• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theDifference Between Pampered Chef and Party Lite

In summary, Heather's experience hosting a show with Party Lite was not what she expected. She was not told up front that she would have to pay $12.95 for the additional $100, and she also had to pay taxes on her "free" items. She ended up canceling the show she had booked because she did not have the money to pay for all her free products.
pcheframsey
I'm finding out there is a big difference between us and Party Lite. I just hosted a show last Saturday and I'm closing it today. They have a promotion going on now that you can get $100 extra to spend if you have 10 orders. What I wasn't told until about 5 minutes ago was that it cost me $12.95! I had to pay $12.95 to get the extra $100. :mad: I probably would have been ok with it if the rep (who happens to be a friend of mine) had told me up front. They also charge 10% for S&H for all guests, and hostesses have to pay a flat $4 for S&H. We also have to pay tax on all the "FREE" stuff we earn by hosting a show. I ended up earning almost $250 in "free" stuff (including the extra $100) and ended up paying about $17 in tax on that alone, not including the half price items and hostess specials. :( I had to book a show off this one so that I could get the "free" stuff and hostess specials since no one else wanted to book a show (now I know why), but I think I'll end up cancelling it. I don't have the money to pay for all my free stuff.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Heather - PC pays for the taxes on our host's free stuff. Now you know why we love our company!

Sorry to hear about that, but it's good to know about other DS company host programs out there!

The other difference is that I've never been able to light anything from TPC and worse, when I tried to chop onions with a PartyLite product, I was never able to get chopped onion and just got wax all over everything. What a mess!

Premier makes you pay tax on the freebies too...so when I got 400 bucks in free jewelry a couple ofmonths ago it cost me over 30 bucks!

IT'll be interesting to see how my hosting rewards from a scrapbooking company compare when I have a show swap in March!!!?? I will let ya know!

I just had a PL show too to get the extra $100 and 9 dozen candles for $12.00. I only got 6 orders and $200, but you had to have $250. I made up 4 orders that equaled $50! I still thought it was a good deal -$100 in products for $12.95. I ended up getting $163 in free products and a half price item for having a $250 show, which is pretty good I think!! I don't think their host benefits are very good without the bonus $100 deal, but with it I made out like a bandit!!

Heather- are you swapping with CM? I love their products (especially all the organizer stuff) and made a huge host order. My consultant told me that my order counts on the show total, and I got to a whole new level of free stuff because of my own order!!

No it'a a newer co called Close to my heart. I'm not all that into scrapbooking but ohwell it will still be interesting to host a show!

I LOVE Close To My Heart!! GREAT stuff!!

They do have some cool stuff!!

I LOVE the paper kits that have all the coordinating papers, etc. I am going to a 12 hour crop on Jan 27th and I'm hoping the CTMH rep will be there. :D

One of my recent hosts must be used to those other companies. When she was picking out her free stuff, she left some of the value for tax and was shocked when I told her that she actually got to use the whole amount.

chefann said:
One of my recent hosts must be used to those other companies. When she was picking out her free stuff, she left some of the value for tax and was shocked when I told her that she actually got to use the whole amount.
I had a host once who also calculated for tax on fREE stuff and I was like umm no tax on our FREE stuff!:D Now I guess I know why she did that!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The other difference is that I've never been able to light anything from TPC and worse, when I tried to chop onions with a PartyLite product, I was never able to get chopped onion and just got wax all over everything. What a mess!

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought the same way KG....and KNEW that you would have to chime in!

yup , i did a at home america show and the same thing happened to me ! The shipping was outrageuos !!!

Just had a lightbulb moment. I think I'll start mentioning the free shipping and no tax on free stuff when I mention host benefits. Might entice a few of those people who've been discouraged from hosting because of experiences with other DS companies.

I forgot to say I am in Alaska, so the PL shipping "caps" at $30. My SIL told me that like I was getting some kinda deal! Ahhhh, only $30 shipping, what a bargain!! YEAH RIGHT!!

i'm not just saying this cuz i sell it, but pampered chef really does have the best benifits to hosting a party.

Gillian and Heather~
gilliandanielle said:
Heather- are you swapping with CM? I love their products (especially all the organizer stuff) and made a huge host order. My consultant told me that my order counts on the show total, and I got to a whole new level of free stuff because of my own order!!

What organizational stuff, just for scrap booking, or life, home office, etc in general? I sure could use some of that!!!

I ordered PL from Valky, I used to sell PL, didn't learn once not to but tried twice, once in OH ok, once down here, lousy! I did a few other DSA's too as I was afraid to cook in front of others especially in their homes, and what for, it's not that bad even when the products don't work right for me!!!! LOL

Anyhow, maybe I would be interested in buying, especially if you would accept paypal (buyer credit,especially).

Thanks;

liz

chefmegan87 said:
i'm not just saying this cuz i sell it, but pampered chef really does have the best benifits to hosting a party.

I totally agree with you! I love when you can say, no your shipping is free! I'm in NH so we don't have sales tax. I think our host benefits are the best. I hate doing a show for another company and need to spend more just to get my "free" stuff! It sometimes helps us get bookings when people hear this.

raebates said:
Just had a lightbulb moment. I think I'll start mentioning the free shipping and no tax on free stuff when I mention host benefits. Might entice a few of those people who've been discouraged from hosting because of experiences with other DS companies.

It is definately a plus to our hosts---I love the expression on their faces when you close out their shows when they have forgotten about not having to pay the extra!

What is the difference between Pampered Chef and Party Lite?

Pampered Chef and Party Lite are both direct sales companies that offer high-quality kitchen and home products. However, there are a few key differences between the two.

What products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef specializes in kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items. They also offer a line of personal care and cleaning products.

What products does Party Lite offer?

Party Lite is known for their candles, home fragrance products, and home decor items. They also offer a selection of seasonal and holiday items.

Do both companies offer the opportunity to host parties and earn rewards?

Yes, both Pampered Chef and Party Lite offer the opportunity to host parties and earn rewards in the form of free products and discounts. However, the structure and benefits of the host rewards may vary between the two companies.

Can I become a consultant for both Pampered Chef and Party Lite?

Yes, it is possible to become a consultant for both companies. However, it is important to check with each company's policies and guidelines to ensure there are no conflicts of interest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies