• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some creative theme ideas for your next Spring/Summer party?

In summary, a few people mentioned wanting to do more themed shows, and a couple people mentioned wanting to do themed shows in addition to the recipes.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
The one change I want to make is to offer theme shows instead of just recipes. The two thoughts I have already are a grilling theme show (still need a name) and Mexican in Minutes. The grilling show, we would do a grilled pizza; Mexican in Minutes would be fajitas in the DCB with Margaritas or some other kind of drink. I'm trying to come up with one or two more, maybe a dessert one. Figured I would see what others have used that have worked for them.

I do the dessert on the grill using pound cake cubed, strawberries, pineapple (cut using the wedgers) and bananas. Toss lightly in melted butter and grill in the basket or with the skewers. Serve over ice cream and with sprinkles. Its a hit every time!

Last summer I did the three cheese garden pizza on the grill and did "Grill Party" themes all summer. Huge hit, and if it rained, we had a "plan b" where we made it inside.

There will be some great ones to do this Spring...just wait till Saturday and we can share them. ;)

I've done Mexican and Mojitos before using the QSP and the Taco Tartlets. B

wadesgirl said:
The one change I want to make is to offer theme shows instead of just recipes. The two thoughts I have already are a grilling theme show (still need a name) and Mexican in Minutes. The grilling show, we would do a grilled pizza; Mexican in Minutes would be fajitas in the DCB with Margaritas or some other kind of drink. I'm trying to come up with one or two more, maybe a dessert one. Figured I would see what others have used that have worked for them.

What about an Ice Cream Sundae show??? Would be a great way to sample some of the dessert sauces and I think you could include a TON of products.

DebinIA said:
What about an Ice Cream Sundae show??? Would be a great way to sample some of the dessert sauces and I think you could include a TON of products.

I've done this and it's fun! I've done a "Dress Your Banana" theme and then we use those banana's for the sundaes. (fyi, incase you don't already know it, Barbie clothes fit bananas :D)

Did the Mexican in Minutes / Fast Fajitas last night, with "Mockaritas":2 (12 ounce) cans frozen limeade, thawed
1 cup orange juice – measure with Measure-All cup
2 qt line – ice
2 qts lemon-lime soda
1 orange
Coarse Sea & Himalayan SaltCombine ingredients in Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher, allow guests to plunge to mix.
Wedge orange with Veggie Wedger, Show Grinder (how to adjust) & grind salt onto Appetizer plate (each guest grinds their own), rub rim with orange, dip into salt (can use Lemon sprinkle instead, but the salt makes it margarita-y) (split ingredients in half to use small quick stir)

I've come up with a couple good ones, but have to wait until some of the others attend SL this weekend first ;)

fotojunkie said:
I've come up with a couple good ones, but have to wait until some of the others attend SL this weekend first ;)

Please share as soon as they are done!

Yes! The ideas shared at SL were GREAT!!

I've also started offering theme shows as a way of increasing bookings (I loved the Jillian Grant training on Youtube that someone posted). I just sat down one day and made a list of the theme shows I'd be willing to offer, and then I make sure to talk about at lea fost some of them at my show. It's worked so amazingly well so far (one show I had 4 bookings, the other, 3 bookings, even with a smaller crowd).
I also list my themes on my door prize draw slip, and encourage guests to circle the ones they're interested in.
My theme shows are the following:
Death by Chocolate
Mexican Fiesta
Hawaiian Luau
Mediterranean Cruise
30 minute Magic Pot
29 minutes to Dinner
Entertaining 101
Soup & Slippers
Saturday Morning Brunch
Fresh & HealthyThe recipes are easy ones (some fit into various categories), but it's amazing how much more people want to host when I focus less on 'free stuff', but more on a fun and interesting evening with their friends.

Does that mean you make your own door prize slip? Would you mind sharing?

Now that everyone knows (mostly everyone), I am bumping this thread again. There were great ideas at launch, plus some fantastic new products that ay spark themes or updating existing themes.

The couple specifically mentioned at Launch tht should be in our paperwork I hope....."Dinner in a Dash", "In or Out Pizza show" , "Happy Hour Show". I liked the one in th Frb CN....."Sweats & Slippers Show". Or a "ice cream Sundae" show...using the brownie pan to make brownie squares you then top with ice cream and then maybe samplings of our dessert sauces.

