• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Berry Cake Winner: Perfect for Your Next Show!

I am glad you are excited about it!Thanks for posting the recipe.I will double the whipped topping and post it as well.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I made this last night for Bunko and it went over really well! I put fresh berries in a glaze over top, and w/ whip cream and it went over so well. I told them they were my guenie pigs, and asked if I should serve it at a show?

I think it would be good with a crm cheese glaze as well.:D

I would reccomend this cake for shows!

share :)OK.. so don't leave us hanging like that! :D Share the recipe please. I've never heard of this one...

Thanks.

What's the recipe?

It was one of the very first cakes I made when I got my fluted pan. Very yummy!

Lee Anne

Attachments

• SUNSHINE CAKE.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 492
It is a great cake for the summer:) Very yummy!

Thanks LeeAnne for posting the recipe! I found it in the Casual Cooking Cookbook.I am really trying to pull out recipes that I know other consultants aren't using in the area. I am trying to make my shows stand out!

I wonder if you could use blueberry (or other) pie filling in the fluted pan first, and pour the cake mix over then microwave?

Good Idea Shari!! I am not sure if it would work or not, but I am always a big fan of microwaving!

My host has chose to make this as a trifle, so I posted my shopping list of what I give my hosts. You can still make the microwave cake and show the fluted stone. I have the cake done cooking in the micro when the guests arrive and pull it out for them to see. Hope everyone enjoys, a good way to not heat up the house.SUNSHINE CAKE1 lemon
1 orange
1 small carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
3 eggs
1 container (16 oz) sour cream
1 package (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
1 pint blueberries
1 pint Strawberries (you may substitute frozen mixed berries, cheaper way to go)
1 pint raspberries
1 container of whipped Topping
1 Package of strawberry glaze (found in produce section, you can get the jar already made or the packet and we can mix it)Now with this recipe we can make a trifle out of it, just double the whipped topping

Sounds fabulous! I am going to have to try it!

What ingredients are needed to make the Berry Cake Winner?

To make the Berry Cake Winner, you will need 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1/2 cup of melted butter, 3 eggs, 8 oz of cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 2 cups of fresh berries, and powdered sugar for dusting.

Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh ones?

Yes, you can use frozen berries instead of fresh ones. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the cake batter to prevent excess moisture.

What is the best type of berries to use for this cake?

You can use any type of berries for this cake, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. You can even mix different types of berries for a more diverse flavor.

How do I prevent the berries from sinking to the bottom of the cake?

To prevent the berries from sinking, toss them in a small amount of flour before adding them to the cake batter. This will help them stay suspended in the batter as it bakes.

Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. It will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies