• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking About Becoming a Consultant.

well, make a lot of money!:)Welcome to Chefsuccess, Julie! To answer your question, you earn 20% commission on sales ranging from $1-$749, 22% on sales between $750-$1,249, and 23% on sales between $1,250-$2,499. As you recruit more clients, your commission rate will increase. Thanks for joining us and good luck in your endeavors!
phatratz
I am thinking about becomming a consultant. I'm not sure if I want to start in February or April. The reason I am leaning towards February is beacuase of the host specials. I believe I can get four parties scheduled and pulled off by the end of the month. My question is: If the party is held in February, but the show doesn't close until March...does the host get the February or March host specials?

If it's dated February, they get February specials. The only thing that affects is what you earn when via incentives or your commission. Feb is a great special!

If the show is dated in February, but closed in March, you'd still get the host specials for Feb. YES that is a great month to get hosts to book shows because of that awesome special!!! Way to go! Are you hosting your own show too? That's a great way to announce your biz and have a GRAND OPENING show. Those can be lots of fun and result in lots of bookings. Way to go for thinking about joining such an awesome company! PLUS if you sign in Feb, there's a sign-on bonus that's awesome. Do you have a consultant you're working with to fill you in on all of this? If not, just post questions here and I'm sure we'll all help answer questions. As you may have seen already, this is an awesome and friendly group!!!!:D :D

No, I don't have anyone I am working with. I paid my dues to the forum and have been learning everything on here.

I didn't know about a sign-on bonus, tell me more....
And, I saw to qualify I would need 4 parties and $1250 sales, but I don't know the rewards of qualifying...

I can't figure out how to attach the PDF, so I PM'ed you. I know how to email it if you'd like to see it I can send it that way.

here's the PDF of the sign on bonus. It's awesome!!! There are other benefits once you become qualified too.....if you have a website through PC, you also can accept wedding registries on there and individual orders too!! :)

I wonder if I can try to attach the flyer????

Ooops, I hit submit too soon.

Here are the details about the sign on bonus....

Attachments

• rp_08jan_feb_recruit.pdf
    223.7 KB · Views: 301
LoL!! We both tried at the same time. Don't mean to hi-jack the tread, but how did u attach the PDF??

I have it saved from CC as a pdf file. Then I just click on "Manage Attachments" below and browse my own files to find it and double click on it. :)

ETA: I didn't try your link, but that works just as well I believe.

Thanks for all the help. You all are great!

Not a problem. We are here to help each other out. I'm new also and know what it's like to be in the deciding process. I researched into this alot before I joined Pampered Chef & I'm soooo happy doing it!! It's like an addiction!! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone is sooo nice on here. By the way, where are you from... I don't believe we had a formal introduction....

The commission is 20% right?
What are and how does one earn Pampered Chef dollars?
How do sample products work?

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
It's like an addiction!! .
Isn't THAT the truth!!!:)

My name is Julie and I live around Syracuse, NY

Commission is actually 20-25% depending on your sales for the month and you can earn a lot extra in your first 30-90 days to use on PC product, supplies and such. I pm'd you regarding that as well. Take advantage of that b/c we all love free stuff and we love to hear about new consultants earning a ton of PC dollars!

Julie:

Welcome to Chefsuccess! To answer your last question, commission starts at 20% for new consultants and can increase up to 25% in any given month, based on the sales submitted.

All consultants have an opportunity to earn new season sample products for free. Generally the new Fall products are earned in June, although last year we earned some in July, too! Right now, consultants are working to earn some of the Help Whip Cancer products which are available in May only. If you don't earn the products, they are usually made available to consultants at about 50% off retail.

Hope this helps!

Mary

Nice to meet you Julie! I'm Amy & from the Pittsburgh area. You earn commission based on monthly sales. $1-$749 is 20%, $750- $1,249 is 22%, $1,250- $2,499 is 23%, $2,500 - $3,999 is 24% and $4000+ is 25%. As you recruit your commission increases & you earn a portion of their sales as well. The same products you can purchase once you get your consultant ID & the are basically the products that are for the new season. The are also HEAVILY discounted and there are sets available that offer multiply products at a reduced price; however there are also a few "open stock" items.

