• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Tips for New Consultant on New Web

um...ridiculous. But I refuse to use the new web until this is fixed. I'm sorry, but that is my advice.
Karen Weber
Gold Member
I haven't transferred over to the new web for submitting orders. Does anyone who has new consultants submitting shows on it have any tips to pass along. I thought Doreen Grass was going to come out with a some tips for submitting orders but haven't seen it yet or I haven't found it!

Thanks,

Karen

Here's my tip:
Complain, complain, complain and ask to be put on the OLD system until they figure out the new one.Mini rant here, ok it's not MINI!Have a new consultant who is already frustrated b/c she isn't getting the results she wanted from friends/family to get started. (obviously none of us can help that)
But she doesn't need the added frustration from the NEW WEB!!!OK, in 1 day sitting at it together here are our issues:
#1 the tax rate if WAY OFF!! Look up zip on tax rate guide, get tax rate. Figure orders. Put orders in new web get drastic different totals, I'm talking $3 difference on 1 order!! Double ck tax guide, yep we're doing it right. Zip code has another rate for different city, figure orders by it in case that is what PC is using...nope still doesn't work. She calls HO to be told it uses the lesser of tax rates in a given zip code and doesn't look at city and can't be changed (like we're used to in pp+). She informed them that wasn't the case b/c we tried that and it still isn't correct. Long story short: The tax rate is wrong, they know it, and can't fix it!! Deal with it. Um, UNEXCEPTABLE!! She was told the tax rate guide and the new system will never give you the same tax amount and the tax amount in the system can change from day to day so enter your orders today and submit tomorrow and the tax might change. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!!!! Insert steam coming out of my head!! This better be fixed ASAP. I refuse to use the new system until it is! End of story.#2 Her open house didn't go so well so we went into a show (above) that she was closing out and tried to put a co/host in so we could split the host rewards and place the orders together to make 1 show since the open house wasn't $150 in sales. It wouldn't let us add an e-mail for the co-host. Called HO and per rep. You can't make any changes to a show once you set the show up on the site. WHAT?#3. Show #3, host calls and didn't get host e-mail letter. She cks and has entered host e-mail wrong when setting up the show. System won't let her correct the e-mail. See #2, she called HO and was told she'd have the delete the entire show and re-enter everything again for host to have correct e-mail in the system. Again, SMOKE COMING FROM MY EARS!! What if said host gives you work e-mail and changes their mind or gives you home and decides wants it to go to work. Are you kiddin' me?!!!!! Luckily they hadn't put a guest list or orders in the show yet.#4 Re-enters said host and sends e-mail. Host contacts her this morning and says link in host e-mail says page can't be displayed and won't let her access the consultant's website. Consutlant checks her site on her own by typing address in her browser and it works fine. LINK In HOST E-mail IS WRONG!!!! REALLY??!!!#5 Catalog show going on out of state. Host contacts her this morning to let her know that 3 people have tried to place on-line orders through the show and when they try to put cc information in and finalize their orders it won't let them. Guest are frustrated, so is host.#6 In process of entering said show in #1 around guest number 3 or 4 entered (while typing in the name field of next guest) system takes us out of new web and we get a page cannot be displayed message. Had to go back to pc.com re-log in and start again. It did save data prior to the current guest entry. All of this to say, while for some it might (I say this lightly) be working. This is TOTALLY Ridiculous!!! I have a new consultant who thinks I'm working for a company who has no idea what they are doing or how to run a business. She's frustrated and she has every right to be. Yes, I know the extra 30 days. Yes it's great. But to someone who has nothing else to base her belief in the company on and has yet to understand what those extra 30 days in PC$ might mean to her it is a mute point. I'm going to lose her before she even gets to the point of earning them. Her opinion, if you have a system that does work why am I not able to use it too until this other "system" is fixed. I have to agree it would make all of our lives easier. She's spent 2 entire days trying to enter 2 shows and fielded calls back and forth btwn her and HO. In her opinion, so not worth the trouble!

