• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Testers? 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake

In summary, the conversation involved the creation and sharing of a recipe for "Hot Chocolate Trifle Cups" from the cookbook "Simply Sweet." The person who made the recipe enjoyed it so much that they ate two servings and planned to make it for their boss who loves red velvet cake. They also mentioned creating a "master dry mix" for future use. Later, someone else commented on the recipe, saying they didn't know what a "master dry mix" was and complimenting the recipe and flyer. The original poster then updated the recipe and apologized for sharing multiple versions of the recipe.
ChefetteDuJour
Gold Member
Yesterday I made the "Hot Chocolate Trifle Cups" in "Simply Sweet." I think my eyes might have rolled back in their sockets it was so good. I was hoping a night in the 'fridge would make the second one taste yucky, but no luck so I ate that one too.
My boss loves red velvet cake so I wanted to develop one to try at work. This version (attached) tasted great (to me) but I wasn't very careful with measuring the frosting ingredients. I did manage to set up a decent little photo shoot for it, though!
Short story long, I can't possibly make any more of these until I burn off the cake calories I ate (2 mos?). So if anyone wants to take on the calorie challenge and send suggestions, I would appreciate it.

SEE minor changes on later post file version 1.2

Attachments

• 2-Minute_Red_Velvet_White_Choc_CupCake.doc
    250 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
this
is
so
cooool!!!
okay, first the flyer is great. Second, it's easy. Third, finished product--how cute is that!? Finally, I live in a retirement community, lots of couples and singes. so nice to be able to make only 2, and have the master dry mix for later! Can't wait to try it later this week......I don't have the dots cups--I'll probably use pyrex.congratulations, you Chefette you!
Marghi

Probably a stupid question.... LOL
but what is a "master dry mix"??

Thanks... And That looks sooo yummy!! Great flyer!!

Thanks Marghi and Meigs! I appreciate your comments.
"Master Dry Mix" = my own sort of appellation I guess, for the Cake Mix + Pudding Mix.
I'm not sure how pervasive Red Velvet Cake is (Canada?) but now that Paula Deen and Martha Stewart are on board with it, I imagine Duncan Hines must be taking it pretty much global? It's pretty big in the Southern US.

I found a duplication of instructions and tweaked a few things (as I am inclinced to do) so here is an update.
(I'm sorry to post so many file copies in my various posts - can't see a way to delete the previous file - ?)

Attachments

• v1.1_2-Minute_Red_Velvet_White_Choc_CupCake.doc
    251.5 KB · Views: 377

Hi there! I am so glad you enjoyed the "Hot Chocolate Trifle Cups" from "Simply Sweet." It's one of my favorite recipes as well. I totally understand how hard it is to resist indulging in a delicious treat, especially when it's something you made yourself! And it sounds like your red velvet cake experiment was a success too, even with the slight mishap with the frosting measurements. Don't worry, we all have those moments in the kitchen. Your photo shoot looks amazing by the way!

As for the calorie challenge, I am always up for a good challenge. Have you considered substituting some of the ingredients in the red velvet cake recipe for healthier alternatives? For example, you can use applesauce or mashed bananas instead of oil, and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. These small changes can make a big difference in the calorie count. Let me know if you give it a try and how it turns out. I would love to hear about your progress. Keep up the great baking!

1. What is a "Tester"?

A "Tester" is a small, sample-sized version of a product that allows customers to try it before purchasing the full-size version.

2. What is the 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake?

The 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake is a quick and easy dessert mix from Pampered Chef that combines the flavors of red velvet cake and white chocolate.

3. How do I make the 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake?

To make the 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake, simply combine the mix with water in a microwave-safe mug and microwave for 2 minutes. Let it cool for 1 minute before enjoying.

4. Can I customize the 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake?

Yes, you can add your own twist to the 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake by adding in your favorite mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or sprinkles.

5. Is the 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake gluten-free?

Yes, the 2-Min Red Velvet/White Choc Cake is gluten-free and made with high-quality, non-GMO ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
anoelle
Replies