• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toRefrigerate or Not to Refrigerate?

In summary, the recipe does not mention refrigeration and the cookies are safe to store without refrigeration.
kam
Staff member
OK, there are so many of you who know this kind of stuff...

In general, how do you determine if a baked item (mostly dessert type items) needs refrigeration after baking. I always go by the recipe, but sometimes I get recipes passed from person to person and I wonder about food storage.

Once cream cheese is baked, does it need to be refrigerated? I always wonder why our Truffle Brownie cups (using the heavy cream in the filling) does not need to be refrigerated.

The current recipe I am wondering about is the attached. If anyone could look at it and determine if the cookies should be refrigerated? They are like our truffle brownie cups, but with a peanut butter base. I ask since it mentions that the leftover filling should be refrigerated. Why would that filling be any different than what I put into the cups?

Attachments

• Fudge Puddles.doc
    53 KB · Views: 425
I wouldn't think it would need to be since you do not refrigerate fudge.

This recipe is awesome! I made it for Christmas and everyone loved it! But let me warn you....very very very rich! You can only eat one! Also, have the milk close. I have to have milk with my chocolate. :love::love::love:

Those look awesome! Can't wait to try! I would say that they don't need to be refrigerated (IMO).

Thanks! I was hoping I did not have to refrigerate. I want to make them for a party we are having at our house on Sat and I was looking for something I did not have to refrigerate.

I notice the recipe says 'can be' stored in the fridge. I have made something very much like these before and didn't have any leftover to store! :D (just filled the cookie cups full)

From a food safety standpoint, I would say they are safe. No heavy cream, no cream cheese. It's those things: dairy and animal products that get you into trouble. In future, it's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to these things. I was joking with my host on Sunday about how getting someone sick at my shows probably wouldn't help my business.

pkd09 said:
This recipe is awesome! I made it for Christmas and everyone loved it! But let me warn you....very very very rich! You can only eat one! Also, have the milk close. I have to have milk with my chocolate. :love::love::love:

OMG...I will have to make these!! And unfortunately, I would be one of those people who could eat more than one with NO problem. :blushing:And I although I eat many dairy products, I do not drink milk (and I grew up on a dairy farm!!!).:confused: I have never eaten a food that is too rich for me...I am to sugar what booze is to an alcholic!:(

1. Should I refrigerate all Pampered Chef products?

No, not all Pampered Chef products need to be refrigerated. It is important to check the label of each product for specific storage instructions.

2. Can I refrigerate my Pampered Chef cookware?

No, it is not necessary to refrigerate Pampered Chef cookware. It is designed to be stored at room temperature.

3. How do I know if a Pampered Chef product needs to be refrigerated?

Check the label of each product for storage instructions. If it needs to be refrigerated, it will be indicated on the label.

4. Can I refrigerate leftovers in my Pampered Chef cookware?

Yes, Pampered Chef cookware is safe to use for storing leftovers in the refrigerator. Just make sure to let the cookware cool down before placing it in the fridge.

5. Do I need to refrigerate my Pampered Chef stoneware?

No, Pampered Chef stoneware does not need to be refrigerated. It is safe to be stored at room temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DebPC