• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for Trifle Bowls: Beyond Food!

In summary, trifle bowls are versatile and can be used for many purposes beyond just serving food. They can be used as a decoration or organization piece, for storing non-food items, or repurposed as a candle holder or base for a DIY project. Most trifle bowls are dishwasher safe, but it's best to check the manufacturer's instructions. They are not recommended for baking as they are not designed for high heat.
Kelly8
What's your favorite Trifle Bowl recipe?

What's your favorite non-food use for the Trifle Bowl? (decorating, gifts, etc)

I love the Strawberry Cream for Spring/Summer and the Pumpkin Spice for Fall/Winter.

I tend to use the trifle bowl decoratively only about fall and xmas season....I love using gourds and fall foliage and I like filling it with multi-color ornaments for xmas or pointsettas, berries and pinecones.

Laurie, have you had problems getting the smell to go away? I used one of mine last xmas and could not, and I used the dishwasher, and bleach to remove the pine scent but it took about 5 washings for it to go away! I thought I was going in sane and imagining it and that it was extremely weird for glass to do that until I heard from a guest who had one that used pine oil scented potpourri in hers that she too could not get the smell to go way in one or two washings either?

I didn't, but my pinecones are storebought and have zero pine residue by the time they reach my hands. =) I can already picture you scrubbing away wondering if it was mental or not. :D That is a prob. Good info to know....though it's hard to find fresh pinecones in TX, but I'll have to maybe let guests know about potpourri and oils.

Kind of like it takes several washings to get onion smell out of the prep bowls when you store chopped onions in them...

1. What are some creative ways to use trifle bowls beyond food?

There are many fun and unique ways to use trifle bowls for decoration or organization. Some ideas include using it as a centerpiece filled with seasonal decorations, using it to display small potted plants, or using it as a catch-all for keys and mail on an entryway table.

2. Can trifle bowls be used for non-food items?

Yes, trifle bowls are versatile and can be used for a variety of non-food items. For example, you can use it to store and display jewelry, makeup brushes, or office supplies.

3. How can I repurpose a trifle bowl for a different function?

One way to repurpose a trifle bowl is to use it as a candle holder. Simply fill the bowl with water, add floating candles, and place it on a table for a romantic ambiance. You can also use it to hold potpourri or as a base for a DIY terrarium.

4. Are trifle bowls dishwasher safe?

Most trifle bowls made of glass or ceramic are dishwasher safe. However, it's always best to check the manufacturer's instructions or hand wash to be safe.

5. Can I use a trifle bowl for baking?

Trifle bowls are not recommended for baking as they are not designed to withstand high heat. Stick to using it for cold or room temperature food items only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • janezapchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies