• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toTip or Not to Tip the Fedex Guy?

In summary, my friend said that she watched Sam on General Hospital tip the FedEx guy! Is this normal tipping behavior and is my FedExer getting the shaft???:confused: I've never heard of that??? Since it was on tv, maybe there was some extra special favor :eek: Sure - the tip could be "please be extra gentle with my PC boxes because they are fragile" (I couldn't resist) What??? No, it's their job! Man, he would be so happy coming to my house then because hes here sometimes 2-3 times a week. A gift at Christmas time is appropriate but otherwise, no, not expected.

Do You Tip Your FedExer?

• Total voters
raebates said:
What I've always heard about Alaskan men is that the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Very true! Some are normal, but there are surely some "abnormal" choices out there!! That is probably true for anywhere though!

gilliandanielle said:
Very true! Some are normal, but there are surely some "abnormal" choices out there!! That is probably true for anywhere though!

Sure. I found me an odd one right there in Hills in Marion, IN.

I always tip 20% for restaurants. I did waitressing for a very short time. I am much more comfortable in the kitchen. I know they don't get paid quat and some people are shitty tippers. I tip my hairdresser and she owns her own shop (just her doing hair there too). But I appreciate the fact that when I get there I go in the chair and there is rarely a waiting period. My hairdresser before that would make you wait so long, you would think you were in a doctor's office and the dr got called in for surgery!!

I gave my Fex Ex drivers cupcakes one night when they delivered. My last two deliveries were after 10:00 p.m.!

I've given my UPS guy cookies before, but I never see the Fedex person. Knock and run!

I generally tip fairly well, but I always forget to tip when in a hotel. I'm not very good about tipping housekeeping, because I don't stay in hotels very often and I just forget. I've never tipped my mail carrier because it's never the same person.

TipsI always tip my:

Waitresses/Waiters (if they deserve the tip!) - I have had some horrible service from very rude people. I understand people have bad days but customers don't deserve to be treated that way when we are going out for an enjoyable evening. And if someone hates their job, it's time to change jobs!
Hair stylist
Dog groomer
pizza delivery guy

I never see the FedEx guy but I wouldn't tip him.

Debbie :D

I don't have a dog.
The pizza guy won't deliver way out where I live.
I never see the FedEx guy, either.

I do not tip fed/ex...didn't tip UPS either. I tip my hair lady, the dog's hair lady, waitresses (they also get one of my biz cards). I leave candy for my garbage men, but only before Christmas. They like chocolate. Talk about a sucky job...so they deserve chocolate.

pcchris said:
I do not tip fed/ex...didn't tip UPS either. I tip my hair lady, the dog's hair lady, waitresses (they also get one of my biz cards). I leave candy for my garbage men, but only before Christmas. They like chocolate. Talk about a sucky job...so they deserve chocolate.

okay how do you leave candy for the garbage man without them thinking its garbage? just curious!! My luck i would spend all the time making cookies or candy and it would end up in the trash!!

heather

I have never and will never tip the fed ex people as much trouble as i have had with them it is probably a good thing that they just dump and run!!

Now my ups man on the other hand is wonderful!! And I miss him dearly!!

I am not happy with the fed ex change at all!! every show but 3 so far has been screwed up one way or another. Delivery men with VERY VERY bad attitudes so bad that the host herself called to complain to fed ex!! And packages smelling so bad of cigeratte (sp?) smoke they had to be aired ouy in the garage for a week before they could be delivered! (the oven mitt had to be replaced!!) i could go on and on and on!!
Sorrry I got off on a little tangent!!

Heather

<h2>What is the general consensus on tipping FedEx delivery drivers?</h2><p>The general consensus is that it is not necessary to tip FedEx delivery drivers. They are typically paid a fair wage and are not reliant on tips for their income.</p><h2>Is it considered normal tipping behavior to tip a FedEx delivery driver?</h2><p>Tipping a FedEx delivery driver is not considered normal tipping behavior. It is not expected or required, and most people do not tip their FedEx delivery drivers.</p><h2>I saw a character on General Hospital tip their FedEx delivery driver. Is this a common practice?</h2><p>The character on General Hospital may have tipped their FedEx delivery driver for dramatic effect, but it is not a common practice in real life. Most people do not tip their FedEx delivery drivers.</p><h2>Am I shortchanging my FedEx delivery driver by not tipping them?</h2><p>No, you are not shortchanging your FedEx delivery driver by not tipping them. As mentioned before, they are typically paid a fair wage and are not reliant on tips for their income.</p><h2>What are some other ways to show appreciation for my FedEx delivery driver?</h2><p>If you would like to show appreciation for your FedEx delivery driver, you can thank them for their service, offer them a cold drink on a hot day, or leave a positive review for their company. These gestures can go a long way in showing your appreciation without having to tip.</p>

What is the general consensus on tipping FedEx delivery drivers?

The general consensus is that it is not necessary to tip FedEx delivery drivers. They are typically paid a fair wage and are not reliant on tips for their income.

Is it considered normal tipping behavior to tip a FedEx delivery driver?

Tipping a FedEx delivery driver is not considered normal tipping behavior. It is not expected or required, and most people do not tip their FedEx delivery drivers.

I saw a character on General Hospital tip their FedEx delivery driver. Is this a common practice?

The character on General Hospital may have tipped their FedEx delivery driver for dramatic effect, but it is not a common practice in real life. Most people do not tip their FedEx delivery drivers.

Am I shortchanging my FedEx delivery driver by not tipping them?

No, you are not shortchanging your FedEx delivery driver by not tipping them. As mentioned before, they are typically paid a fair wage and are not reliant on tips for their income.

What are some other ways to show appreciation for my FedEx delivery driver?

If you would like to show appreciation for your FedEx delivery driver, you can thank them for their service, offer them a cold drink on a hot day, or leave a positive review for their company. These gestures can go a long way in showing your appreciation without having to tip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Cookin' Mama
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • kaseydee
  • General Chat
Replies