• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Serving with the Trifle Bowl: What Tools Should I Use?

In summary, various tools can be used to serve from the trifle bowl, including the Chef's Tool Spoon, Large Serving Tongs, the serving spoon from the PC Nylon Tool Set, and the Chef's Tool Pasta Fork. Some consultants have also used the Bamboo Spoon and the Chef's Silicone Tongs. The Chef's Tools Spoon and Pasta Server are recommended for their ability to reach the bottom of the bowl, and the bamboo salad tongs are also a popular choice. Some consultants use these serving tools as an opportunity to showcase the PC website and outlet. While the Chef's Tool Spoon is a practical choice, some consultants prefer to use more aesthetically pleasing tools for entertaining purposes. The new bamboo salad tongs are also anticipated to be a
EpTxGuy
What do you guys use to serve from this thing? I just ordered one (it's not here yet) but I can't imagine what tool I would use to serve anything out of the trifle bowl. I contacted my director, and she suggested the scoop, but I don't see how that would get the layers of whatever you're making.....any ideas?
Guy

I use the Chef's Tool Spoon

dannyzmom said:
I use the Chef's Tool Spoon
That's what my Exec Dir used the other night and it worked great. AIf you are serving a salad in the Trifle Bowl you could use the Large Serving Tongs.

I use the serving spoon PC used to sell in a set with a fork. It is nice and long so it gets to the bottom of the bowl :eek:)

I use the chef's tools spoon too!

smarteez2 said:
I use the serving spoon PC used to sell in a set with a fork. It is nice and long so it gets to the bottom of the bowl :eek:)
Love that spoon, but hate showing retired products at shows. I'll probably use the Chef's Tool Spoon.

DebbieJ said:
Love that spoon, but hate showing retired products at shows. I'll probably use the Chef's Tool Spoon.

ditto here...

DebbieJ said:

Me too (hate showing retired products) but now that we have the outlet you never know what can pop up!! So I use the spoon..... LOL

BambooI had to use the bamboo spoons once because I forgot my Chef's tool spoon and it worked great.

Debbie :D

Me too Debbie and it did work great! And I used it cause I forgot mine too!:rolleyes: I use the chef's tool spoon also and I've used the spoon that is in the nylon tool set . Cause even though it's part of a set, it's still part of our line!

smarteez2 said:
Me too (hate showing retired products) but now that we have the outlet you never know what can pop up!! So I use the spoon..... LOL
Most of my scrapers are colored and I have had so many people upset this month that only white is available. I really should get more white ones to use at my shows!

I have used the chef's tool spoon, and the bamboo spoon and the large serving tongs for a salad

heather

I use the Chef's tool Pasta Fork. It is great for getting ahold of the stuff towards the bottom. I also use that same product for getting ice from an ice bucket. It works great.

Nicki What a GREAT!! idea thanks for sharing!!

heather

I usually use the Chef's Tool Spoon. I think, though, that anything with a handle long enough to reach the bottom with enough left over to hold will work.

Don't forget that if you have two "sets" of layers, the spoon only needs to go half-way down to get everything.But I think that of the current tools, the Chef's Tools Spoon or Pasta Server would work best.

chefann said:
Don't forget that if you have two "sets" of layers, the spoon only needs to go half-way down to get everything.

But I think that of the current tools, the Chef's Tools Spoon or Pasta Server would work best.

Good opint - hadn't really thought of that...

I used the wooden 12" bamboo spoon when I made the Peanut butter/brownie trifle. It worked great because it's so long. I've used the chef's tool spoon also. Mostly just things with long handles!

smarteez2 said:

I use products like this as a little segue to my website and the outlet!

I haven't made a trifle yet, but I'm making one this weekend. I will probably use that spoon, but it's not "pretty" for entertaining like the stainless serving spoon...if I were having a get together, I'd rather use something fancier (not that I HAVE something fancier...I never got those serving pieces)

I havent' made anything in it...... yet.... going to soon!!!!

When I made a salad (7-layer southwestern), I used the Chef's Silicone Tongs to mix the salad & serve. While it didn't look pretty anymore, it was ok b/c they had already seen the end result & how nice it looked.

For desserts, I use the stainless spoon or the nylon tools basic set spoon. For me, it seems like the Chef's Tools are too bulky to use comfortably. :)

I can't wait to use the new bamboo salad tongs with the trifle bowl when doing salads...

PCGINA said:
I can't wait to use the new bamboo salad tongs with the trifle bowl when doing salads...

me to I am already looking for some great salad recipes for May I can't wait and It is a great time of year to start making salads and fruit dishes. I just can't wait for nice weather!!!

heather

1. What is a trifle bowl?

A trifle bowl is a large, clear glass bowl typically used for serving trifle dessert. It has a wide, flat base and tall, straight sides, allowing for easy layering of ingredients.

2. How big is the trifle bowl?

Our trifle bowl has a capacity of 3.5 quarts and measures 8 inches in diameter and 6 inches in height, making it the perfect size for serving desserts for a large group.

3. Is the trifle bowl dishwasher safe?

Yes, our trifle bowl is made of durable, dishwasher-safe glass that can withstand high temperatures and repeated washings without losing its clarity or shape.

4. Can I use the trifle bowl for anything besides trifle?

Absolutely! While the trifle bowl is designed for layering and displaying trifle desserts, it can also be used for serving salads, pasta dishes, or even as a decorative centerpiece filled with fruit or flowers.

5. Is the trifle bowl microwave safe?

No, we do not recommend using the trifle bowl in the microwave as it is made of glass and can shatter or break if exposed to high heat. It is best to use the trifle bowl for serving cold or room temperature dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefParty4U
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sarahmarie
  • Products and Tips
Replies