• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Tapenade Turkey Meatballs - A Must-Try Recipe!

I would try them, they sound really good.In summary, the conversation revolved around a recipe for spinach and olive tapenade meatballs. Some individuals had already tried them and had mixed opinions due to substitutions made by the cook. Others expressed interest in trying the recipe and thought it would make a good show demonstration. Some also shared their own experiences with similar recipes using tapenade and suggested using different types of cheese as a substitute. Overall, the recipe received positive reviews and was considered a successful and impressive use of various kitchen tools.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Anybody made these yet? Are they good? Good show recipe? It's driving me nuts not having the new products yet!!

I'm making them for our meeting this coming Wed. So I'll let you know then!

someone in our cluster made them for our meeting last Tuesday. I wish I could give a valid opinion because she didn't have all of the ingredients she needed so she substituted several different things. One thing is, she didn't have mint leaves, so she used mint extract. Personally I thought they were disgusting, but I think it was because it overwhelmingly minty! lol I'd love to hear another opinion on them.

Brenda.the.chef said:
someone in our cluster made them for our meeting last Tuesday. I wish I could give a valid opinion because she didn't have all of the ingredients she needed so she substituted several different things. One thing is, she didn't have mint leaves, so she used mint extract.

Personally I thought they were disgusting, but I think it was because it overwhelmingly minty! lol I'd love to hear another opinion on them.

Ugh! Blech!:yuck::yuck::yuck: Not a good substitution choice! A better substitute for mint leaves would be basil, or another savory herb leaf.

Someone made them for our last meeting (thanks Dawn;). I was surprised that I liked them well enough. She did not use the full amount of olives as called for.

We had them at our cluster meeting yesterday also. I thought they were very good. HOWEVER, she said that when she did them in the Ridged Baker per instructions, they were little rocks. So she did the meatballs in her skillet on the stovetop in a little oil. I think you could use the Grill Pan too. But Turkey and Microwaving don't mix well...I had the same trouble with turkey bacon in the R.B. Not enough fat maybe? She did say she didn't have parchment paper and used something else (plastic wrap???) anyway...maybe that had something to do with it. But the flavor was good! IMHOShe did say this would NOT be a good show recipe though. They suggested you could talk about it, and show the MFP with a small bowl of spinach to show what the tapenade would come out like, but not to demo the whole thing.

I made them for dinner last night using the Spinach and Olive Tapenade. My only substitution was that I didn't have enough green olives, so I threw some black olives in there, too.

They. Were. Amazing.

I served them with orzo pasta, that I threw the rest of the spinach in. My whole family absolutely LOVED them! I cooked them for about 7 minutes in my microwave. I doubled the recipe, and ended up with about 35 meatballs, which was perfect (we have leftovers - yay for dinner tonight!).

I can't think of anything I would change!

mountainmama74 said:
I made them for dinner last night using the Spinach and Olive Tapenade. My only substitution was that I didn't have enough green olives, so I threw some black olives in there, too.

They. Were. Amazing.

I served them with orzo pasta, that I threw the rest of the spinach in. My whole family absolutely LOVED them! I cooked them for about 7 minutes in my microwave. I doubled the recipe, and ended up with about 35 meatballs, which was perfect (we have leftovers - yay for dinner tonight!).

I can't think of anything I would change!

How long did it take you to make this recipe? Would you consider it for a show?

I would absolutely do this as a show recipe, and actually plan to for my fall preview show on August 26th! You use LOTS of tools, and I think its an impressive way to show off the Manual Food Processor and the ridged baker!

We made the apple and walnut tapenade with the goat cheese and crustini at our last team meeting. I picked that one because I HATE olives and all the others call for olives. This one is delicious! HOWEVER, goat cheese is disgusting. I would definitely substitute cream cheese or brie for the goat cheese. And, in my opinion, makes a terrific demo! Quick, easy, lots of tools but not too many.

LOL I love goat cheese and actually can't wait to try that one! I also love olives, so I was excited to see these recipes!

mountainmama74 said:
LOL I love goat cheese and actually can't wait to try that one! I also love olives, so I was excited to see these recipes!

Me too - love goat cheese, love olives, and I'm making 2 kinds of Tapenade Meatballs tomorrow, and 2 kinds of tapenade to have with goat cheese and crostini! I can't wait for our meeting!

We tried two of them at our meeting last night and they were both really good!! I did order the ridged baker so it should be here soon for me to try it out!

i made meatballs in the ridged baker - they turned out great, and i only had paper towels to lay over it. the one whose turned into little rocks - did she use the small scoop or the medium one? (i used medium) i am looking forward to trying the other flavor tapenades with the meatballs, especially the apricot fig one.

Just wondering since this thread popped up originally, has anyone else tried these? Which flavor tapenades have you liked the best? Which is your favorite to go with the meatballs? I'm not sure if I should make the Spinach & Basil one or the Red Pepper & Sundried tomato one for my Fall Kick Off tonight. Any recommendations?

babywings76 said:
Just wondering since this thread popped up originally, has anyone else tried these? Which flavor tapenades have you liked the best? Which is your favorite to go with the meatballs? I'm not sure if I should make the Spinach & Basil one or the Red Pepper & Sundried tomato one for my Fall Kick Off tonight. Any recommendations?

I tried both of those that you mentioned. I liked the spinach & basil ones better. But some of my family liked the other ones better. I felt like I had to mix the red pepper ones ALOT compared to the spinach ones. Plus with the price of sundried tomatoes and the olives, I probably would not offer them at a show.

So, I just made one test batch just to see how the process went and make sure they don't flop on me and I'm not sure about how they turn out. They seem kind of gross & messy visually. (my camera's battery is charging, otherwise I'd post a picture of them). I need them to cool down and I'll take them out. I wonder if it would be better if I make the mixture and chill it first so that they meatball blobs are more solid next time?

babywings76 said:
So, I just made one test batch just to see how the process went and make sure they don't flop on me and I'm not sure about how they turn out. They seem kind of gross & messy visually. (my camera's battery is charging, otherwise I'd post a picture of them). I need them to cool down and I'll take them out. I wonder if it would be better if I make the mixture and chill it first so that they meatball blobs are more solid next time?

That's what the consultant thought who made them for our meeting but we didn't think they looked messy at all! If they don't seem very solid maybe add a little more bread crumbs. That will hold them together more.

They look kind of gross when you take them out of the microwave, and as you lift them up, you see that there an indentation on the bottoms of them from the ridges of the baker, so they are kind of odd-shaped. But once I tossed them in the extra tapenade, it hides that and they look just fine. They tasted REALLY good!!! I'm going to be making these often at home I think. :thumbup:

1. What is Tapenade Turkey Meatballs?

Tapenade Turkey Meatballs are a delicious and healthy twist on traditional meatballs. They are made with lean ground turkey and a flavorful tapenade mixture, giving them a unique and savory taste.

2. How do I prepare Tapenade Turkey Meatballs?

To prepare Tapenade Turkey Meatballs, mix together ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, and tapenade in a bowl. Form the mixture into balls and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked.

3. Can I use a different type of meat for these meatballs?

While the recipe calls for ground turkey, you can also use ground chicken or beef for these meatballs. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the type of meat used.

4. What are some serving suggestions for Tapenade Turkey Meatballs?

Tapenade Turkey Meatballs can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish. They can be enjoyed on their own, with a side of vegetables or salad, or served with pasta or rice for a heartier meal.

5. Are Tapenade Turkey Meatballs freezer-friendly?

Yes, these meatballs can be frozen either before or after cooking. Simply place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and store them for up to 3 months. To reheat, bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • krley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies