't impressed with the flavor. I liked the pineapple flavor, but it just wasn't that "wow" for me.

c00p said:
I just tried this and I actually wasn't impressed with the flavor. I liked the pineapple flavor, but it just wasn't that "wow" for me.

I felt the same way. This just wasn't something I would go out of my way to eat.:rolleyes:

My husband didn't care for it much either...so considering that it's more than $10 to make, I probably won't make it again for us (unless I try the orange sherbet!). But I thought it was a decent no-bake dessert. Honestly I think you could leave off making the mint sauce and it would taste just fine. That would save $2+right there.

MrsCaleb said:
My husband didn't care for it much either...so considering that it's more than $10 to make, I probably won't make it again for us (unless I try the orange sherbet!). But I thought it was a decent no-bake dessert. Honestly I think you could leave off making the mint sauce and it would taste just fine. That would save $2+right there.

You are probably right - and I think it was the mint sauce that made it not quite right for me. I didn't think mint and mango went well together.

What is the recipe for Tropical Torte: Raspberry Sherbet Variation!?

The recipe for Tropical Torte: Raspberry Sherbet Variation! can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes layers of graham cracker crust, raspberry sherbet, tropical fruit, and whipped cream.

Can I use a different type of fruit for this torte?

Yes, you can definitely use different types of fruit for this torte. Some popular options include strawberries, mango, and kiwi. Just make sure to use fruit that is in season for the best flavor.

Do I need any special equipment to make this torte?

The only special equipment you will need is a springform pan to create the layered torte. If you do not have a springform pan, you can use a regular cake pan but it may be harder to remove the torte from the pan.

How far in advance can I make this torte?

This torte is best served the day it is made, but it can be made a day in advance as well. Just be sure to keep it in the freezer until ready to serve and let it thaw for about 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.

Can I make this torte dairy-free?

Yes, you can make this torte dairy-free by using non-dairy whipped topping and dairy-free sherbet. You can also use a gluten-free graham cracker crust to make it gluten-free as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChris
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
  • Chefcouts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcjodih