• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Tea Stains from Quick Stir Bowls: Expert Tips and Tricks

In summary, this woman loves her quick stir, but does not like the 'pretty one' as she told me. She has used baking soda paste and scrubbed, and also let it soak overnight. I told her I'd ask my pc blog friends to see if anyone can help, and they all said that Cream of Tartar in a stained tea pot takes the stain away. However, if she uses it for other things, then I'd see why, but if she's using it THAT much, I agree with Sheila, get a 2nd one for those other drinks and use that one exclusively for Tea.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Same lady w/the bowls... loves her quick stir although it is not the 'pretty one' as she told me, but cannot get rid of the tea stain. She has used baking soda paste and scrubbed and also let it soak overnight. I told her I'd ask my pc blog friends to see if anyone can help.

I know Cream of Tartar in a stained tea pot takes the stain away.
But you have to boil the water and Cream of Tartar in the tea pot.

Maybe she can pour boiled water in the pitcher with some Cream of Tartar and leave it overnight. That might work.

My mom and I put a little bit of bleach water in the QSP, let it sit, and then stir it around a couple of times. It comes out looking like new every time.

Yup, I fill mine with water and spray with a little clorox clean up, and then swish up and down and let it sit for a while. Wash with hot soapy water and it's perfect!!!

chezshelly said:
Yup, I fill mine with water and spray with a little clorox clean up, and then swish up and down and let it sit for a while. Wash with hot soapy water and it's perfect!!!

This is what I do also...works great!!!

Just had a host ask the same question! Here's her's AFTER I scrubbed it!http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC00840.jpghttp://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC00839.jpg

She said the dishwasher takes it off, but they use it so much she can't stand to be without it for the dishwasher. I'm thinking she needs a 2nd one. ;)

I spray mine with clorox clean up and it removes it instantly! Just rinse well afterwards.

If she only uses that pitcher for Tea...who cares if it is stained? ;)
Now, if she uses it for other things, then I'd see why, but if she's using it THAT much, I agree with Sheila, get a 2nd one for those other drinks and use that one exclusively for Tea.

What is "Tea Stain in Quick Stir"?

"Tea Stain in Quick Stir" is a common problem that occurs when making tea with a metal spoon or stirrer. The tannins in tea react with the metal and cause a brown or yellow stain on the spoon or stirrer.

How can I prevent "Tea Stain in Quick Stir"?

To prevent "Tea Stain in Quick Stir", you can use a non-metal stirrer such as a wooden or plastic spoon. Another option is to let the tea cool down before stirring, as the reaction between metal and tannins is more likely to occur at higher temperatures.

Can "Tea Stain in Quick Stir" be removed?

Yes, "Tea Stain in Quick Stir" can be removed with a few simple methods. One option is to soak the stained spoon or stirrer in a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water for a few hours, then rinse and dry. Another method is to rub the stain with a paste of baking soda and water, then rinse and dry.

Does "Tea Stain in Quick Stir" affect the taste of my tea?

In most cases, "Tea Stain in Quick Stir" does not affect the taste of your tea. However, if the stain is particularly dark or has been on the spoon or stirrer for a long time, it may leave a slight metallic taste in your tea. To avoid this, it is best to prevent the stain from forming in the first place.

Is "Tea Stain in Quick Stir" harmful?

No, "Tea Stain in Quick Stir" is not harmful. It is simply a cosmetic issue and does not affect the safety or quality of your tea. However, it is important to regularly clean and maintain your tea utensils to prevent any buildup of stains or bacteria.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tloudermilk
  • ccpchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kspry
Replies