You'll get Pampered Chef dollars in a variety of ways. The first way is through the new consultant reward program. If you submit those 4 shows in your first 30 days, you'll receive $200 PC dollars. You can then use the PC$$ to buy products or business supplies. I'll send you a private message with the new consultant rewards program -- since I have no clue how to attach it here.

Attachments

• new_consultant_brochure_en_ca.pdf
    459.3 KB · Views: 467
oooh-- I'm getting better at this :) I added the attachment (I'm typing with 1 hand as I pat myself on the back -- this is a big deal for one as tech-challenged as I am - lol)

Welcome to Chef Success. You have come to a great place to learn about our business. Feel free to contact any one of us to learn more. Normally a consultant signs with the consultant they are working with or contacts Pampered Chef for a referral which you certainly could do. Sounds like you've been checking us out here though - that is fine too. Just contact the person who seems to have a similar style to yours. Location doesn't matter in this age of email and free long distance phone service.

Good luck to you!

Are host orders included in commissional sales?

phatratz said:
Are host orders included in commissional sales?
NOt the free, 1/2 price products or the host host special products they receive, but anything beyond that is commissionable. The BEST part about our host program is we don't have to pay for ANY host benefits. Nothing is taken out of commission either. NOt all companies do it that way.

Plus in your first 30 day, your hosts get a "charter host" gift just for doing a show!! This is in addition to their host benefits!! This means that they are getting TONS of free and reduced products for hosting a show!!

pamperedbecky said:
NOt the free, 1/2 price products or the host host special products they receive, but anything beyond that is commissionable. The BEST part about our host program is we don't have to pay for ANY host benefits. Nothing is taken out of commission either. NOt all companies do it that way.

In fact, we are a leading company for consultant's to join & hosts because of this!! That's just ONE of the reasons that PC is sooo wonderful!

What is the charter gift for February/March?

The charter gift is always the hot pad trivet or the hand soap.

I'm wondering if the hot pad trivet is still one though since it's now able to be purchased on the outlet?!?

Ok Synopsis….Let me know if everything is right.

If I sign in February, and the parties are held in February, even though the party doesn’t close until March. The hosts get the February Host Special.

Parties held in the first 30 days get a charter gift…a hot pad trivet or hand soap.

So for February:

2 60% off items
12 Buying Guests Mix ’N Scraper
Every Guest 7” Serrated Bamboo Spreader
Over $60 free choice sprinkles
Charter Gift

Commission in 30 Days
1-849 20%
850-1499 22%
1500-349 23%

4 Shows and 1250 to Qualify 30 days
Get 3 knives free
After qualify get internet privledges.

Samples can be earned, or are generally 50% off.
4th Month item 40% off
New items will be June or July

Pampered Chef dollars can be used toward products or supplies
First 30 Days 4 Shows Submitted 200
First 90 100 for every 4 shows
100 for every $5k
100 for every recruit

Free, ½ price items and host specials not included in commissionable dollars
Consultant doesn’t pay for Host Gift

Thanks, Anything else I should know?

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
I'm wondering if the hot pad trivet is still one though since it's now able to be purchased on the outlet?!?
That's the red one that used to be around. Now it's offered in the catalog in cranberry, so that's the one that comes as the charter host gift.

It looks like you pretty much have it right. The percentages for commission are a little off, but you get the idea. I'll see if I can find a table for you.

It's 4 shows or $1250 whichever comes first. Also, you can purchase your own website through Pampered Chef, but can't collect individual orders or set up wedding registries; However, you can set it up so the host can have her guests order products thru the website. Also, the charter gift isn't just a Feb. special, it's just a special for your first 30 days.

$1-$749 20%
$750- $1,249 22%
$1,250- $2,499 23%
$2,500 - $3,999 24%
$4000+ 25%

The commission scale is not just the 30 days. It's for all sales. It's just based on sales submitted in the month. You mentioned not paying for the host specials, but we don't pay for any specials (guest or host or recruit). The only costs are postage, phone, supplies, etc and they are great deductions.

It's a lot of info to absorb, but it really isn't too bad.

Jules711 said:
It's a lot of info to absorb, but it really isn't too bad.
Yeah, it can all be a little overwhelming!!! I think we're all so willing to provide answers to the questions that it's like we're all throwing up!
Not to be gross or anything.:p

I agree.. I was overwhelmed by the wealth of information at first too, but a good director & being on here is what saved me!!

Welcome to Chef Success and Pampered Chef!! I think it's fabulous that you joined this before you joined PC. I personally think you should sign up in Feb & not wait until April - you'll get the signing bonus, great host specials, jump into spring products & have almost a full year to earn a trip!! Kuddos to you for doing all this on your own!! You will be awesome!! Sign the deal!!

phatratz said:
Ok Synopsis….Let me know if everything is right.

If I sign in February, and the parties are held in February, even though the party doesn’t close until March. The hosts get the February Host Special.

Parties held in the first 30 days get a charter gift…a hot pad trivet or hand soap.

So for February:

2 60% off items
12 Buying Guests Mix ’N Scraper
Every Guest 7” Serrated Bamboo Spreader
Over $60 free choice sprinkles
Charter Gift

Commission in 30 Days
1-849 20%
850-1499 22%
1500-349 23%

4 Shows and 1250 to Qualify 30 days
Get 3 knives free
After qualify get internet privledges.

Samples can be earned, or are generally 50% off.
4th Month item 40% off
New items will be June or July

Pampered Chef dollars can be used toward products or supplies
First 30 Days 4 Shows Submitted 200
First 90 100 for every 4 shows
100 for every $5k
100 for every recruit

Free, ½ price items and host specials not included in commissionable dollars
Consultant doesn’t pay for Host Gift

Thanks, Anything else I should know?

I think to qualify you need 4 shows OR $1250 in sales (at least that's what it is in Canada, except we need $1500)
plus, you can get your website immediately, just not with all the features (individual orders, registry)
samples can be ordered 50% off for a limited amount of time at the beginning of each selling season (or within a short time of signing on as a consultant, should you sign mid-season). April &/or your 4th month is when you can buy product at 40% off
I think that covers it :) (hope that's all accurate for the US -- that's how we do it in Canada)

Definitely sign NOW because of the Amazing Host Specials and the Sign on Promo of the forged cutlery! Who knows if there will be a promo in April! And these are the BEST specials I have seen yet!

Welcome to CS! I too joined here first, doing my PC research before signing on as a consultant!

Good luck and we are all here to help you out to answer all the ???? you have! I know I had a million of them which everyone was so kind to help !

I have a great little spreadsheet that I made for my new consultants to help them with all the little details that you need to take care of in the beginning. I was pretty much on my own in the beginning so I make sure they know they are NOT! Let me know if you need the support document.

PartiesbyJamie said:
I have a great little spreadsheet that I made for my new consultants to help them with all the little details that you need to take care of in the beginning. I was pretty much on my own in the beginning so I make sure they know they are NOT! Let me know if you need the support document.
Could you post it here? I know we're all looking for nice, organized things like that! I have an email I send all my new consultants that summarizes a few things, but a spreadsheet sounds much more organized.:D

Sounds like everyone answered your questions; just thought I'd say good luck! This is an awesome company:)

phatratz said:
No, I don't have anyone I am working with. I paid my dues to the forum and have been learning everything on here....

Hi Julie ~

I am just reading these posts - and you state that you are not working with a consultant to help sign you up to be a Pampered Chef consultant.:chef:

... IF NOT ...

Of course you can sign under anyone you choose, but I would certainly suggest you sign with one of the consultants on this thread who have been helping you so far. As you will soon find out - that is part of our job as a recruitor - TO ASK -- and then to help you in any way we can... All of the questions you are asking are great questions and are basically what your recruitor would go over with you when he/she sits down with you to order your kit.

You will receive MUCHO help here at Chef Success...from all of us...it is a great board to help others - especially those jsut starting out...

NOW is a fantastic time to join the business and I wish you well in your decisions....

