• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade HoHo Trifle Recipe - Can't Find It? Ask Here!

In summary, the Homemade HoHo Trifle Recipe requires a box of chocolate cake mix, instant chocolate pudding mix, milk, Cool Whip, and a box of HoHos or any chocolate snack cake. However, other chocolate snack cakes such as Swiss Rolls or Ding Dongs can be used. The trifle can be made ahead of time and can serve 10-12 people. The chocolate pudding can also be substituted with other flavors such as vanilla, cheesecake, or white chocolate.
cwinter474
Gold Member
I saw a picture of a trifle bowl with a dessert made from HoHo's. Does anyone have the recipe?? I didn't find it in the posted recipes.

thanks,

Carol

There's another thread with the recipe. Click here.It was from about a year ago, and man it looks good! Thanks for bringing the recipe up!

I have made this recipe many times and let me tell you it is yummy!!!! You don't need much; sugar overload.:love:

helpI made it this weekend and I must be using the wrong "white" stuff... I used Cool Whip and the strawberries just sank through. What am I doing wrong???

Carol

Holy Moly that looks good!!!

cwinter474 said:
I made it this weekend and I must be using the wrong "white" stuff... I used Cool Whip and the strawberries just sank through. What am I doing wrong???

Carol

Cool Whip is "frozen nondairy whipped topping", so not sure why they sunk!
Did you combine it with the condensed milk and lemon juice? That should give it more stability.

What ingredients do I need for the Homemade HoHo Trifle Recipe?

The Homemade HoHo Trifle Recipe requires the following ingredients:

• 1 box of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 container of Cool Whip
  • 1 box of HoHos (or any chocolate snack cake)

Do I have to use HoHos for this recipe or can I use a different chocolate snack cake?

You can use any type of chocolate snack cake for this recipe, such as Swiss Rolls or Ding Dongs. However, HoHos are recommended for the best flavor and texture.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Homemade HoHo Trifle Recipe ahead of time. It is best to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours before serving for optimal freshness.

Can I substitute the chocolate pudding with a different flavor?

Yes, you can use a different flavor of pudding mix if desired. Some popular substitutions include vanilla, cheesecake, or white chocolate pudding.

How many servings does this recipe make?

The Homemade HoHo Trifle Recipe makes approximately 10-12 servings, depending on the size of your trifle dish and how generously you portion it out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KimberleePowell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • mjs2052
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies