• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

State Tax Information for Catalog Shows in Illinois and New Jersey

In summary, a food tax is a sales tax or value-added tax applied to food and beverages purchased by consumers. The amount of food tax varies, but can range from 0% to over 10% of the total purchase price. Typically, prepared meals, snacks, soda, alcohol, and other non-essential food items are taxed, while basic groceries like fruits and vegetables are often exempt. Consumers are responsible for paying the food tax at the point of sale, and the revenue is used by the government for public services such as education, healthcare, and infrastructure. However, the specific allocation of food tax revenue varies by location.
SERVEITUPSONYA
hello everyone, i am going to be doing two catalog shows one in Illinois and one in New Jersey but i need to know what the taxes are for the states so i can put that information into my hostess packets...thanks for your help

There is a tax lookup on Consultant's Corner.

On the bottom right hand corner of the main page of CC< there is a Tax Lookup link that will show you what the taxes are in each state. You may need to know the county in order to determine as some states have varying tax rates according to each county.

NJ sales TAX just went up last month to 7% (used to be 6%!). It's one of the states that doesn't charge tax on shipping though!

No tax on food.

Illinois also has no shipping on tax either!
So far, all my food tax for Illinois have been 1.25% - but definitely check it by county.

Gina Miller

1. What is a food tax?

A food tax is a sales tax or value-added tax (VAT) applied to food and beverages purchased by consumers. It is a way for governments to generate revenue from the sale of food items.

2. How much is the food tax?

The amount of food tax varies depending on the location and type of food being purchased. It can range from 0% to over 10% of the total purchase price.

3. What foods are typically taxed?

The foods that are typically taxed include prepared meals, snacks, soda, alcohol, and other non-essential food items. Basic groceries such as fruits, vegetables, and unprepared foods are often exempt from food tax.

4. Who pays the food tax?

Consumers are responsible for paying the food tax when they purchase taxable food items. The tax is usually included in the total price at the point of sale.

5. How are food taxes used?

Food taxes are used to generate revenue for the government and are typically used for public services such as education, healthcare, and infrastructure. However, the specific allocation of food tax revenue varies by location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kewaters
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
chefcaroline
  • E R