I hope you have sent this to HO. Be sure to cc your sales manager and maybe Jean too...

I talked to my Exc. who is my director this morning.. She said to forward the information to the sales manager, Dorian and maybe even Jean. My new consultant has been on the phone almost the entire day yesterday and today. No resolution to any of the issues and per our most recent conversation there are other issues that have developed that she called on. HO told her the system crashed this afternoon and he can't get in it to look into her issue and would have to get back with her. Meantime she's preparing to leave for vac. and has to get it resolved before she goes out of town. No way I'm personally using the new system. I don't have time for this hooha, nor does anyone else.

The frustrating part for me is that new consultants HAVE to use this. I have two new ones in the pipe ready to sign and I am kinda dragging my feet. I absolutely do NOT have time--or the expertise--to deal with this, and I will NOT have a new consultant tying up their time with tech support. I have an upline that is holding a tea for us at Leadership but we cannot attend unless we recruit and qualify two people by the end of August. Guess what--i made my plane reservations for that afternoon figuring I'd skip the tea, partly because I just can't deal with this right now and don't WANT to recruit anyone if that's the only choice they have.

Wow, I didn't know things were still this bad. Why in heaven's name would they want new consultants to experience this???? Maybe, they need to rethink this and let the new consultants go on the old system.

How in the world can the tax rate change daily????

I 'm under the home office but I did email a National Senior Exec who I slightly know if she had any tips. Haven't heard anything back from her. I would imagine everyone is being effected by this.

For the first time in 21 years, I'm kind of scared to recruit anyone right now and also scared if my team does any recruiting.

I don't think I could be as calm as you. I'm only a 3 hour drive from the H.O. I would probably drive up there and knock some heads together.

What a shame that this is your new recruits first experience with P.C. It's very sad for me to hear these stories. When I started we set the example of how a direct sales company operated. Hopefully soon, they will get this resolved!

Anybody have any positive experence with the new web?

Karen

Personally, I am just so frustrated still that I don't feel comfortable bringing on new team members. This system sucks!

cookingwithlove said:
Personally, I am just so frustrated still that I don't feel comfortable bringing on new team members. This system sucks!

I just had this exact conversation with my NED today.

If I were new and had to deal with this system, even when it works, I would have been gone about as fast as I arrived. Now I have 2 people that I have to talk to that are very interested in signing and one of my consultants has a gal who's supposed to sign at the end of the month (then I'm going to be completely responsible for her since my consultant isn't on the new web). I simply don't trust this system and I am not computer saavy enough/at all to help deal with inevitable issues. On the other hand, I also don't want to discourage anyone from starting their own business, one that is spectacular aside from this mess.

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is holding back on recruiting right now because of the new web. I thought I was using it as an excuse to not follow-up with some people. If they're taking this long to fix all of the problems and are letting existing Directors use P3, perhaps they are at the point where they should let the new people on to P3. It's quickly coming up on 2 months of the new web with no date in sight for bringing on TLs, etc. Imagine the consultant who signed May 3 or 4 and has been dealing with this and hasn't had P3 to fall back on?

Becca_in_MD said:
OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is holding back on recruiting right now because of the new web. I thought I was using it as an excuse to not follow-up with some people. If they're taking this long to fix all of the problems and are letting existing Directors use P3, perhaps they are at the point where they should let the new people on to P3. It's quickly coming up on 2 months of the new web with no date in sight for bringing on TLs, etc. Imagine the consultant who signed May 3 or 4 and has been dealing with this and hasn't had P3 to fall back on?

I have someone who signed before the web and is having a time getting P3. She has a recruit lead who the consultant has led me to believe...well to put it bluntly, won't even "get" P3! Not that she will have the chance, but heck this really scares me. I have 2 leads that unfortunately I have not pushed because I tried but could not complete a show on the new web.

I am very sorry that these new recruits are having so much trouble!!! Just for a positive, I have signed a new recruit and she sent in a show with out a problem last month. I have not switched to the new web at all and I was able to be on the phone with her answer her questions and she submitted without a hitch. I have another new downline recruit so we will see how it goes.

