• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sunday School Craft for 5Th Grade

In this Easter activity, children will create a cross out of Easter eggs. The cross will represent the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, and the eggs will symbolize His life, death, and resurrection. This activity is a fun way to learn about Easter and the significance of the Easter holiday.
hazy219
I'm looking for a good craft for my Sunday School class mostly made up of 5th graders. They do not enjoy doing the same crafts with the younger kids they want something challenging. Any ideas? Thanks:(

Do you have a theme for the week??

We are talking about Lent and Easter, but I would appreciate suggestions on other subjects also. Thanks.

We did something cool in vacation bible school when I was younger, but can't remember what age or grade. It's making a cool cross with burnt matches. If you are interested, I'll try and type up some instructions with pictures.

I think I remember something like that too, but wouldn't know how to do it. Directions would be great. Post them or e-mail [email protected]
Thanks

would you have access to the oven?

1 package Cresent rolls
melted butter
large marshmallows
cinnamon
sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Give each child a triangle of cresent rolls.
The cresent roll represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in.

Give each child a marshmallow.
This represents Jesus and His purity.

Have child dip the marshmallow in melted butter.
This represents the oils of embalming.

Dip the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon and sugar.
This represents the spices used to annoint the body of Jesus.

Wrap the coated marshmallow tightly in the cresent roll
(not like a typical cresent roll up, but bring the sides up and seal the marshmallow inside)
This represents the wrapping of Jesus' body after death.

Place in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
The oven represents the tomb (pretend like it was 3 days and nights!)

When the rolls have cooled slightly, the children can open their rolls (cloths) and discover that Jesus is no longer there,

HE IS RISEN!
The marshmallow melts and the cresent roll is puffed up,
but like the tomb - IT IS EMPTY!

you could also send this home with the kids for them to do at home to show their parents and at the bottom have your contact info on it...lol

tHANKS THAT SOUNDS GREAT AND THEY WILL LOVE IT

I have a little Easter lesson that you put different objects into plastic Easter Eggs and put them in an egg carton. Then you teach about Easter by opening up the eggs and talking about what's inside them and how they symbolize different things that pertain to Christ's life, death, and resurrection. The kids could assemble the kits and then have them to take home and share with their families.

This was great, the kids loved it and I think they got the message. THANKS!

What are some easy and fun Sunday School crafts for 5th grade students?

Some easy and fun Sunday School crafts for 5th grade students include making prayer bracelets, creating Bible story scenes using popsicle sticks and construction paper, designing felt cross bookmarks, decorating ceramic tiles with Bible verses, and making stained glass windows using tissue paper and contact paper.

What materials are typically needed for Sunday School crafts for 5th grade?

Materials typically needed for Sunday School crafts for 5th grade include construction paper, scissors, glue, markers or crayons, popsicle sticks, felt, beads, yarn, ceramic tiles, tissue paper, and contact paper. Additional materials may be needed depending on the specific craft being done.

How can Sunday School crafts for 5th grade help reinforce important lessons and values?

Sunday School crafts for 5th grade can help reinforce important lessons and values by providing a hands-on and creative way for students to engage with and remember the lesson. The act of making something tangible can also serve as a visual reminder of the lesson and its message.

Are there any specific themes or topics that are popular for Sunday School crafts for 5th grade?

Some popular themes or topics for Sunday School crafts for 5th grade include Bible stories, holidays such as Christmas and Easter, and character traits such as love, kindness, and forgiveness. These themes can be easily adapted to different crafts and can help reinforce important teachings.

How can Sunday School crafts for 5th grade be adapted for different skill levels and abilities?

Sunday School crafts for 5th grade can be adapted for different skill levels and abilities by offering a variety of options for students to choose from. For example, some students may prefer more intricate crafts while others may feel more comfortable with simpler projects. It is important to provide options and support for all students to participate and feel successful in the activity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • nicki25
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nicki25
  • Tropicalburstqt2