• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Recipe in Season't Best

In summary, the conversation revolves around a recipe for a trifle with sherbet in it. The main question is whether or not the recipe can be made in advance and if so, how far in advance. One suggestion is to use Key Lime flavored instant pudding mix instead of sherbet, which would allow for the trifle to be prepared ahead of time. The trifle is eventually made with the sherbet, but is put in the freezer until it is taken to the host's house. The trifle is a huge hit and some guests are even interested in purchasing the trifle bowl. There is also mention of using coconut cream pudding in the future.
Kinet
Can I make this recipe in advance? If so, how long in advance? THere is sherbert in it, that's why I'm wondering.
I have a show tonight at 7, it is now 2:30ish, is it too early to make?

The sherbet would melt. I'd make it once you get to the host's house.

I thought that was weird about that recipe. Most trifles use pudding or custard, so they can be prepared ahead of time. Actually-- see if your grocery store has Key Lime flavored instant pudding mix. If you substituted that (prepared) for the sherbet, you could do it ahead.

I was wondering about that recipe, too, because trifles always taste better after sitting at least a few hours. That's a good tip, Ann. Thanks for sharing!

Diane

What a great idea Ann!!!...that's what I'll do. I won't have time to make it at the hostess' house...
I am making this as an extra because she will have 20 guests over!!! Woohoo!!
Wish me luck!! :)

Good luck, Sylvia. Let us know how the show and recipe turn out!

Diane

Yeah- let us know if the pudding tip worked. :) Honestly, I thought of that as I was typing, so it hasn't been tried yet.

mmmm.... coconut cream pudding would be good, too....

The triffle was magnificent and such a HUGE hit!!
I decided to use the sherbert and just put the triffle in my freezer and as soon as I got to my host's house, I put it in her freezer.
Guests were amazed and LOVED it!!!
It's a bit of work to put it together, I'm glad I did it beforhand, but it's such a nice presentation and it tastes soooo good, it's worth it!
I have a few guests who will be ordering the triffle bowl when it becomes available.
Thanks for your suggestion Ann, I might try it with pudding next time. ;)

Hi there! Yes, you can definitely make this trifle recipe in advance. In fact, it's recommended to let it chill in the fridge for at least a few hours before serving to let all the flavors come together. As for how long in advance, you can make it up to a day ahead of time. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap before refrigerating. And don't worry about the sherbet, it will hold up just fine. As for your show tonight, 2:30ish would be the perfect time to make it. Enjoy the show and the delicious trifle!

1. What is the recipe for the "Trifle in Season's Best" dessert?

The recipe for "Trifle in Season's Best" is a delicious layered dessert made with fresh seasonal fruits, cake, and creamy pudding. It is a perfect dessert for any occasion and can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences.

2. Can I use any type of cake for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for this recipe. However, a light and fluffy sponge cake or pound cake works best as it soaks up the flavors and moisture from the other ingredients.

3. Do I have to use all the fruits listed in the recipe?

No, you can choose to use any combination of fruits that you like. The recipe suggests using strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi, but you can substitute with your favorite fruits or whatever is in season.

4. How far in advance can I make this trifle?

You can make this trifle a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. However, it is best to add the whipped cream and toppings right before serving to keep the cake and fruits fresh.

5. Can I make this trifle in individual servings?

Yes, you can make this trifle in individual servings by layering the ingredients in small glasses or mason jars. This is a great way to serve the dessert for parties or gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • chefangie