My new recruit submitted her $1000+ show with little trouble but then she didn't figure out the taxes separately from the program...

My two newest who signed this month have both submitted $1000+ and neither have had any problems at all inputting or submitting.

I, too, have had a new recruit who submitted her first show on her own. She is very independent, thankfully. Her not having problems, at least none that I heard about, made me think it was just me making excuses about not signing people under the new web. I dunno.

I haven't signed anyone in 2 months, focusing on my personal business and won't sign anyone until this is resolved. Not worth it.. don't have the time, energy or patience to "make it ok" when I have ZERO control over any of these issues.

finley1991 said:
My two newest who signed this month have both submitted $1000+ and neither have had any problems at all inputting or submitting.

They are probably better off not knowing how P3 worked. They won't know that P3 would let you know how much more free product the host has yet to pick but the new web doesn't, you need a calulator handy. They won't know that the web doesn't tell you how many 1/2 price the has earned, you have to look it up. They won't know that searching for a customer is a joke and doesn't show you name selection as you type, and then you can't see all the names you do get b/c you can't scroll down, you have to make the font smaller, smaller to see them. They won't know that in P3, you could put in a dollar amount if you needed to find a product under a certain price. So many features are gone. You can't print a thank you letter to the host. For me, I use P3 to get all this information so I can use the new web.

Sandi

pcjenni said:
I haven't signed anyone in 2 months, focusing on my personal business and won't sign anyone until this is resolved. Not worth it.. don't have the time, energy or patience to "make it ok" when I have ZERO control over any of these issues.

Jenni, This is how I feel too. I am sure I have the "wrong" attitude, but I am struggling staying possitive and I think that will show to any new consultants I sign. I would be curious to see how the new web has affected overall sales and recruiting for the company.

cookingwithlove said:
Jenni, This is how I feel too. I am sure I have the "wrong" attitude, but I am struggling staying possitive and I think that will show to any new consultants I sign. I would be curious to see how the new web has affected overall sales and recruiting for the company.

In a discussion with my NED about my concern over recruiting because of all the problems, she remarked "we're loosing people left and right".

update: My poor new gal had even more issues last night. She has an out of state show that doesn't even charge tax. Her host order is wrong b/c it isn't figuring the % off right. UGH. I no longer have hair on my head! On a positive note: I have learned, host can input their order in the web on their own, and a guest can go back in and make changes to their order after it was placed. Also, I've complained (a lot) and we seem to be #1 on the list at HO to get things fixed for her. Halleluiah! Too bad she's left to go out of town on a camping trip and can't be reached until Mon. Sigh.

1. What should be my first step as a new consultant on a new web?

As a new consultant on a new web, your first step should be to thoroughly research the company or organization you will be working with. This includes understanding their goals, target audience, and current online presence. This information will help guide your recommendations and strategies.

2. How can I establish credibility as a new consultant on a new web?

To establish credibility as a new consultant on a new web, it is important to showcase your knowledge and expertise. This can be done through creating a professional online presence, sharing case studies or success stories from past clients, and staying up-to-date on industry trends and best practices.

3. What are some key elements to include in a web consulting proposal?

A web consulting proposal should include a clear understanding of the client's needs and goals, a breakdown of your services and deliverables, a timeline for completion, and a detailed pricing structure. It is also important to address any potential challenges and how you plan to overcome them.

4. How can I ensure effective communication with my client as a new consultant on a new web?

Effective communication with your client is crucial in building a successful working relationship. As a new consultant on a new web, it is important to establish a communication plan and stick to it. This may include regular check-ins, setting expectations for response times, and utilizing various communication channels such as email, phone, or video conferencing.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid as a new consultant on a new web?

Some common mistakes to avoid as a new consultant on a new web include overpromising and underdelivering, not thoroughly understanding the client's needs, and not setting clear expectations and boundaries with the client. It is also important to continuously learn and adapt to new technologies and industry changes in order to stay competitive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jillmami