WELCOME TO our little world :cool:

I would love your support document! I am going to be joining PC in Feb soon as I have 6 dates for shows so I know I can meet the 4 shows or $1250. I am trying to learn as MUCH as possible as quick as I can, there is only 2weeks left to get the ball going.
Thank You
Stephanie

Ditto to what everyone else said! I hope you take advantage of the amazing bonus right now and look forward to seeing you here on Chef Success!!:)

pamperedbecky said:
Could you post it here? I know we're all looking for nice, organized things like that! I have an email I send all my new consultants that summarizes a few things, but a spreadsheet sounds much more organized.:D
Would love to if someone can tell me how :)

PartiesbyJamie said:
Would love to if someone can tell me how :)
To post something, after you write something in the little "Post Reply" section, scroll down and you'll see a button that says "Manage Attachments." Click on this and it'll let you browse your own computer's files. Go find where you saved the documents that you want to post and double click on them. You have do it separately for each thing you're attaching. It puts them in the manage attachments box and then there's a button that says "Upload File." Click on this and it'll attach it to your post. You still have to click on "Submit Post" for it to be posted. I hope this makes sense!

If all else fails, feel free to email it to me at [email protected] and I can post it for everyone.:D

Last edited:
pamperedbecky said:
To post something, after you write something in the little "Post Reply" section, scroll down and you'll see a button that says "Manage Attachments." Click on this and it'll let you browse your own computer's files. Go find where you saved the documents that you want to post and double click on them. You have do it separately for each thing you're attaching. It puts them in the manage attachments box and then there's a button that says "Upload File." Click on this and it'll attach it to your post. You still have to click on "Submit Post" for it to be posted. I hope this makes sense!

If all else fails, feel free to email it to me at [email protected] and I can post it for everyone.:D
Thanks - it's an excel spreadsheet file (.xls) and won't allow me to upload. I can convert it over to a word doc & try that. I'm happy to email to anyone that needs/wants it quick before I convert it. Just send me a PM or email.

<h2>1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn an income, enjoy flexible hours, and be a part of a supportive community. You also get to enjoy discounts on products and have the chance to earn free products. It's a great way to turn your love for cooking and entertaining into a business.</p><h2>2. How much does it cost to become a consultant?</h2><p>The current starter kit for Pampered Chef consultants is $99 plus tax and shipping. This kit includes all the tools and resources you need to start your business, including product samples and business supplies. There are also payment plan options available for those who may need them.</p><h2>3. Do I have to meet a sales quota as a consultant?</h2><p>There is no sales quota for Pampered Chef consultants. You have the freedom to work at your own pace and set your own goals. However, the more you sell, the more you can earn in commissions and bonuses. It's up to you to decide how much time and effort you want to put into your business.</p><h2>4. Can I still be a consultant if I have a full-time job?</h2><p>Absolutely! Many Pampered Chef consultants have full-time jobs and use their consultant business as a way to earn extra income or pursue a passion. You can work your Pampered Chef business around your schedule and make it as big or small as you want.</p><h2>5. If I schedule a party in one month but the show doesn't close until the next month, which host specials will apply?</h2><p>The host specials for your party will depend on when the party is held. If the party is held in February, the February host specials will apply, regardless of when the show closes. However, if you have a party scheduled for March, the March host specials will apply, even if the show closes in April. This is why it's important to schedule parties strategically to take advantage of the best host specials.</p>

1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn an income, enjoy flexible hours, and be a part of a supportive community. You also get to enjoy discounts on products and have the chance to earn free products. It's a great way to turn your love for cooking and entertaining into a business.

2. How much does it cost to become a consultant?

The current starter kit for Pampered Chef consultants is $99 plus tax and shipping. This kit includes all the tools and resources you need to start your business, including product samples and business supplies. There are also payment plan options available for those who may need them.

3. Do I have to meet a sales quota as a consultant?

There is no sales quota for Pampered Chef consultants. You have the freedom to work at your own pace and set your own goals. However, the more you sell, the more you can earn in commissions and bonuses. It's up to you to decide how much time and effort you want to put into your business.

4. Can I still be a consultant if I have a full-time job?

Absolutely! Many Pampered Chef consultants have full-time jobs and use their consultant business as a way to earn extra income or pursue a passion. You can work your Pampered Chef business around your schedule and make it as big or small as you want.

5. If I schedule a party in one month but the show doesn't close until the next month, which host specials will apply?

The host specials for your party will depend on when the party is held. If the party is held in February, the February host specials will apply, regardless of when the show closes. However, if you have a party scheduled for March, the March host specials will apply, even if the show closes in April. This is why it's important to schedule parties strategically to take advantage of the best host specials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SonyaVerrillo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • pamperedalf
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Tara Dotson