The Sealed Envelope Game

Discussion in 'Theme Shows' started by KrisGio, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrisGio

KrisGio

Hi I was looking for other games, I have two right now. Has anyone done this Sealed Envelope Game and do they find it works or it doesn't work and why? Thanks.:chef:

2. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Gold Member

I did this for a few months 2 yeas ago. It did really help grow my Biz. I had my best year ever. It is all in how you present it. I learned it from a Karen Phelps presentation. You can google her she does great dorect sales training. I quit doing it after a while as it was starting to cut into my profits too much.

3. christinaspc

christinaspc Silver Member

What all does it intell ?

4. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Gold Member

This is how I learned it from Karen Phelps... Direct Selling Expert, Karen Phelps

I have 15-20 envelopes all with a prize under $10.00 in it. 3 also say "book a show". At the end of my demo I pass them and say “Please do not open until everyone has one then I will tell you how game works”. I say all envelopes have a prize but a few do also say “book a Show” if you open it and it says book a show they will be picking a date to have a show with me within 30 days and they get the prize on their order of their show.

I also have 3 larger envelopes or small gift bags for those who are definitely thinking of having a show with better prizes in them. about a 15$ value.

I then go around and ask them if they want to open it, pass the envelope back or trade up for the better gift.

There are always gamblers in the room.

I do stress to them if they really do NOT want to have a show please just pass it back , it will not hurt my feelings! If they open it and it says book a show they are making a commitment to me.

5. baychef

baychef Silver Member

I have used her open date card too. Although it has not helped for the next few weeks, I still feel like I am offering them something if they decide to take me up on a booking date.

6. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Gold Member

I also Love the open date card!

7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

What is the Open Date Card?

8. amy07

amy07

I've never had much success with these types of things. Asking seems to work best for me. I "think" I come across as desperate when I try to to this, so that is probably what it looks like to the guests and why it doesn't work for me. However, I do recommend it to my team members when they really ned bookings. I think it just depends on the crowd and the presenter...........

9. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Gold Member

It is a sheet you print out and have your next few available dates on. When you print it fold it in 1/2. On 1 side are your dates you want to book first. Other side has dates a bit further out.

When someone expresses interest in booking you show them the card and they put their name down on a date.

Not as visual as a booking tree but it is good if you do not like to bring your whole calendar and to controll your calendar.

Here is the one I made...

Attached Files:

10. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Gold Member

It is all in the way you present it. Like say you are doing something a little different this month or say something like "I working toward earning .... so to change things up a bit I am offering some extra incentives!"

I agree it is not something to do all the time.

11. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Gold Member

I like the Dice Game too. You have to do it with "no expression" when the Dice are rolled though... The first time I did it, I very visibly reacted when the person threw "Snake Eyes" which won the DCB. I've attached the "rules".

Attached Files:

12. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy

Have you had a situation where someone really doesn't want to host and ends up feeling like they have to? Do they end up with good shows?

13. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Gold Member

I've only played the one time and got one booking and the winner of the DCB.

My HD did it for 2 months and got 16 bookings out of it. No one minded booking. It took that long for her to get a winner of the DCB!

14. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Gold Member

15. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Gold Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.