1. Join Chef Success Today!
    We're the #1 Pampered Chef Consultant Community. Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files, images, discussions etc! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunshine Cake!!!!!:)

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by pamperedalf, Jun 28, 2006.

1. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Legacy Member Silver Member

I made this last night for Bunko and it went over really well! I put fresh berries in a glaze over top, and w/ whip cream and it went over so well. I told them they were my guenie pigs, and asked if I should serve it at a show?

I think it would be good with a crm cheese glaze as well.:D

I would reccomend this cake for shows!
    Jun 28, 2006
  2. cookingabcs

cookingabcs Guest

share :)

OK.. so don't leave us hanging like that! :D Share the recipe please. I've never heard of this one...

Jun 28, 2006
  3. DZmom

DZmom Senior Member

What's the recipe?
    Jun 28, 2006
  4. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Advanced Member Silver Member

It was one of the very first cakes I made when I got my fluted pan. Very yummy!

Lee Anne

Attached Files:

Jun 28, 2006
  5. lacychef

lacychef Legacy Member

It is a great cake for the summer:) Very yummy!
    Jun 28, 2006
  6. pamperedalf

Thanks LeeAnne for posting the recipe! I found it in the Casual Cooking Cookbook.

I am really trying to pull out recipes that I know other consultants aren't using in the area. I am trying to make my shows stand out!
    Jun 28, 2006
  7. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Veteran Member Gold Member

I wonder if you could use blueberry (or other) pie filling in the fluted pan first, and pour the cake mix over then microwave?
    Jun 28, 2006
  8. gilliandanielle

gilliandanielle Legacy Member

Good Idea Shari!! I am not sure if it would work or not, but I am always a big fan of microwaving!
  9. pamperedalf

My host has chose to make this as a trifle, so I posted my shopping list of what I give my hosts. You can still make the microwave cake and show the fluted stone. I have the cake done cooking in the micro when the guests arrive and pull it out for them to see.

Hope everyone enjoys, a good way to not heat up the house.

1 lemon
    1 orange
    1 small carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
    3 eggs
    1 container (16 oz) sour cream
    1 package (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
    1 pint blueberries
    1 pint Strawberries (you may substitute frozen mixed berries, cheaper way to go)
    1 pint raspberries
    1 container of whipped Topping
    1 Package of strawberry glaze (found in produce section, you can get the jar already made or the packet and we can mix it)

Now with this recipe we can make a trifle out of it, just double the whipped topping
    May 24, 2007
  10. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legacy Member Gold Member

Sounds fabulous! I am going to have to try it!
    May 24, 2007
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar pages for: Sunshine Cake!!!!!:)