• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh and Easy Trifle Recipe: No Pound Cake or Brownies!

WOW recipe.In summary, participants in this conversation shared various trifle recipes and tips for using a trifle bowl as a centerpiece. Suggestions included using angel food cake, cookies, donuts, cheesecake, graham crackers, and other ingredients for layers. One person mentioned a specific recipe for a lemon blueberry trifle, while another suggested using flowers in the trifle bowl. Some also recommended checking allrecipes.com or Kraft Foods for more ideas. One person also mentioned using the trifle bowl for non-food purposes, such as holding candy or fake fruit. Another mentioned a specific trifle recipe for a Southwestern Cobb Salad.
PCSarahjm
I need a new Trifle Recipe that does not include pound cake or brownies....I have no idea what else to use. Anyone have agreat recipe!!!

What does the trifle recipe that just came out in the new Season's best have in it... I think it just has cookies in it... I don't have it handy our I would look for you:)

What about a strawberry (or other berry) shortcake using angelfood cake or sweet biscuits?

Try allrecipes.com. I imagine you can do something with angel food cake. :)

As Jamie points out, the chocolate raspberry one in the new SBRC uses vanilla wafers. You can also make them with angel food cake, and I think there's one in the Trifle booklet (in the files) made with banana bread.
hmm.... any cake-like thing.... Twinkies, chocolate chip cookies, zucchini bread, blueberry muffins...

yeah the chocolate reaspberry one, and also the banana pudding triffle. both are with the waffers. i personally woudl do the chocolate raspberry one though since its a new theme

I don't make a desert in mine. I usually pick up fresh flowers from the grocery store and fill the bottom with rocks and use it as a centerpiece on whatever table I put my catalogs on. It's been a HUGE hit for me. I sell them all the time.

Iforgot all about the new one.....Duh!!! Thanks for pointing it out to me!!

PCSarahjm said:
I need a new Trifle Recipe that does not include pound cake or brownies....I have no idea what else to use. Anyone have agreat recipe!!!

I just made the lemon blueberry trifle last night to rave review. I thought about making it with angel food cake. Would be nice and light for summer.

i think the trifle bowl looks so pretty with flowers in it.

JaimeQ said:
i think the trifle bowl looks so pretty with flowers in it.

I do too. I always have it sitting on my coffee table with fresh flowers.

I always go to my mom's for Thanksgiving and I bring the centerpiece for the table because it's silly to bring a baked good because I have an aunt that bakes her little heart out for the holidays. I think this year I'm going to buy the trifle bowl and have the florist make up the arrangement that is in the new cattie. It's beautiful!!!

I have made an angelfood cake trifle that everyone always raves about...The "pudding" is 2/3 cup boiling water mixed with 2 packets strawberry or rasp jello , and then 2 tubs of cool whip (I use "free") folded in..let it set for a bit, and then layer that with cubed/chunked up angel food cake & berries if you would like. Top with coolwhip in the EAD and voila! Being that nothing "soaks in," it would make a good demo, or you can make it ahead of time and leave it in the fridge for a day or so...

Do a search for trifles in the file section. There is a document for Trifle Salads that is good. And there are other recipes too.

Paula Deen did one this weekend with Devils Food Cake, choc pudding, whip cream and nuts and cherries.

Try Kraft Foods - Great Recipes and Food Ideas too. They have some on there.

I have two trifles. One that I use for food and the other ones sits on my table with fake fruit in it. When I am not using the food one, I put candy out in it.

I LOVE the arrangement in the FALL catalog!! And want to try to recreate it myself.

Are you looking specifically for a desert? I have made the Mexican Trifle and gotten many raves! There is also the salad that was pictured in the mini-catalog. I haven't tried that one but it looks good too!

Yummy, trifles!!!Chocolate cake or any flavor you prefer - add pudding, or fruit and whipped topping

Krispy kreme donuts - layer with vanilla pudding and whipped cream

Cheesecake - crumble up cheesecake leftovers and add whatever toppings you want like fruit, and whipped topping

Cookies - oreos, peanut butter or chocolate chip, then layer

Hostess cupcakes - yummy with chocolate pudding

Graham crackers - for a smores trifle

Just some ideas.
Debbie :D

I have a bunch of trifle recipes that came from my Director is anyone is interested, including a Christmas trifle. I can email them to you.

I made the 3 Berry Trifle for my show yesterday (made with regular cake) and it was a huge hit.

Minersmix, I sent you a PM...would love the recipes!

Southwestern Cobb Salad in Trifle BowlI've done the Southwestern Cobb Salad a couple of times. I always make the dressing ahead of time so that it captures the flavor of the spices. It is in the Casual Cooking Cookbook (pg56).

Attachments

• Southwestern Cobb Salad.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 271
Here is my 7 Layer Salad Recipe! People RAVE over it!

Oh...and here is a BUNCH of Trifle Bowl recipes, too!

Attachments

• 7 Layer Salad and Dressing (Kelly McNamara).doc
    21 KB · Views: 309
  • TrifleBowl Recipes.doc
    452 KB · Views: 451
Kelly you are my new best friend. LOL. I love the trifle bowl so if I can't find a recipe to use from them then I don't deserve to even have a trifle bowl.

I make the luscious lemon angel roll into a trifle (instead of leaving the cake rolled up I cut it with bread knife dump it in a gallon ziploc add confectionars sugar and shake)

chefheidi2003 said:
Kelly you are my new best friend. LOL. I love the trifle bowl so if I can't find a recipe to use from them then I don't deserve to even have a trifle bowl.
Awwwww....shucks!:blushing: :blushing:

Glad I could help! I didn't make it...just passing it on!:rolleyes:

Teresa Lynn said:
I make the luscious lemon angel roll into a trifle (instead of leaving the cake rolled up I cut it with bread knife dump it in a gallon ziploc add confectionars sugar and shake)
Mmmm....I have never made that one, but I love LEMON!! :balloon: :balloon:

1. What are the ingredients needed for the Fresh and Easy Trifle Recipe?

The ingredients for this trifle recipe are 1 angel food cake, 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of whipped topping, 1 pound of fresh strawberries, and 1 can of pineapple chunks.

2. Can I use a different type of cake instead of angel food cake?

Yes, you can use any type of sponge or chiffon cake as a substitute for the angel food cake in this recipe.

3. How many servings does this Fresh and Easy Trifle Recipe make?

This recipe makes 8-10 servings, depending on the size of your trifle dish.

4. Can I make this trifle recipe in advance?

Yes, you can make this trifle a day in advance. Just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

5. Can I use frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain the fruit before using it in the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • cochef