Wrap it Up
Grilled Potato Bar
Pantry Tasting
Bites 'n Bevs

In a couple weeks I'm going to be doing a Wine and Dessert party. The hostess is going to have a triffle (in the triffle bowl of course) and fruit dip (as a slightly healthier option). During the party we'll make the Rocky Road Brownie. We're meeting up later this week to pick out a couple more recipes for it. Maybe a cheese cake since it can be made the day before if needed.

Brownie Sundae Bar
Wrap It Up
Sweet Tarts? (Not sure...need to play around with recipe ideas and how much they serve and how long they take)

I have to be honest that in 5 years I have done very few "theme" type shows. Just hasn't me to be honest but after Spring Launch I am really considering the idea of ...

- Brownie/Ice Cream Sundae bar
- A 'tasting" theme with chicken breasts in the DCB sampling our sauces. Another consultant at Spring Launch mentioned that instead of chicken in the DCB she does frozen meatballs....5 minutes in microwave and they are done.
- I really like the wraps in the new Seasons Best so that is also a consideration.

"Theme" shows will make each hosts party seem more unique with the new technology coming. Here's the secret - you give it a name and a "theme" but it's the same show you've always done!

I have had two theme shows so far this year and they have been huge hits. I have decided to continue with a different theme every month. January was Murder Mystery Month. February I offered Death by Chocolate and for March it will be all about comfort. Sweats and Slippers. Offering one theme for the entire month helps me with planning my shows and my host and their guest really love the idea.

Do you have the recipes for each of your theme shows and do you display these in a binder separate from the door prize slips??

What theme shows is everyone doing this summer?

Hi Lorraine

I'm a fairly new consultant and in need of show ideas! I just love your ideas and would love the details of your themed shows if you don't mind! My email is [email protected]! Thank you so much :D

Bumping

I saw a theme show idea on You Tube by Sharon Zelen I think; it was titled Wine Cheese & Chocolate. what's she did was have the Host asked her guests to bring 1 bottle of their favorite wine she bought colored stretch socks,disposable shot glasses at the dollar tree and made numbered tags out of zip ties and foam hearts also bought at the dollar tree, when guests arrive they pick out a sock and a tag and put them on their bottle so you guests can't see the bottle; after they taste the different wines they vote on their favorite one The person who brought the winning wine gets the prize she gives them the dripless,pourer stopper and then she starts her regular show. For the cheese part she either has the host provide cheese and crackers or makes a cheesy dip, and for show recipe she makes something choc like the molten choc. lava cake or smores cake it sounds like it would be a fun show. check it out.

What are the benefits of hosting a theme show for Spring/Summer?

Hosting a theme show for Spring/Summer is a great way to kick off the season and get your friends and family together for a fun and unique event. Not only will you have the opportunity to try out new products and recipes, but you can also earn free and discounted products as a host. Plus, theme shows are a great way to get inspired and learn new tips and tricks for cooking and entertaining during the warmer months.

What types of themes are available for Spring/Summer theme shows?

There are a variety of themes available for Spring/Summer theme shows, including BBQs and grilling, outdoor entertaining, summer salads and sides, and even tropical or beach inspired themes. You can also choose to focus on specific products, such as grilling tools or salad making accessories, to make your theme show more specialized.

How do I prepare for a Spring/Summer theme show?

Preparing for a Spring/Summer theme show is easy and fun! First, choose a date and invite your guests. Then, work with your Pampered Chef consultant to plan the menu and decide on any decorations or activities you want to incorporate. Make sure to also have plenty of catalogues and order forms available for your guests to browse and place orders.

Can I customize my Spring/Summer theme show menu?

Yes, you can absolutely customize your theme show menu to fit your preferences and dietary needs. Our Pampered Chef consultants can work with you to create a menu that incorporates your favorite products and recipes, while also catering to any allergies or dietary restrictions you or your guests may have.

Are there any special deals or promotions for Spring/Summer theme shows?

Yes, there are often special deals and promotions available for Spring/Summer theme shows. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide more information on any current offers and help you take advantage of them as a host. Plus, as a thank you for hosting, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your theme show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • raebates