• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Refreshments for Tomorrow's Church Luncheon

In summary, when preparing refreshments for a church luncheon, it is important to consider dietary restrictions, use quality ingredients, and provide a mix of hot and cold dishes. It is also recommended to have slightly more food than needed and to properly store and transport the food to maintain freshness. Additionally, using insulated containers and ice packs and having someone designated to check and replenish the food can help ensure it is served at the right temperature.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am making these to take as refreshments to a luncheon that follows a church event tomorrow. Do you think if I made them in the morning they'd be okay? Or should I bring them prepped, but assemble and bake them there? Anyone know if these are okay reheated on warm in the oven? I also am bringing the Chocolate PB Cup Torte, and am debating making it tonight vs. tomorrow morning... for the same event. They aren't going to be served until noon. Any thoughts?

Not for sure about the tartlets, they should be okay reheated. But I do know that I prefer the torte the next day. I prefer the crunchi-ness over the gooey-ness. When you first make it, it's all ooey-gooey but after it hardens over night, it was a good crunch to it.

Both of them are good at room temp, so I don't think there is any need to reheat.

I made the tarts and did reheat them easily the next day and ate them at room temp- fine both ways.

I routinely make the tartlets the day before.

Okay, thanks. I ended up being too tired to bake everything last night. I just got everything all laid out and prepped for this morning. I'm going to do all the baking here and then reheat the tartlets there, if I taste one and think the caramel is too hard. :)

I just got home from the event. I ended up making the torte this morning. I made the apple mixture at home and did everything else there at the church. It was a huge hit with everyone, I got a lot of people asking me for the recipe of both the torte and the tartlets. :)

1. How do I make sure the refreshments are suitable for a church luncheon?

When making refreshments for a church luncheon, it is important to consider any dietary restrictions or preferences of the attendees. This may include providing options for those who are vegetarian, gluten-free, or have food allergies. It is also important to use quality ingredients and avoid dishes that are overly rich or heavy.

2. What types of dishes are best for a church luncheon?

The best dishes for a church luncheon are ones that are easy to prepare and serve, can be made in large quantities, and are suitable for a variety of tastes. Some popular options include casseroles, salads, sandwiches, and fruit trays. It is also a good idea to have a mix of hot and cold dishes.

3. How much food should I prepare for a church luncheon?

The amount of food to prepare for a church luncheon will depend on the number of attendees and the type of dishes being served. As a general rule, it is better to have slightly more food than needed rather than not enough. It is also a good idea to have a variety of options so that attendees can choose what they would like to eat.

4. Can I make the refreshments ahead of time?

Yes, it is possible to make refreshments ahead of time for a church luncheon. Some dishes, such as casseroles and salads, can be made the day before and refrigerated until serving. Other dishes, such as sandwiches, can be assembled the morning of the luncheon. It is important to properly store and transport the food to maintain freshness.

5. How can I ensure the refreshments are served at the right temperature?

To ensure that the refreshments are served at the right temperature, it is important to use insulated containers for hot dishes and ice packs for cold dishes. If using a slow cooker to keep food warm, be sure to monitor the temperature and stir occasionally. It is also helpful to have someone designated to check and replenish the food throughout the luncheon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefJennyLynn
Replies
Views
jnsr96
  • momoftwins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
valleygirl2