• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Texas: Has Anyone Heard from Sheila?

In summary, Sheila's house was not damaged in the tornadoes that hit Texas, but friends and family are in the area and are staying safe.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
Has anyone heard from Sheila? I hear that Texas (Dallas area) was just hit HARD by brutal tornadoes! Stay safe everyone in that area.....

I'm on vacation in San Antonio! I'm okay. The in-laws and a lot of friends are there. I know my best friend is okay. The in-laws are okay too. FIL just checked on my house after the first round of tornadoes & said no damage. But I hear they have another 3 hours to go with this band of storms. Hoping things don't get too bad for those in the area! :(

Praying for your family and friends and your home Sheila!

Hey, everything I own is in Japan! LOL Most of what I have in the house is donated items, some loaner items. But I have good coverage. The house can be replaced. The babies are safe and that's what counts. ;)But yes, hoping all my friends & family stay safe too!!!

Hey Sheila, disasters sure seem to like being/happening wherever you are don't they? I wonder if you'd have the same kinda luck with the lottery ;)

lt1jane-albums-texas-tornadoes-picture1832-s-shepherd-dallas-photo.jpg

Until I saw this thread, I wasn't sure if what I saw in this picture taken by my cousin who lives in Dallas was smoke or something more ominous...

Jodi, I'm in San Antonio! The weather's nice & beautiful here. We were down on the riverwalk today with the kids. But I wish I could win the lotto! I hear I'd have better odds if I actually went out and purchased a ticket. I don't do much of that. But hubby sure makes up for lost time when he's in town & buys enough for both of us. LOL

We are safe, I live in Forney. It evidentally made national news. 4.4 miles from me a neighborhood of 95 homes was hit, 22 leveled, took a roof off an elementary school and hit a high school. If you saw the footage of the semi being tossed in the air, it was 22 miles from us.

Teresa & Shiela - was thinking of yall when all this started yesterday afternoon. Glad you're both safe. We had thunderstorms and a serious lightening show in central texas last night, but only half inch of rain.

Geez I can't spell this morning; sorry Sheila!

Jane, just curious. Can you check with your cousin and see what town she was in when this photo was taken?

So glad you are safe! I am so scared of a tornado! My cousin just had some hit two of the housing additions he owns homes in near Detroit. Amazingly both of his houses were spared! He rents one of them out.

I hear that Louisiana and Mississippi are in the tornado target zone today. Gosh, this weather is CRAZY! Please be safe, all!

Well, Father-in-law finally admitted the dog ran away in the storms. He can't find her & figured he needed to tell me.I have a doggie door so she can go in & out of the house as much as she wants, but once she's in, she's confined to the laundry room. He was checking her food & water each day while I was gone. We were planning to go back this morning anyway, so I'm off to Dallas to start checking the neighborhood & the dog pound for our 7 year old dog that we've had for 5 years. I'll be sad, but the kids will be very sad if we can't find her. :(

oh! That's so sad about your dog! I hope you find her. Is she microchipped?

Yes ... but it's a Japan microchip! LOL Hopefully, they'll be able to at least read a number on it. I've put up fliers on every "lost dog" website for the area that I could find & I'll go back down to the shelter again tomorrow. FIL didn't tell me when he first noticed, he drove around a while looking. He finally called me last night in San Antonio to tell me. I wasn't going to hit the road late at night with the little ones, so I waited until today to come home. We drove around for a while before dinner & before it got dark looking, but no luck. Hopefully, someone will find her soon! My 3 year old & 4 year old really don't get it. They think we should be able to find her fairly fast.

And OMG! Driving around looking at all the damage in my city today ... lots & LOTS of houses are BAD! A housing area starting about 6 streets north of me really took a hard hit, as did a bunch of businesses and houses to the West. It came at an angle about 1/2 mile to the west of me, & about 1/4 mile north of me. I guess I'm lucky that I still have the house. There's a chance the dog's still alive too. If the house was gone or badly damaged, I might not even have that hope. Lots & lots of damage to our city yet again.

Let's hope your dog's internal radar kicks in and comes back home.

He's probably laying low somewhere.

Sounds like the twister came almost as close to your place as it did to us last year. We were in the closet, but the suction outside was scary. The outer bands of the twister were in our cul de sac and hitting our house....fortunately it was in the end stages, so had weakened. But that time of year is on us again, and should be interesting for my kids....was pretty scary. Glad you guys were somewhere else.

Living here in TX, I've been in a few & heard that "freight train" sound more times than I care to remember. But yes, glad we were elsewhere. Although I have to admit, the dog would have been in the bathroom with us & not where she could run off if we were home. Sorry you were so close to one! Bobbi! :(

1. How can I participate in the "Prayers for Texas" event?

To participate in "Prayers for Texas," you can join the virtual event on Facebook where you can share your thoughts and prayers for those affected by the recent events in Texas. You can also participate by sending positive messages and donations to reputable organizations helping with relief efforts in Texas.

2. Who is Sheila and why is she mentioned in the event title?

Sheila is the name of a Pampered Chef consultant who resides in Texas and was personally impacted by the recent events. The event is named after her to show support and solidarity for her and her community during this difficult time.

3. Is there a deadline for sending prayers or donations?

There is no specific deadline for sending prayers or donations. The event is ongoing, and all contributions are welcome and appreciated at any time.

4. Can I donate directly through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can donate directly through Pampered Chef by purchasing certain products where a portion of the proceeds will be donated to relief efforts in Texas. You can also make a direct donation through Pampered Chef's website.

5. Are there any benefits for participating in the "Prayers for Texas" event?

The main benefit of participating in the "Prayers for Texas" event is the opportunity to show support and solidarity for those affected by the recent events in Texas. Additionally, by purchasing certain products or making direct donations, you can also contribute to relief efforts and make a positive impact on the affected communities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies