• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade vs. Refrigerated Dough: Easier to Work With?

In summary, the main difference between homemade and refrigerated dough is the time and effort required to make them. Both types can be used for the same recipes, but the texture and flavor may differ slightly. It ultimately depends on personal preference and experience. Homemade dough should be stored in the fridge or freezer, while refrigerated dough should be kept in the fridge and used within a few days.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
Which is easier to work with: box/bag made, refrigerated, homemade from scratch?? At my Kids in the Kitchen I'm giving each child a ball of dough to roll out and cut out. They will be doing this on parchment paper and I want to avoid sticking. I want to use refrigerated because its easier for me, but is it the best choice for ease with the kids?

I always make homemade from scratch but I have to say that I don't do it all that often.

The refrigerated is the easiest for sure but the homemade tastes better.

It really depends on your personal preference and the skill level of the kids. Refrigerated dough may be easier for you to work with, but homemade from scratch dough can be a fun and educational experience for the kids. It also allows for more creativity and customization in terms of shapes and flavors. However, if the kids are younger or less experienced, refrigerated dough may be a better option to avoid any frustration or mess. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what will work best for your situation.

1. What is the main difference between homemade and refrigerated dough?

The main difference between homemade and refrigerated dough is the time and effort required to make them. Homemade dough is made from scratch using ingredients such as flour, water, yeast, and salt, while refrigerated dough is pre-made and sold in stores.

2. Is one type of dough easier to work with than the other?

It depends on personal preference and experience. Some people find homemade dough to be easier to work with because they have control over the ingredients and can adjust the texture and flavor to their liking. Others prefer refrigerated dough because it is already pre-made and requires less time and effort.

3. Can I use both types of dough for the same recipes?

Yes, you can use both types of dough for the same recipes. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may differ slightly. Homemade dough tends to have a more rustic and homemade taste, while refrigerated dough may have a more uniform and commercial taste.

4. Which type of dough is better for baking bread?

Again, this is a matter of personal preference. Some people swear by homemade dough for its freshness and flavor, while others prefer the convenience of using refrigerated dough for quick and easy bread baking. It ultimately depends on your baking goals and preferences.

5. How should I store homemade and refrigerated dough?

Homemade dough should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Refrigerated dough should be kept in the refrigerator until ready to use, and any leftovers should be tightly wrapped and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Always follow the storage instructions on the packaging for specific refrigerated dough products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
pamperedpnina
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips