• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Freezing Tips for Busy Moms: How to Keep Your Food Fresh and Easy to Prepare

In summary, freezing tips include cooking your hamburger beforehand, using freezer paper, and freezing individual portions of meat.
raisingirl
Doing a show w/ all moms and wanted to talk about freezing tips. Like freezing parsley in ice cubes to keep fresh. Personally I could use some quick tips as well as easy to freeze recipes if you know them. Thank you

Pretty much any of the ring fillings can be frozen and thawed all day... all they need to do is scoop out the filling onto the cresent rolls when they get home and bake!

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW DIRECTOR STATUS! I'm almost there with you! WOO HOO!!!

Thanks!!!!

Gillian,
It's so cool to see that in your signature line!!!:D

That's great to know about the ring fillings. I've never tried that!

I bought a bunch of chicken and am going to make it all at once (the chix/broccoli mixture) and freeze them in quart size ziplocks. I am so excited to just thaw and roll out the cresent dough for dinner!

Things we do at our house for freezing.

I make my own home spaghetti sauce and always tend to have way too much. We usually make extra pasta too. Take the pasta noodles and save wrap in plastic wrap in what ever you want as your serving sizes. The noodles will microwave very easily.

You can also take the sauce and freeze as well. If you line the Prep bowls with plastic and then fill with the amount of sauce you want for a serving then freeze, you can pop out the sauce once it is frozen.

Another thing to freeze to help with dinners is to make extra meatloaf (make in the mini loaf pan) and freeze the extras.

Chicken is great frozen. Make extra when you cook something you like and freeze the amounts needed for casseroles or to add to a salad.

Burritos are good to freeze too. If you make a roast or have chicken and have extras roll it in tortillas along with cheese, and maybe green chilis. I roll them individually in plastic wrap. I microwave it enough to thaw and then maybe cook a little in skillet so it doesn't get too tough in the microwave.

Along the burrito idea - you can scramble eggs with sausage, left over ham, bacon add some cheese and roll in plastic. You have great breakfasts on the go.

There is a couple ideas we do regularly.

My freezing tipsCook your hamburger before freezing; separate into 1 lb. portions (approx) and freeze. All you have to do is add it to sauce, helpers, etc. Saves us from eating out many nights!

To avoid freezer burn, use FREEZER PAPER. I separate my meat into portions, and wrap in freezer paper; label the item with a permanent marker, place in ziploc style bag, and freeze. The bags are reuseable without washing, because raw meat has never touched the bag, and I NEVER have freezer burn on my meat.

I thought I might have a file on freezing but I don't...who's gonna make one!?

Found a file on freezing tips (for cookies)...Hope this has some info you can use...

Attachments

• COOKIE FREEZING QUICK TIPS.doc
    20 KB · Views: 364

1. How should I store frozen meals in the freezer?

To properly store frozen meals, make sure they are placed in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. This will prevent freezer burn and keep your meals fresh. Label the container with the date and contents for easy identification.

2. Can I freeze raw meat?

Yes, you can freeze raw meat. It is recommended to wrap the meat tightly in plastic wrap or place it in a freezer-safe bag before placing it in the freezer. Make sure to use the frozen meat within 3-4 months for best quality.

3. How long can I keep frozen meals in the freezer?

Frozen meals can typically be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. After this time, they may start to lose their quality and flavor. It is best to use frozen meals within this time frame for optimal taste.

4. How do I thaw frozen meals?

The safest way to thaw frozen meals is to place them in the refrigerator overnight. This will allow for gradual thawing and minimize the risk of bacteria growth. You can also thaw meals in the microwave on the defrost setting, but be sure to cook them immediately afterwards.

5. Can I refreeze thawed meals?

It is not recommended to refreeze thawed meals. This can impact the quality and safety of the food. If you have thawed a meal and decide not to eat it, it is best to cook it and then freeze any leftovers within 24 hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StewartKerr
  • blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies